Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, it's been reported they are an item but the blogger who first made it known on his blogpost has since taken it down.

However, as the couple hasn't come out to deny it, we can assume it's true. I first read it here http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2019-04-18/doc-ihvhiewr6857906.shtml

The reporter speculated they probably started their relationship in recent months based on the fact that Qiao Bin was last noticed on Jan 2nd 2019 clicking 'like' to one of Li Xuerui's social media posts on wechat dated sometime in 2017 August. That post of LXR's shown a picture of LXR taking a stroll with her mother one year after her surgery for her knee injury sustained at the Rio'16 Olympics.
    [​IMG]
    On that post, LXR had written:" First thing in the morning, Mama posted on group chat...whatever you encountered good or bad...parents are always the ones who care most about you...love them dearly...love yourself...this day last year...8.29(Aug 29th) surgical operation...a year already."

By the way, the article also mentioned that, a few days ago, the National Administration of Sports announcement <The 2019 Outstanding Athletes and Coaching personnel list of exemption from Examination for the Masters Degree Postgraduates> has Qiao Bin's name in the list. He will be studying for a masters degree in sports from Beijing Sport University without examination, which also included four who are Olympic champions like Xiang Yanmei (weightlifting), Liu Shiwen (table tennis), Liu Huixia (diving), and Wang Hao (diving), among many others (at least 10 other names mentioned from various sports of which I noticed Hong Wei (badminton) in it.

I forgot to mention that Li Xuerui, actually age 28 now, born ,24th Jan 1991, is a little more than a year older than Qiao Bin,26, born 17th Nov 1992. Their respective heights not stated in the article.

#1301 Justin L, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    decrepit and visor like this.
  2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Good job, Qiao Bin.

3. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

4. minions

minions Regular Member

And also more accomplished.;)

5. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

And is also younger? Just kidding. Congrats to them :D

Just watched some highlights pre-injury and I gotta say imo Li Xuerui has the most smoove footwork I've seen in WS. Hands down.

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

I have to disagree with the footwork thing.

Disagreeing with diverse opinions is not my taste , generally..

But that footwork is as laborious as they come.

7. wade

wade Regular Member

8. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

One of the most promising players but injury cut short her career. Won OG 2012 at young age of 21, two WC silvers and numerous other SS/SSP titles. I remember when I first started watching badminton, three Wangs were dominating and Li Xuerui came out of nowhere to stamp her authority. WS would have been more exciting if she could compete post Rio without injury and peak fitness. Good Luck Li Xuerui for your future endeavours.

nilesh123 likes this.
  9. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

Nooooooo ...

:(:(:(

10. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    saw this coming months ago...

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Finally, the harsh reality. All the best to Li Xuerui in her future endeavours.

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Hard to be in Chinese team. Too many competitors.

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Heartbreaking :( wonder if she was representing any other nation would she try for Atleast another year?
    Harsh, fairytales don't happen in real life. Still deserves all the respect for going on and on, fighting, delaying the inevitable.
    And we all know millions would kill to get a career like hers, stellar albeit short.

stanleyfm, samkool, s_mair and 3 others like this.
  14. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

well, its abt time. Maybe she got too emotional when she lost to pv cos she's seriously think abt retirement at that moment. Her last victory and losing match are both against sayaka

she was very dominating before. After injured, maybe she have more lost than win. But total she only has 79 loss out of 409 matchs in her singles career. Winning percent is 80,68%

stanleyfm, Justin L and Cheung like this.
  15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The the final reason for going into retirement might not even be on court. Maybe it's just about time for her to start planning and building a family. I wouldn't be surprised a wee bit if there were a lot happier news to follow very soon. :)

All we can do is wishing her all the best for the future and be grateful for a lot of great matches that she brought us over the years.

#1315 s_mair, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    stanleyfm, Desireless, kwun and 3 others like this.
  16. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Best of luck for her future endeavour. She came , ruled and Retiring now with dignity. Hoping to see her in Coaching bench soon. Take care Li xuerui.

Desireless likes this.
  17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hmm...it's publicly known she and Qiao Bin are an item (marriage on the cards?).

Also, I recall her childhood ambition was to be a teacher, so I think there's a high possibility she might take up coaching as a profession. CBA, any offer? She is good as a hands-on coach who can also spar with any of her charges at a high level while imparting her knowledge and skills as well as sharing her valuable experience.

Desireless likes this.
  18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Sad to see her retire but it is one of those inevitables. LXR has been one of my favorite players, quiet, polite, smart, humble, with grace and incredible speed and skills on court. when she is on fire, she is completely invincible.

She will be missed and hope her the best to whatever she decided to do after retirement.

Justin L and Desireless like this.
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2019-10-19/doc-iicezzrr3406193.shtml
    Li Xuerui may have just announced her retirement from professional badminton but she is not hanging up her racquet for good yet.

She is representing the People's Liberation Army to win glory for the nation at the ongoing 7th CISM Military World Games, held in Wuhan, China, from 18th to 27th October 2019. She will play women's singles and mixed doubles.
    The website for the Games https://en.wuhan2019mwg.cn/.
    The schedule for badminton https://results.wuhan2019mwg.cn/index.htm#/sport/schedule?sportcode=bdm - 21st Oct, Monday, to 26th Oct,Saturday.

Besides Li Xuerui, I also noticed Li Yun and Zhang Yiman are participating in WS, and Zhang Nan in XD partnering Li Xuerui. No idea about the other disciplines.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

decrepit, samkool, s_mair and 2 others like this.