TOTAL BWF World Championships 2019 : SEMIFINAL & FINAL (24-25 August)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 23, 2019.

1. fanyy

fanyy Regular Member

WD: agony of defeat
    WS: total domination
    MS: hold my beer
    MD: clash of the generations
    XD: business as usual

visor, nilesh123, wade and 7 others like this.
  2. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

Alright, i too thought LJH was still upset over the semi defeat. But he was right that the podium is too small for 8 grown up men, so my sorry to u.

Let’s congrats the winners n oso the rest of the players for putting up a good show the last 7 days.

Justin L, Cheung and Anks like this.
  3. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Came in to comment abt MA/HS but can't help to see the argument about LiLiu. IMHO it's ironic that someone here makes fun minions for their attitude but goes all defensive when LJH is not showing sportsmanship.
    Anyway if you talk abt class, it has to be 2019 MD world champ.
    I know MA/HS is very calm and composed, but on that last point, I cant believe they didn't celebrate after the shuttle went out. They just calmly walk to the side and wait for Hawkeye. Even after confirmation they just did a fist pump and clap. Nothing outlandish.. It's as if winning is normal. Never fail to impress, nerves of steel, top class

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

my partner told me, cant imagine if it's minions that is standing there instead of HokiKobayashi ^_* lol.

5. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

maybe because their favourite, is lose H2H 2-10 against minion? ;)

SpursIndonesia and Yoji like this.
  6. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Then minions will win?

7. minions

minions Regular Member

Congratulations to Japan for being the overall winner of this WC. And also to the WC champions and medalists.

JPN - 2 Golds, 3 Silvers, 1 Bronze
    CHN - 1 Gold, 4 Bronzes
    INA - 1 Gold, 2 Bronzes
    IND - 1 Gold, 1 Bronze
    THA - 1 Silver, 2 Bronzes
    DEN - 1 Silver

List of the WC medalists.

MS
    Gold - Kento Momota (Japan)
    Silver - Anders Antonsen (Denmark)
    Bronze - B. Sai Praneeth (India)
    Bronze - Kantaphon Wangcharoen (Thailand)

WS
    Gold - Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (India)
    Silver - Nozomi Okuhara (Japan)
    Bronze - Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand)
    Bronze - Chen Yu Fei (China)

MD
    Gold - Mohammad Ahsan / Hendra Setiawan (Indonesia)
    Silver - Takuro Hoki / Yugo Kobayashi (Japan)
    Bronze - Fajar Alfian / M. Rian Ardianto (Indonesia)
    Bronze - Li Jun Hui / Liu Yu Chen (China)

WD
    Gold - Mayu Matsumoto / Wakana Nagahara (Japan)
    Silver - Yuki Fukushima / Sayaka Hirota (Japan)
    Bronze - Greysia Polii / Apriyani Rahayu (Indonesia)
    Bronze - Du Yue / Li Yin Hui (China)

XD
    Gold - Zheng Si Wei / Huang Ya Qiong (China)
    Silver - Dechapol Puavaranukroh / Sapsiree Taerattanachai (Thailand)
    Bronze - Yuta Watanabe / Arisa Higashino (Japan)
    Bronze - Wang Yi Lyu / Huang Dong Ping (China)

Anks likes this.
  8. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Your hatred for ZSW may trigger stroke or cancer, be careful dude :p:D

9. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Ok To my fellow chinese bros and sis dont be upset in what Im about to say but if you know me you know that I say what I Mean and having A Mix of Indian Chinese Japanese Favourites I have to bear the load of going through These three countries Media sites and its always sad when these Dumb fat journalist belittle these fine athletes.

Because last year I saw Chinese media reaponse to SYQ as Much heart broken I was seeing all three of my favs Fukurota Shi and PVS with Silver I somehow made myself again understood That I should be proud of them they didnt lose Gold they EARNED SILVER and will come back stronger.This time they are just printing praises and glory for XD pair but not appreciating the other Bronze medalist..Chinese Media and Indian Media these two must take lessons from japanese media who is far more ethical and generous and kind to its athletes.

Now you guys know CYF is not my fav but I like the AE Champ and I feel Chinese Media is totally ignoring her being the only WS to put chinese flag high..and why ? Because China is so used to getting GOLDS that the media starts ignoring their own players....I have said time and again Please Respect and Love an athelete for they do all this for us the fans and their countries.

To Chinese Media - I Hate you guys ( Not like Full blown but in a deslike sense )

To CYF - Im proud of you Chen You were the woman who fought hard to make sure your flag flew high and its Zillion times better than having to go without trying to make a podium finish.

Im Proud of you that your a patriotic person and wanna say I love you for all your achievement please dont be sad..Remember there is always a next time and Wining a Medal even a bronze at WC stage is no Fluke You Earned it...and dont let the stupid media discourage you..Your fans I know love you and I know they are sad but I know as a fighter u are you will Come back stronger. !

#989 Anks, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  10. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

He sure can LJH is a tiny guy only 1m tall according to some ppl..

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Same for you on your hatred to someone. Least i dont write names. XD is matter of competition.

why try changing peoples opinion when thats a fact anyway.

12. minions

minions Regular Member

Do you know what Japanese media has reported regarding to the WC final? I am curious to know that.

13. Anks

Anks Regular Member

samkool and minions like this.
  14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think this is not a good response..

15. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Here is more to your Curiosity and how Japanese are accepting all the medalists rather than Giving everythin to KM ans WD...Thats called wise reporting and neither are they heckling Fukurota for another silver..Just mentioned in one line thats it.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...t-repeat-world-badminton-champs/#.XWNGkR5X40M

minions likes this.
  16. minions

minions Regular Member

Thank you! The articles are good to read. The JPN medias really did the players justice.

Anks likes this.
  17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

There are reasons why MD match is always placed last in Final. you can count how many tournaments Final since 2018 (SS WC WTF) that place MD is the last match.

Entertainment value is very important. I can just go home after watching MD if its the 1st match.

Anks likes this.
  18. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

What? Why should I try to change ppl's opinion esp yours it's 'price die' no one can change it even if they try very hard.
    Who's that someone haha ZSW? I don't like the way he celebrates with crowds and let his partner hanging like yo-yo no no no hate from my part, or do you mean Kevin, still no tho I dislike him being cocky but that's not hate.
    If you follow his posts on XD you would understand why my response is like that ;)

19. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Be Glad I dont have current INA Favs or else I will be reading al English and Translating Bahsa Newspapers and seeing what they have written about My Heroes...But I love Indonesia as a country and kind people....Just feel sad that they dont give all Players equal love and importance I have heard many Ina folks sayin "We Are used to gold that we dont get satisfied with bronze or silver" That broke my heart for LEGEND in my heart Maria Kristen Yulianti Now if your an Indonesian I doubt you even remember her but surprised that i Do because Im a master in research of OG medalists and their lives and reports news to the present day and what they are doing.

The treatment she got and Mia audina got was depressing for me I always felt INA downplayed its two other champions and gave much to the all time Legend the great and elegant ballerina of Badminton Madam Susanti and in her light they forgot the other two.:(

badito likes this.
  20. minions

minions Regular Member

I know that INA's treatment on the medalists are not always fair. But, I think it has gotten better now. Yes, there are some INA medias who are known for belittling INA players' result. But, I simply brushed them aside because I know that these medias are cheap-ass with absolute garbage quality and I know that there are some truly credible medias who do the INA players justice.

However, I will just being honest here. I can be unsatisfied if INA MD player fail to win gold medal on major tournaments due to the long list of tradition. But, no more than that. I will just keep up my hopes. As for other categories, of course that I will be satisfied due to the long wait of such achievements.

If you ever interest in INA medias, you can check up at detik.com, the truly credible and no.1 media. Just don't look at the comments.

Anks likes this.