Why momota lost to Shi YuQi?? Does any one have deep analysis

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by Vipul Singh, Jun 1, 2019.

1. kurako

kurako Regular Member

It is probably not quite the same level as in Indonesia or China, but when I attended the SF and Finals of the Japan Open last September there was certainly support from the audience. Rather than "Nippon, Nippon", it was "Mo-mo-ta, Mo-mo-ta", though. ... There was even a "how to cheer" practice session before the matches began! :D

rhoder, CLELY and Cheung like this.
  2. s3160717

s3160717 Regular Member

To Momota, men single Tokyo Olympic Gold Medal is much more important than Surdiman Cup 2019 and World Champion 2019 and it is the absolute final mission of Momota and Japan Badminton Federation. The Japanese Coaches know that Lin Dan is the best men single in badminton history and the most dangerous opponent in any Olympic matches. However, they do not have much experience on how to defeat Lin Dan when he is in God Mode. The Lin Dan that they have defeated recently is just Lin Dan The Yonex Advertising Mode. Only 3 old still-playing-players Lee Chong Wei (or not), Chen Long and Lee Hyun Il know the strategy how to defeat Lin Dan God Mode and still remember those scary days. The young professional players only know Lin Dan God Mode by watching him on Youtube.com. Then, The Japaneses have to make the Chinese Coaches believe that Shi Yu Qi and Chen Long are 2 better candidates by giving up Surdiman Cup 2019 and possibly you will not see Momota in semi-final or final WC 2019.
    To Lin Dan, he is destroying anyone who he would meet for his final target Tokyo Olympic 2020 Gold.

Curvy likes this.
  3. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    momota obviously just trying to play passive, compare first set and the remaining 2 sets .... can see the differences , the remaining 2 sets he let SYQ dictate the pace. Well if they meet in big event , i will fav momota over SYQ anytime

4. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

A great player will never not acknowledge another greater player. In defeat is where you become. better. If loud noises will make you win, then no skill is required haha

visor, Curvy, Justin L and 1 other person like this.
  5. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

I am sure there will be avid Chinese media claiming SYQ has come out of age and is on the way to the next level, world beater etc, just like when CYF beat TZY after 11 failures.. And what happened next is the sun still rises from the east. The Chinese have a knack of achieving great things as a nation by emphasising and clinching the majors much more over tournaments which imo doesn't do enough for the sport especially with the vast talents they have. Guys like LCW deserves every respect for delivering his best in all he play for both fans and country.

6. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

At least Momota is more fun to watch. Except for Lindan, most Chinese players play like robot. From Chen Jin to Chen Long to SYQ.. So mechanical and painfully boring!

pughon likes this.
  7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Same as Momota. Don't know what's more exciting about him... Better technique and more fluid footwork doesn't make his style of play less boring.

whatAHassle, wade and skhai91 like this.
  8. kurako

kurako Regular Member

If you appreciate "aesthetics", then that fluid movement is anything but boring.

9. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

You really think LD can bring out his “God Mode form” now? Lol

10. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Again BC got hacked !
    @kwun, plz do something.

11. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

No they didn't get hacked. Someone just created an account like you and me and dumped their little turds all over the forum.

12. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

Are you joking?

13. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

SYQ are more fun to watch compared to momota.

rhoder, wade, visor and 2 others like this.
  14. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

SYQ and the 2 Indonesians are skillful strokes players whilst Momota is more technical and has better stamina. Depend on the day of play, skilled players either played very well or badly whilst technical players have higher chance of winning due to consistency.That is my view on the difference.

15. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Agree.
    I like his funny emotion when he made faults. Same with Viktor Axelsen or Tai Tzu Ying. At least they showed some human aspect.

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

That is true. Most chinese players play like robot, its so systematic.

17. whatAHassle

whatAHassle Regular Member

I totally agree.
    Recently , the player that I've found the most interesting to watch is Ginting (when he is focused).

I find Momota's style of play mechanical.

If you want to talk about aesthetics, I see : Taufik Hidayat, Ratchanok Intanon and Tai Tzu Ying play styles aesthetic.
    It flows freely and even though the opponent sees the shot coming, they can't do anything to stop it.

To answer the topic though, we can only speculate. It is my opinion that playing a patient game against Momota is the best tactic.
    Similar to what Anders Antonsen did in the Indonesia super 500.
    When you play an all out attack like Ginting did in China, It might work but it is not sustainable. You burn all your energy and inject all the pace in the game. It's cruise control for KM. When you play patiently and take your chances, he has to work to inject pace, he uses more energy, makes more mistakes.

0-2 down, stamina, home advantage, all that never prevented him from winning most of the tournaments he entered before.
    When you are in a final of a tournament, it's still do or die. If you would like to win that is...

18. kurako

kurako Regular Member

This is obviously a case of each to his own. As the cliché goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

You have omitted an important facture: The mental pressure of expectations. Momota carries rather heavy baggage.

I am sure that the players are more than fully aware of this. Let's see how he fares at the WC.

19. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

jeez

rename mo to prime lin or lcw, the question will make more sense and interesting. Mo is better, not enough to "above"

Mo play like 30s lin style. He makes opponent waste more energy than himself so he has stamina adventage in the end

In the match, he played those first rallies like the way he usually play last rallies in other matchs. So what happen in the next 2 sets can predict.

20. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Momota has great skills but when SYQ is at his best he can destroy anyone so no wonder we saw SYQ moping the floor with Momota at WTf Finals