Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Not a bad draw for INA or for Minions.. its almost like a confirmed spot in SF, just because some player in different quadrant, dont mean he/she will reach SF.

I think its another desperate draw for LiuZhang. If its not seed 1 its v seed 2, its desperate.

2. minions

minions Regular Member

The MD draw in Singapore Open is the most random one that I have ever seen. There is no better draw than this one. Can't believe me? Here is the proof why the draw is the best one.

• Two all INA MD matches will happen in R1. There is a possibility of 3 all INA MD matches if Angga/Ricky pass the qualification.
    • Fajar/Rian has the easiest path, technically and theoretically. 3 qualification pairs are drawn with them for one QF spot.
    • Three Malaysian pairs will face the CHN pairs. The other one will meet the KOR MD legend.
    • JPN MDs are drawn into the same half.
    • Once again, Li/Liu will face their compatriot in R1.

3. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    That's what I said, at least 2 possible spots in SF for INA. ofc they need to win first.

Is this also debut tournament for Mads/Mogensen, or they will play first in India/Malaysia?

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Hmm.. 3 Qualifiers in one quarter, 3 CHN pairs in one quarter.
    Most intriguing pair would be Kolding/Mogensenn. Kind of curious to see how they would do together.

Hope minions won't choke this time like they did last time after a long break.:cool:

My mistake, I forgot they would play in Malaysia Open the week before lol. So it won't be after that long a break.

#3224 yuquall, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    twawawau likes this.
  5. Master

Master Regular Member

Minions are drawn in the same quarter with Fajar/Rian.... again in Singapore Open... :(

For me, I concern more about Malaysia Open's tricky opening match against the new scratch TPE pair, Lee Yang/Wang Chi-lin. I predicted that Lee/Wang will be the champion at Orleans Master this Sunday.

6. minions

minions Regular Member

Lee/Wang have been playing non stop since Spain Masters. Wonder if they have enough stamina against minions or not. But, one thing for sure, they inherit CTC's work-like-horse.:D

7. Master

Master Regular Member

Even they had to play India Open next week, plus Malaysia Open in the following week...

That's the way they will meet Minions in the opening round of Malaysia Open. :D Kind of an advantage for Minions surely. Minions meet new scratch pair isn't worrying too much for Minions, but their recent form which makes me a bit fast 'n' furious heart beating (especially when they makes batch of unforced errors).

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Ladies and Gentlemen, please stay on topic here.

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Can't wait for Malaysia Open to begin.
    i think Lee/Wang shouldn't pose that much threat if minions could play their usual game. But honestly they might be a bit tricky since this is quite a recent pair though the players are pretty much experienced.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Missing minions (Kevin) so much that I looked up some video practice. Look at what happened to our beloved Kevin.:D:D:D
    The MD playing 3 on 3 for practice. It started after the XD session.

wade likes this.
  11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I suppose the venue of Malaysia Open will be the same as Malaysia Masters early this year?

Minions haven't won either Malaysia Open (since it has chanced to Super 750 and they lost last year) or Singapore Open, so it would be nice if they could nail them both this year :D Or if I had to choose personally I would rather them win Malaysia Open this year as they have already bagged 2 Super 500 titles this year.

Looking at the draw next week, they will face either Inoue/Kaneko or Ivanov/Sovonov in R2. As long as minions play like their usual game and no fooling around, they should get through and probably face Fajar/Rian in QF. This could be an interesting encounter after their last one in Indonesia Master. As for in semifinal, in the other quarter final: Kamura/Sonoda vs Goh/Tan, Han/Zhou vs Ong/Teo might be in place.
    Those are only prediction according to rankings.
    In the other half, it's even harder to predict anything. IF (a big IF that is) Liu Cheng could be in better form like he did in early AE, I could see Liu/Zhang easily through to SF. That leaves Ahsan/Hendra and Li/Liu in the other quarter, which of them will make it.

Too many upsets happening in MD matches, but wishing minions all the best as always:):). And LC not to mess up too much:cool:

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Wouldnt care so much whether they win MO/SO. They already won in Kuching Malaysia and that will have felt much better than the next MO and SO combined.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

For you, that is.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I am just so bored lol

15. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

Hahahahaha minions withdawal syndrome ~ 5 more days to go

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well, Lee and Wang make a strong combination and what's amazing is that their fuel tank seems to never run even half-empty after so many tournaments they played in. Stamina wouldn't be an issue for them playing in Malaysia Open.

Minions'd better have their engine started and running in R1 when they play Lee/Wang.

17. minions

minions Regular Member

True. They already lost early in AE. Losing another early exit is totally unacceptable for them.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Its unacceptable but its possible, not because LeeWang is good. Its just the nature of MenDouble.

You want to be famous, gotta accept the responsibility to go to SF/F all the time.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

LeeWang actually are good though. Not WR#1 good (yet), so the minions should really still win, but they're definitely good, both as players and as a pair.

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I watched how Gideon carried dead tired Kevin in MalaysiaOpen2017Final especially in G3, after they won IndiaOpen i believe, Gideon is just bundle of energy, he doesnt look like he is tired. His smashes just unstoppable. His fighting spirit after every point is just wow.

I think in future Kevin gotta carry Gideon more.