Victor Falcon TK / Victor TK 隼

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, May 2, 2017.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Then I'd really recommend 4U AX 88D.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

raymond likes this.
  2. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Great. I'm using TK6000 at the moment (for 2 years). Please contrast against 6000 in terms of pros and cons. In terms of color/design, I like the burgundy color, or the 9900 style is also good. This is one area I'm not too please with 6000. However, I'd give "functional/performance" priority. I'm looking for better power, without sacrificing much of the agility/speed of 6000.

3. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Thanks Visor. I take it you've used this model. I used to be a Yonex fan, until a few years ago when I bought a very expensive pair of shoes. I twisted my left and right angles repeatedly playing Singles and Doubles.

I took a quick look at the recommended model. It seems a really pretty one, and has good spec. The price is a little higher, but I'd keep it as one of my viable alternatives.

4. redscoobie

redscoobie New Member

To me, that is the tkf
    I use the 9900 in singles play. The issue is that it is too slow for doubles. In singles, fantastic power.

The tkf’s hybrid frame takes time to get used to.
    My routine is to warm up with a 3u and then use my 4u tkf... the power and speed!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymond likes this.
  5. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah, I have a TKF and now use mostly the 88D, all 4U. Problem with TKF is quite stiff and a tad too head balanced for all around court play, so you'll need more effort to generate power from the back court.
    While the 88D is slightly less stiff and head heavier for better all around play and easier to generate power with it's rotation tech, as in smashes will sting much more than TKF and yet not give up anything on drives, defence, touch, playability etc. Looks wise the TKF is outstanding but when it comes time to win some games I always pick up the 88D.

If you're coming from a 6000, you would find the TKF quite hard to generate power as the 6000 is flexier and head heavier.

Another thing, TKF and 9900 are rarely used by pro doubles or any players around. But you'll see tons of pro players use 4U 88D and 3U 88S and for good reason because the Astrox series is that good.

Final consideration, Yonex has much better QC on rackets than Victor. Because in my and other members experiences, Victor rackets of the same model fluctuate much more wildly in specs whereas Yonex has much tighter specs of the same model.

#305 visor, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    raymond likes this.
  6. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    From Paul Stewart's review, it appears there're 3 versions of 9900, with version 3 (Mark 3) being very different from earlier 2. So, when did you buy your 9900, and which version is it?

7. redscoobie

redscoobie New Member

I live in canada so mark iii is the one i have

8. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Unfortunately, the dealer just message me they don't have the size (4U G5) I want.

So, Visor, have you ever checked out AX88-S instead? Also, according to Paul, TKF is fast + powerful even though it may "feel" like a balanced one:

When you commented that TKF is not as head heavy and less flex, did you reference any spec?

9. visor

visor Regular Member

88S is good too. But only in 3U form, and don't forget it's also 5mm shorter than normal which may or may not be a problem depending on your reach.

When I mentioned the TKF specs, it was in comparison to 88D. It's noticeably stiffer and head lighter than 88D, which makes it more demanding and harder to use from the back court.

10. bensley

bensley New Member

I actually put this up on racquet comparison and got no takers! So thought I'd try it again here!
    Just wondering about a comparison between a Astrox 99 3u and the falcon 3u. I play with a TK 9000 3u at the moment.

Vincent604 likes this.
  11. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Just got my new racket. I bought it over Christmas when there was a good discount. Unfortunately they didn't have 4U G5 for AX 88D, and I didn't want to try G4. I ended up switching to Victor TKF.

Today, I got a chance to use it. Strung with Ashaway Zymax 66 Fire Power at 25 lb. When compared to my older TK 6000 (unknown but probably thinner string at 26 lb), Falcon feels relatively heavy. Today, my timing was off, and had to switch back to TK 6000 to salvage my games. Hopefully, I'd get used to it soon.

12. jerby

jerby Regular Member

So I'm getting shoulder and back problems, I switched from my TK 9900 in 3U to a JS10 4U and my shoulder and back hurt less... Would a TK Falcon be a good in between? I feel like the JS10 is just slightly too light.

And if so, anybody in the neighbourhood with a spare for sale? ;-)

13. visor

visor Regular Member

You're playing singles or doubles?

14. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Bit of both, but mainly singles

Verstuurd vanaf mijn H8324 met Tapatalk

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Then I'd really recommend 4U AX 88D. Stiff but flexes a bit for power, unlike TKF which is rather stiff. And head heavier than TKF which is better for power, and yet it's more maneuverable and has great feel. Seriously 4U 88D is better than TKF for both singles and doubles. And much easier on the joints than your other 3 rackets.

#315 visor, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    redscoobie likes this.
  16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Thanks but due to a contract it's definately going to be a Victor ;)
    My JS10 in 4U feels a tad too light, if the tkf is almost as fast but slightly more headheavy I'd be happy.

I did try an 88D and it's a good racket

Verstuurd vanaf mijn H8324 met Tapatalk

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, then TKF is perfect for you. Head heavier and less stiff than JS10. Easier on your joints. Unsurprisingly I can hit harder with it than JS10. (But I can hit harder with 88D than either )

Have you also looked at one of the upcoming Auraspeeds that may be right for you? But then, I'm one of those that firmly believe in head heavy 4U rackets, so TK series would be better choice.

#317 visor, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  18. redscoobie

redscoobie New Member

After playing with my 88d for a month and a half, i am very surprised at how much more stiff the falcon is vs the 88d.

The 88d also has helped me increase my smash power with the falcon.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

88D is an amazingly excellent racket from Yonex. Along with 88S, I'm sure it'll become a classic like Arc 10/11.

20. redscoobie

redscoobie New Member

I have an SG 9900 and a CD 9900. The SG shaft is much more flexible.

Would u think the falcon is the same?