Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. WS_00

WS_00 Regular Member

U need to pm him for the price.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

I saw his post on Facebook at 1200rm :(

3. WS_00

WS_00 Regular Member

That is the retail price. Actual will be cheaper . try PM him. No harm to ask .

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Dezlets likes this.
  4. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

I just saw your pic, the ES ver has a BP of 300mm dry? Would this be too heavy (both weight and balance wise) for doubles?

5. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I supposed that's the dry measurement. Actually I was kind of intimidated when I received the racket and read the specs. I've never used an extra stiff racket with a dry weight of 90g and a BP of 300. Well, that's according to their specs although I remember andhika said before that Mizuno rackets have a tad lighter measurements compared to Yonex rackets.

Surprisingly though, in the few sessions I tried it so far, for me it felt almost like the N9II, a tad more solid but equally fast enough for doubles. I I just felt that the early demise of the string kind of spoiled the racket break-in. I would be testing it more once I re-strung it with a Gosen GT5 at 25:)

Okaharu likes this.
  6. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Thanks for the reassurance :) Equally as fast as the n9ii with these specs? I'll get prepped to be blown away!

7. badmintony

My pleasure, for whatever worth are my views about this racket Take my words though with a grain of salt, as always the case with any given opinions As far as I can tell you so far, I find this jpx somewhat comparable with the N9II but I've played with the jpx for a limited time yet.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

Have both the n9ii and jpx Ltd. I would say the jpx is quite bit faster then the n9ii. Can definitely feel the difference when swinging. Shaft is stiff on the jpx and overall jpx feels much lighter compared to n9ii. Might be close to the n7ii, being a while since I took my n7ii to the court so can't rmb that well. But the jpx is definitely faster compared to both the n7ii n n9ii.

9. badmintony

Is your jpx the 1st release, the 87g dry weight/stiff shaft? Okaharu was asking about the 90g dw/extra stiff shaft version.

10. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

Ah sorry my bad! Didn't realised u guys are talking about the new one! Yes I m referring to the first. How does the new one compared to the old? 90g extra stiff reminds me of the zf2 and tk9000

11. sy0182003

sy0182003 Regular Member

Customer Service
    @pizzaboi Could you PM me where I can get these Muzuno rackets in Hong Kong, or places nearest Hong Kong? Thanks!

12. Kusano

Kusano New Member

Hi, if anyone knows,I too,would like to know the places to get mizuno rackets in Hong Kong, since I know some people visiting there right now. Could I please also get some recommendations via PM?

Thanks

13. badmintony

On my part I can't compare between the S and ES versions as I only have the ES one. And I've used the racket for only a few sessions before I had to get rid of the BG80P string. But my initial impressions are good so far. Despite the 90g /ES /300 BP specs I can swing it quite as comfortably as my N9II and arm friendly for me as well. I kind of like the tad more solid feel of it compared to N9II. I like how it could bail me out most of the time from tough spots in a game.

14. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    I have been super busy with my work for the last 1 month. I may miss few questions but I will comment some for now.
    In case, you still want my view, you can always post it again here.

Ah yes, happy holidays!

After few sessions with XYST2 and CAL500. I have to say, I like CAL500 more!

XYST2 is stiff but the head isn't heavy, even balance. Oh yes, it's repulsion is super good. It just, I feel more satisfied when I'm using LTD compared to XYST2. In general, a slight head-heavier frame is my preference. CAL500 is faster than XYST2, CAL500 is a little bit more flexible than XYST2.

XYST2 paint quality is bad! Yes, really bad. I have many paint chips already with only few games. No clash.
    I was about to buy more XYST2, but knowing this fact, I rather wait for JPX 8.1pro. If you really care about paint quality, then you should consider this fact before you buy XYST2. But if you like even balance, stiff racket, great repulsion, XYST2 is super good.

String is a personal preference.
    I'm now using BG66 Force with 29lbs (2knots) at the moment and I do feel my shot is having a better control compared with 27lbs.

15. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

ouch.... there goes xyst down the drain....i don't tolerate bad paint quality...
    hmmm calibar 500 better than xyst02 eh?hmmm time to look around for some linings.... thx andhika

16. hm_andhika

Take a look

20181229_155128.jpg

17. salepang

salepang Regular Member

How about cal500 repulsion?any racquect that you can compare that same feel about cal500 stiffness and heavy head?

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    That's just sub par for the Japanese. One would think they would have learned from experiences and feedback doing sharp type of frames in the JPX series as a whole.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

19. hm_andhika

I could tell the repulsion is really good on CAL500. Stiffness level between medium stiff to stiff, perhaps 7 from 10 (10 = stiff). Slight heavy on the frame.

I will post CAL500 on other thread

20. hm_andhika

The paint quality on JPX LTD is excellent. I have no idea what they did now on XYST2.

I hope JPX 8.1pro paint quality would be super.