We need some help from the badminton community!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Gian Chang, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Gian Chang

Gian Chang New Member

Hey everybody!

All of us here are on this forum because we love badminton and everything about it.

But, as players, we seem to be at a massive disadvantage online.

When looking for badminton tailored workouts, footwork drills or strategies, there's a huge gap in the internet where it should be.

Look at a sport like football! (Or soccer if you're American). Just from a simple Google search you'll be able to find mountains of websites explaining various football workouts, drills and strategies you can work on to up your game.

But there's almost nothing like that for badminton.

To solve this, we are currently developing an eBook with a former Malaysian national player (we won't reveal who quite yet!)

This eBook will contain:
    - Badminton tailored workouts (With weekly workout plans)...
    - Badminton footwork drills...
    - Handy checklists so you can self-assess your own level of play...
    And much more!

But, before we can start finalising our eBook, we need some help from you guys, the badminton community!
    It would really help us out if you could answer a few of our questions in the Google form so we can develop our product just the way you want it!

Thank you guys in advance!

LINK: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...On_h2GPH3chWg6Y09q9r45ww/viewform?usp=sf_link

Souravius234 and Cheung like this.
  2. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I believe Youtube already provides dozens of tips for almost everything about badminton. E-book maybe a good idea but personally, I prefer video tutorials. In my opinion, book-like forms of source of info nowadays is almost as good as just for material catalogues

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    I agree.

When I was in HK last time I saw this amazing book about tennis. It was specifically about the muscles, and which muscles you use on what shot and how the muscles moves, and how you get power and where the strength comes from in different shots. It had these black and white sketches of the body with various parts colored to illustrate various things. It seemed to really break down, from a scientific standpoint, all the body parts involved. It looked really interesting but was all in traditional Chinese characters, which I can't read, and it was for tennis. (And was so specific it wouldn;t transfer to badminton at all.) I would love a book like that for badminton, and I'd gladly take it with simplified chinese but of course English would be better. Hahah.

Souravius234 likes this.