TOTAL BWF World Championships 2019 : R/64 - Quarterfinal (19-23 August)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    UPSET after UPSET !

twawawau likes this.
  2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wow, another upset, Lamsfuss/Seidl knocked out Endo/Watanabe !

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Sounds like Lamsfuss/Seidel won :D

4. wade

wade Regular Member

Li/liu going all the way to the final again.

5. minions

minions Regular Member

Not every minions fans are like that. I am also a fans of minions. But, I am not delusional.

Their loss today really break my heart. Makes me wonder about their unlucky fate in big tournaments.

Your last point is really sad. They will be bullied in the future.

Also, I am curious about one thing. If one player performs bad on regular tours, but win a medal in WC/OG, will you put this player on the same page as the legends?

Anks likes this.
  6. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Exactly...Im sure no player in the world would wanna win 10000000 tittles than 1 OG or WC Medal

twawawau likes this.
  7. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Maybe if we don't mention about how the minions are losing and just talk about how they are playing? Minions do understand how the sport of badminton is played, right?

I mean, most will agree that Kevin has developed from a front court player into an all-rounder, while Marcus is still more comfortable smashing from the back -- this puts them at a disadvantage against MD like the Koreans who play side-by-side like traditional MDs vs the front-back MDs who play like XDs.

So while Kevin has to run around ''protecting'' Marcus' lack of mobility while the Koreans are rotating like nobody's business -- coupled with the Koreans being a left+right hand combo, this makes it hard for the minions to find any space to attack. Drop-shots and attacks down the middle worked wonders but weren't used enough.

I wonder if the minions are so precious that their coaches aren't coaching/ training them hard enough?

twawawau and skhai91 like this.
  8. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

@Yoji just stop it man, I know you're disappointed that minions lost but stop it. sometimes you just make dumb post, remember what you said on the other thread before that kevin is already better than hendra ? stop it.

9. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    wow Lamsfuss / Seidel won it.
    After losing 3 matchpoints they made it 21:19!

I really think both guys have it in them to be top players but lack the match training. With match training I mean match practice with other top 10 players to be used to play this speed etc for many matches. Just watch the MX of Lamsfuss (with Hettrich) against World Number 1 Zheng/Huang, they also won a set and played great throughout one and a half sets. They can play this level for a set or even a match like in the MD now but I fear they can't bring this level for contious top opponents.

10. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

Rouxel on Adidas? what's that he's using...uberschall racket?

edit: nvm looks to be ax99 lol poor adidas...nice looking shoes though too bad it's insanely expensive here

#650 It'sMeMeMe, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

God damn. First time I actually have to mute a badminton stream. Couldnt take it anymore after "He played a good net" what felt like the 100th "Row-ksel".
    Good MS match though. Two very offensive-minded players, good pace.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For Asians, the Asian Games is a major as it is the Asian Olympics and considering about 90 percent of the world's top 10 players are from Asia, it's competitive strength is the near equivalent of the WC/OG, unlike the other continental or regional championships.

13. wade

wade Regular Member

Court 2 ?

14. Anks

Anks Regular Member

To your first point Im greatful that I have found one sensible minion fan and I respect you bro for that

To your Last point about a player who performs bad at SS level but great at WC/OG then Yes I would consider that player a legend for at least that player has Risen his country's flag and bro To raise one country's flag is the biggest achievement for any player and to even reach that level is very hard given the stature of these compitions.

I would advise you to look at the wiki page of Badminton OG medalists and you will see the names of only those who won and their names will be remembered but there were so many in those times who we have forgotten because no one remembers those who are not consistent at the biggest level.

Its a true fact that People watch the biggest tourbaments even those who dont watch badminton watch it when its OG or WC so Yes For me Any OG and WC Medalist is a mark for a super fine player and if someone has won Multiple of them like LCW,PG,LD then they are TRULY LEGENDS.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's more a nerve problem than lack of training if you ask me. Nothing of the coach or team can do about it.

twawawau and wade like this.
  16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Several off topic posts deleted

Mod

wade likes this.
  17. wade

wade Regular Member

It's happen time and time again sadly.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It took you this long?? o_O

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

There's several editions where that isnt true. If a tournament is only important with the right context (i.e. if THAT year the vast majority of Top20 players were allowed to compete), it's not a real major. Counting tradition, the three majors are OG, WC, AE, in descending order of importance. Part of the reason why the OG is so important is not only the fact that the rarity increases the pressure on the players, but also that it's one of the few events where theres more than a couple of people outside of Asia watching, giving the opportunity to reach new audiences and maybe catch someone's interest.

This WC, for example, gets some more people I know to follow the results than a regular world tour tournament, but not even close to the same number as the OG - those, almost everyone in my club follows and/or watches.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thomas Rouxel is not to be taken lightly, by no means.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.