Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    I agree that it is exciting times for Chinese badminton. They are participating in 2-3 tournaments per week in the next few months, even in faraway venues like NZL and Europe.

Pity that Ren Pengbo, Sun Feixiang, Li Shifeng etc are not in the current China Masters. Would have been interesting to see them too but they will be playing in France and Poland in the next two weeks.

All the Chinese finalists in this tournament are technically not juniors though. None of them are eligible for this year WJC or AJC. If you compare this to last year edition, where there were 4 WJC-eligible juniors in the finals. Nevertheless, I think it is hugely encouraging and refreshing to see young players given the opportunities and breaking through.

We will be saying Lin Guiwho soon. Well done to Zhang Jun.

2. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    I agree that Z. Jun is probably responsible for the exposure overseas but coaching takes at least 1-3 years to work.Whats so noticeable is the transition to a more attacking style that the juniors have shown. Here I mean those players that are not in the National Team. I Think THW, Hy, ZZ and ZJP were a result of the CL style which depended more on the oppositions mistakes. I add Bai Yupeng into that list. I am not saying that the CL style has no strengths. Even Shi Yuqi was brought up on that style but he has injected speed, power and deception into his game. But noticeable that even the 4 mentioned above have improved and changed their style of play. This can only be due to very good coaching over a period. Maybe its the new coach who came on after Xia Xuanze. If so my congratulations. I am not saying China is going to produce world champions now. I am very happy that they are on the right track. it will bring more excitement to badminton, except for one female commentator who used to bemoan the fact that China was too dominant.

ainchekar likes this.
  3. antssantss

Retired
    Wow. Weng Hongyang demolished Liu Haicho 21-7 21-7 to win the Lingshui Masters. I am glad I have got a new player to watch now. I thought that LH was fast with great talent but WH outclassed him with his speed and racquet skills. Based on the matches I saw last year he was mediocre and prone to rush his shots making numerous errors. As I said earlier there is an outstanding coach polishing up their skills very very well. What a makeover.

#2223 antssantss, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  4. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    LH was totally out of the match from the start I suspect he was not well.

5. antssantss

Retired
    I think you are right. There was one point he was bending over for a while. Well we shall see as they will be taking part in the Osaka tournament.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the info or observation,I missed the earlier part and only started watching from the latter half of G2. Based on the score, should've suspected something wrong with Liu Haichao.

In the match, from the little I've seen, Liu HC wasn't moving well, retrieving poorly, and I originally thought it could be accumulated fatigue taking its toll. But come to think of it, his fitness wasn't that bad in the previous matches I've seen of him, the more so, especially, in the past tournaments, particularly, the one he captured in Europe as in the Scottish Open last November.

Anyway, Weng Hongyang impressed me, the way he played Lakshya Sen yesterday.

7. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Hope to see improvement from he binjiao,gao fanjie,han yue,cai yaiyan,chen xiaoxin as chen yu fei

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For Gao Fangjie, unfortunately, we may have to wait until year end t come back from injury layoff, a long road ahead for her.

9. antssantss

Retired
    CBA is sending out their juniors to rake up ranking points in addition to gaining experience. A good move.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Why is Wang/Huang playing in so few tournaments? I have only seen them in All England so far and I don't see them in Singapore Open either.

11. minions

minions Regular Member

They are registered in India Open.

yuquall likes this.
  12. antssantss

Retired
    Surprised that Li Shifeng beat Ren Pengbo at The Orleans Masters. He has improved. Always happy that a younger junior wins over an older one. It shows progress. Well done LS.

Justin L likes this.
  13. antssantss

Retired
    Livestream as well as livescore of the North Harbour International Tournament is being shown in Youtube Badminton . Well Done New Zealand!!

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Li Shifeng has possible scenario to meet his nemesis Kunlavut Vitidsarn in quarters, interesting match to follow whether he could pass The Thai talent this time.

antssantss likes this.
  15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Lin Guipu? Looks like he needs to convince CBA hardly whether he really deserved to re-enter the national training centre. So many up and coming MS players in CHN team despite they're practically still not make significant breakthrough yet.

16. antssantss

Retired
    I am afraid Lin Guipu is Passe. Its an uphill task and it took too long.

17. antssantss

Retired
    June Wei Cheam beat Lu Guangzu in straight games at the Tong Yun Cai cup. Weng Hongyang had beaten June in 3 games at the Lingshui Masters last week. Interesting!

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm taken aback, Li Shifeng ousted Ren Pengbo (perhaps his injury at the AE forced him to take a short break from training, thus affecting his form temporarily). Let's see how far LSF can go in the tournament, a possible meeting with WJC Kunlavut awaits him in the QFs, if they pass R2 today.

OTOH, Sun Feixiang is a disappointment, stopped by Thomas Rouxel in three games.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lu Guangzu let the team down. Fortunately, CHN still prevailed 3-2.

The Tong Yun Kai Cup is the Asian Team Championships and based on the Sudirman Cup format. Surprisingly, the turnout is underwhelming, most of the participating nations sent only their B-Team. Perhaps, a crowded tournament schedule contributed to it, coming just after the four European tour tournaments, including the highly prestigious All England; I supposed the majority of the top players could use a break in view of the upcoming tournaments and the start of the OG cycle next month end.

20. antssantss

Retired
    Sun Feixiang hasn't been progressing since the AJC. He seems to be at a crossroad and doesnt know how to get out of it.
    Just saw Weng Hongyang's matches against Z. Zeqi and Bai Yupeng in the CBSL. He lost both narrowly in 3 games. He didn't look as polished as in the Lingshui masters and not as strong.