Singapore Open 2019, April 9-14

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by Loh, Feb 28, 2019.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Haha You know whenever he does that he will only add Momota's thread pages but none to Nishimoto right? :D

2. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

on the link Youtube that i posted on page 84, there is a match between Li Junhui/Zheng Siwei vs Kamura/Sonoda.

If you want to see Zheng Siwei playing men's double, watch it.

#1682 terrynguyen121988, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    ebcd likes this.
  3. terrynguyen121988

Clearly: no Baddy, no party ^-^.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Li Yinhui is a female player.
    Did you mean Li Junhui?

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  5. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

wait, what?
    but Li Yinhui plays WD and XD

although I have to give it to you, she looks boyish :p:p

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Japan's Kento Momota wins Singapore Open badminton title
    https://www.mid-day.com/articles/japans-kento-momota-wins-singapore-open-badminton-title/20747152

Updated: Apr 15, 2019, 10:50 IST | AFP

The world champion struggled to contain his powerful Indonesian opponent, who was finding both corners of the court in the first half of the match

[​IMG]
    Kento Momota

Japan's Kento Momota withstood a barrage of smashes from Indonesia's Anthony Sinisuka Ginting to rally for a thrilling 10-21 21-19 21-13 victory Sunday in the Singapore Open final. The world champion struggled to contain his powerful Indonesian opponent, who was finding both corners of the court in the first half of the match.

But the top seed dug deep to fight back from 16-11 behind in the second game to force a decider. Momota trailed again in the last game as Ginting sought a third straight upset win in as many days. But the left-hander used a combination of improvisation and guile to craft a run of 13 points in 14 to seal a stunning victory with a disguised drop shot on his first match point.

"I felt my opponent played better than me today but I was able to capitalise when he got tired," Momota, who also won the Singapore title in 2015, told reporters. "He tried to push a little too hard in the second game but I kept telling myself to stay patient and never give up.

In the women's singles final, Tai Tzu-ying claimed her second Singapore Open title with a 21-19 21-15 victory over Japan's Nozomi Okuhara.

The Taiwanese world number one backed up last week's Malaysia Open triumph with a display full of speed, skill and spontaneity to outfox the world number three in 40 minutes. The result improved her head-to-head record against the energetic Okuhara to 5-4. The match soon settled into a rhythm with Tai using deft drop shots and disguised smashes to keep Okuhara moving, while her opponent went high and long in an attempt to pin the top seed to the back of the court. There was little to separate them in the early exchanges but Tai managed to string together runs of points in the later stages of both games to pull clear, the 24-year-old completing the win with a crosscourt smash.

"Okuhara is a good opponent, she's very durable, so I was prepared for a long match," Tai said. "I am playing well right now but it's important to stay injury-free with the Tokyo Olympics coming up next year."

In other finals, Thailand's Dechapol Puavaranukroh and Sapsiree Taerattanachai eased to a 21-14 21-6 victory over Malaysia's Tan Kian Meng and Lai Pei Jing in the mixed doubles.

Japan's Mayu Matsumoto and Wakana Nagahara beat South Korea's Kim Hye-jeong and Kong Hee-yong 21-17 22-20 in the women's doubles.

There was further success for Japan in the men's doubles as Takeshi Kamura and Keigo Sonoda outlasted Indonesia's Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Setiawan 21-13 19-21 21-17.

7. terrynguyen121988

OMG, my big mistake, this was Li Junhui, not Li Yinhui. Sorry, their first name and last name was quite similar.

8. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Men often are. :)

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Master class control from momota and tty. Tan kim her happy man.

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Tan Kim Her is doubles coach.

11. terrynguyen121988

No, it's not.

I somehow think that Shi Yuqi is the person that Ginting must win because head-to-head between Ginting and Shi Yuqi is 6-0.

If Ginting cannot win Shi Yuqi at Asia Championship next week, I think it can be a mental blockage in future.