Singapore Open 2019, April 9-14

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by Loh, Feb 28, 2019.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I just spoke to the organiser Robert Lim and asked him why LD s match was on court 4. He said LD s match was in the queue and it so happened court 4 was the next available. He said Momota s match was also on court 4 and Momota is WR1. ( I'm not sure of LD s rank now.) Maybe that s why Momota almost lost? Because he didn't get court 1 treatment?
    I'm wondering what do you call champions who can only perform when they are on court 1?

2. minions

minions Regular Member

Shouldn't the organizers have more flexibility to put the match in particular court. If the matches haven't been assigned to the court, the match queue can be changed. I mean there are more than one matches that happen at the same time.

I think it's just about the player's personality. Being played in another court doesn't take away the players' ability.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LD fans are a small minority in SGP but with regular exposure to his irregular behaviour on court, the crowd do not expect much performance from him.
    Did you say LD fans pay the organisers to make sure LD play? Clear up your head. No organiser is beholden to any LD fan. If you don't want to be upset next year, you LD fans make sure he does not sign up for Singapore Open. Can you guarantee that?

Baddyforall likes this.
  4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

5. wade

wade Regular Member

Go ginting!

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

The players need to play wherever they are assigned to play. I think Lindan's strategy was registering both Malaysia open and Singapore open. If he did not play well in Malaysia, he may play Singapore. But the thing is he did play well to take the title. So, instead of withdrawing which will give you fine, he chose to attend the round 1 and retire from there. As we know, it would be extremely difficult for a 37 year old to continue playing.

For momota's case, Sai praneeth is not an easy player to play against. He was this much good before but after that he became a lazy player for many many years. Now, again since Olympics qualification is going to start, he wanted to improve his physical strength in order to play well and grab the second MS quota.
    No wonder in that scoreline . Unfortunately, he was in losing side.

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well if you get to talk to the organizer yourself then I guess you should tell the organiser that some of us think he is doing a very poor job. But I guess he wouldn't care much as long as the tickets are sold out.

It's not really about special treatment to the players. Players can still lose even though they play on court 1. There are outsourced live streaming for court 1 and court 2 since no one in Singapore Open had thought about doing so (and most other tournaments excepts for lower tier tournaments or Malaysia). So when WR1 or any other top seeds (Momota WR1 and minions WR1 ) played on court 4 while unseeded players played on court 1 or 2 of course we were upset too. CAN'T the organizer do something about that? Maybe if they really want exposure for their tournament, they should consider any of those before planning the courts appointment?
    But, repeat, I guess he wouldn't care much as long as the tickets are sold out.

Well people pay the tickets (money to the organizers or to the sponsors whomever) don't they, not to LD's pocket? If they want to be upset, they should be upset with whom they are paying the money for. Not the line judges. Well you should tell those fans who had paid for the ticket to make sure of LD's absence next year or you could put somewhere on the SG campaign that "no guarantee LD would play, please buy the tickets at your own risk".

8. wade

wade Regular Member

Ginting are playing well.

9. wade

wade Regular Member

Ginting took the 1st game 21-10. please keep it up ginting.

yuquall likes this.
  10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

The organizer holds everything there is for the match allocation.
    Maybe because MO last week had done a very good job in organising and making their matches available globally that we felt this tournaments in comparison... lacking?

Gondo/Kurihara vs Tan/Lai on court 2 instead of Zheng/Huang vs Jordan/Oktavianti on court 3.. really?

11. wade

wade Regular Member

Amazing net shot by ginting.

12. wade

wade Regular Member

No hope for praveen/melati smh.

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Need human touch. Bunch of robots. I shd be sba president. Lol
    Big games shd play later and main court to maximise euro n office viewers.
    Saina n kashyap playing same time. Shd delay a bit n let kashyap coach. No brainer lah. Remember the stomach ache incident? No sportsmanship. He shd gave quit so or just withdraw citing tired or injury. No respect again. Idiot. I think maybe his mistress not coming... thats why he frustrated and quit. Lolx

14. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Huh?

15. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Yah, we already suspected it that LD could get ct 4. Very disappointed with the way the organiser organise this event, players who play in the afternoon/night have no idea which court theyre going to play on and us viewers can't arrange time to watch..
    Could you ask Mr. Lim to make it better next year?
    Well, theres advantage playing on ct 1 (hawk eye for example)..

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Frankly, LD is a nuisance. He should not sign up for Singapore Open and that would open up the opportunity to another MS.
    We were so conditioned by LD s past behaviour in SO we were wondering how many minutes he would be on court. Good riddance.

17. wade

wade Regular Member

Clever push by ginting.

18. wade

wade Regular Member

Ginting won!

19. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Everyone knows lah that coaches had asked her to not 'scold' him while playing. As for the source i forgot it was a couple years ago prolly detikdotcom or kompasdotcom.. why don't you look it up yourself?

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Good for you. I am so glad it worked out so well for you. But next time when the organisers sell the tickets, make sure to put that somewhere visible so the buyers could read what they are getting into before they buy it.

Justin L likes this.