Duora z strike not delivering

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Hc0797, May 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

Hey guys!
    I've been my z strike for a while now and I was using a AX 99 and zf2(both4u) combo before, I can't really feel any power while using the z strike not sure why..its a bg65 ti at 26lbs and plastic birdies... please help me out..I was expecting more..

2. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

What's your skill level?

3. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

Been playing for 5 years... intermediate player

4. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

5 years, that's good. Any training? Or just with friends/club?
    Well for one, plastic birdies don't give you good feel. Did you have lots of power with ax99 and voltric zf2? Did you string at 26lbs for those rackets? These are all stiff shaft pro rackets. Small sweet spot, especially with higher tensions. It's not unusual to find that you're not getting as much power. When you improve your technique and strength, the power will come.

5. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

Just friends, Maybe you're right, I was using my zf2 with bg66um at 24lbs and the smashes were just mind blowing, guess I'll have to lower tension...

6. BThane

BThane Regular Member

The z strike is stiffer and less head heavy than the other two racquets, so I'd expect it to deliver less power.

7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

It's much harder to generate power from dzs than ax99 or zf2 since it's stiffer and also more even balanced. For the other two you were also using 4U, so basically you just don't have the skill level to use dzs well.

8. holytoa

holytoa Regular Member

many can't just seems to admit that they aren't good players. everyone says intermediate when they been playing for awhile. skill level doesn't play a part to them, just years of experience. IMO, intermediate will be able to win some local comps.

playing with friends won't be able to improve, eventually you know their gameplay and just foresees everything.

and to answer your question, 66um compared to 65ti is totally different strings. being it medium feeling and hard feeling. performance wise i always prefer 66um over any other strings.

try changing to 66um at 26lbs, it should feel alot better and definitely more power

yenyesoh likes this.
  9. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

I agree, people have ego issues...but I truly m a good player, movement is bad due to my obesity but racquet handling is fine, I've gotten better over the years...also, do you think I should try the duora 10 instead?
    gree

10. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

Should I change to duora 10 ?

11. llrr

llrr Regular Member

D10 will be far easier to use that's for sure

12. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    You were expecting what exactly? That DZS magically endows you with Viktor Axelsen skills as soon as you purchase it? Every smash would atleast cross 350kmph? :p

I mean no offense but you'd never say you can't feel any power. Timing issues? Sure. Adjustment issues? Sure. Anyone who is 'good' hits really hard no matter the racket. They tend to complain about other compatibility issues.

Maybe it is that. Give it more time to adjust and the issues will sort themselves out. If they don't, switch to a more flexible racket with a bigger sweetspot.

13. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

Duora 10?
    uora

14. adrd2

adrd2 Regular Member

student
    This is a very hard racket to use. 3u, head heavy, extra stiff. You used the z force 2 but you said you had the 4U version. And Astrox 99 is easier than this racket. No real shame in struggling to use it, I think even a lot of advanced players would struggle or definitely be able to get more out of a different racket.

I feel like these sort of rackets are designed for pros. Especially since you're using plastics, the racket is probably wasted. There's a lot of high end rackets that are suited for the casual player e.g Arcsaber 11 or something. You might be hitting hard with the zf2, but I bet you'll hit even harder with a bit more flex in the racket, with stuff like zf2 or duora there's literally nothing. And given especially you're using plastics with it, there's a high chance you could pick up injuries with these rackets. The pros use these rackets knowing it might strain their bodies but have exercises/fitness regimes to recuperate after using them too.

Short fix would be decrease tension, which will increase the sweet spot. Tinkering with the grip might help, a thicker grip with this racket might make it easier to use if you aren't using that already, Viktor Axelson who uses this racket uses a towel grip over the original grip and puts a bit of grip tape at the bottom.

Out of interest though why did you change off the Astrox 99 and ZF2 rackets in the first place? They aren't exactly old rackets, especially astrox 99. What did you think the duora z strike would give?

15. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

Well, I have always suffered from shoulder pain using the zf2 and ax99,now after using the z strike for a while, I feel less Powerful but more satisfied, I have better control over the shuttle and the shoulder pain has gone, this is why I'm now more inclined towards even balance racquets, I also have a karakal bn60ff the thing is too light and defense is amazing but it feels very weird while hitting and I use it very rarely now, the pain is the main reason I stopped using head heavy racquets, duora even though 3u doesn't give me any pain or discomfort but I've observed that my smashes aren't as powerful and the opponents manage to divert the shot to the exact opposite site unlike before when lifting my smash wasn't easy for them, I got my duora strung bg65to at 26lbs, now I think I'll restring with bg66um at 24..zf2 proved very powerful with this configuration...I hope z strike does too!
    l

16. movingbase

movingbase Regular Member

FWIW, I think it's the right move for lowering the tension of your z strike.
    Let us know how do you feel about the racket after stringing it at 24lbs

HPSauce1989 likes this.