TOTAL BWF World Championships 2019 : SEMIFINAL & FINAL (24-25 August)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 23, 2019.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Even with only one pair in the final, Zhang Jun looked much more healthier and cheerful than PJB who has more golds and silvers:D Must be the BK

2. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    To all the folks here targetting my Hero Li please Dont be harsh ...I knw he does that but Hes ZILLION TIMES BETTER than those so called No.1s without major pair who stare one net and show bad attitude on court to opponents.

Im Proud of Both Li/Liu they are my Kings World Champions and will be ...Theres nothing wrong in being sad.

So PLEASE SPARE Li,The former WORLD CHAMP and Future OG MEDALIST.

#942 Anks, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    skhai91, CIA-99 and Yoji like this.
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

All of a sudden, Sindhu has become the hotshot player everybody wants to beat in WS

4. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    So it was a fitting end to this year's World championships with an intriguing men's doubles final. What a special moment for Ahsan and Setiawan, more so for Setiawan. Overal, I am happy that finally our very own pvs won that elusive gold medal and deservedly so. Feel for Fukushima and Hirota, a third straight loss in a gold medal bout can be devastating specially at the hands of their own teammates for the second in as many years that too in such an odd fashion yet again but I hope this doesn't affect them in a long run. Ofcourse it will be tough to forget but they should keep working towards their goal. I hope Hiro and fuku work on their self confidence a bit. Congratulations to all the medalists be it gold, silver or bronze. They thoroughly deserved it. Bravo!

nilesh123 and Drive Warrior like this.
  5. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Thank you my friend for your concerns however my WD ( Three Times WC SILVER MEDALISTS ) will come back stronger ans you may be surprised to see them may be winning Gold at OG Next year.

6. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

yeah healthier on the outside.. and more cheerful of course :D

7. Anks

Anks Regular Member

So Guys,Overall A Mixed Feeling Yet Great Tournament For me this was.

Firstly,Obviously Seeing my Queen becoming the World Queen was outstanding

Secondly,However my other sisters FukuRota were so close to the Gold but for me they didnt lose the Gold They WON THEIR THIRD CONSECUTIVE SILVER and thats the positive attitude I have and I know they will be surprising a lot of you here feeling sorry for them...PLZ DONT...We will handle it .

Thirdly it was MD not the best performance by my favs Li/liu but neverthless they won Bronze and its an addition to their MAJOR medals Treasure..And to those Questioning Li's upset face ...PLEASE STOP .He is not some Namesake fake attitude Players who stare at opponents at the net and do drama HE IS A CHAMP remember that HE IS YOUR FORMER WORLD CHAMP....Its natural for the BEST to feel sad.

Thirdly and lastly..Congrats to MS KM..However didnt watch it cause My Hero is injured..I request you all to please pray for him and for me too..I just want him back safely and healthy and dont want nothing just good fight for OG next year..and I know My Hero will come back.

Thats it from my side guys..take care and lots and lots of love to you all and congrats if your favs win today.
    May God bless you all !

CIA-99 likes this.
  8. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    So what are your thoughts guys? What do you take from this year's World championships?

I was most impressed by hoki and Koba to be honest, this was the first time I watched them play(my bad), and I can see them creating a stir in the tour in the upcoming months. Really missed satvik and chirag's presence in the draw. As for the men's singles, Anders antonsen is really keeping up with the big guns and he's only going to improve, so will kantaphon, so it will be interesting to see their progress upto the Olympics. Can't really say much about Sai because it's no secret that he has potential, only if he can improve his fitness. Women's singles is always competitive. For now, the way she played in these championships Sindhu will be the hot favourite in most of the tourneys ahead. In Women's doubles, I am really worried about my favourites Matsutomo and Takahashi. They seem to be the most beatable japanese pair at the moment. In mixed doubles it's Huang and Zheng all the way.

trizzforce, stanleyfm and CIA-99 like this.
  9. srini123

srini123 New Member

There is not much pipe line to fill the vacuum really.Don’t know what happened to Ruthvika Sivani who always beats Sindhu in domestic tournaments and Siril verma and Lakshya Sen... looks like most of younger lot are injury prone and can never reach upper echelons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arjevo likes this.
  10. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

37EAD351-CE29-4652-BD2B-D2FEB62A9086.jpeg
    The guy didn’t even make the effort to step onto the podium for the group keepsake photo when EVERY other medalist had. Where’s the sportsmanship...

HS: “come, let’s take one together for old times sake”.

LJH: “Sorry, too busy sulking right now”

#950 Desireless, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Just review the match between Momota and Antonsen, the score is 22-3 in second game because the umpire made a mistake. Just look at the first comment on youtube.

This could be an all-time record ^-^ How funny

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I remembered during the ThomasCup Final
    . He shouted to AhsanHendra face all the way for every point and AhsanHendra didnt mind that. If its Kevin , is asking for war. If its me , i also wont be happy.

and then what happened at Podium is like as if someone stole his gold wkwk. If any ,He should punch Hoki Face for beating him.

SpursIndonesia and arjevo like this.
  13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I am also mostly impressed with HokiKoba especially Kobayashi. His smash is so crisp like LCW ish. Beating HZ LiLiu & Kamson is great achievement.

AhsanHendra draw is really helpful for then to win the title.

arjevo likes this.
  14. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Hoki/kobayashi is definitely a pair to watch in the future. I like them more than kamura/sonoda.

15. whatAHassle

whatAHassle Regular Member

This finals day has left a bitter taste in my mouth.
    WS and MS are the events that I most enjoy watching but they were so one-sided that I just stopped watching.
    What's up with finalists who can't even score 20 points in a whole match ? Give a walkover if you can't do better than that.
    At least we won't have to watch that crap.
    Sorry but that's how I feel. No offense intended to anyone.

EDIT: typo

16. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Man, people just could not live without taking shot at anyone.

Li Junhui is not doing that to piss anyone, he is a human too. It's natural to be disappointed to lose.
    I am sure he doesn't want to be in the spotlight anymore after that lose.
    Disappointment takes time to heal, even more just yesterday.

skhai91 and Anks like this.
  17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You are putting words into his mouth. What's the big deal, is there a lot of space for 8 big guys to step on the top podium? Do the rest really mind that he is not on it, in the end? The picture showed him looking at the podium and wondering how to squeeze in. Again, you guys are reading too much into it, and making a mountain out of a molehill.

Anks likes this.
  18. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Yeah, and not to mention he's not even obligated to do so. The nerve of some people. He thinks that Li should act like this:

Li: Wow, I should not be sulking after losing SF in the World Championship as the defending champion and top seed. It was wrong for me to act like a normal human being and show emotion right?

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Or I could interpret it as : Poor Li Junhui, he was left out in the cold, the top podium is too small for another big guy like him to get on to, and he could only stand there looking sheepishly and neglected. Mind you, he didn't look away as if uninterested or with disdain.

Of course, some petty, narrow-minded, prejudiced minds would take it negatively and fault him for it.

gelopisan and CIA-99 like this.
  20. heri93

heri93 Regular Member

student
    [​IMG]

Found this on Li Junhui Weibo, one media making a joke about him didnt want to be in the podium. He said, there is no room in the podium, and he didnt want to be disrespectful. Do I have to take them down? Maybe Chinese speaker here will have better translation than I did

skhai91 and Justin L like this.