2018 BC Year End Awards

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Me: Walking up the stairs after @Anks with a rather disconcerted face. :(

Congratulates @Anks for SYQ's win yesterday with an even weirder facial expression. :confused:

I would like to thank @BeeKi for voting me as the most sincere poster. Allowing me to win a six way tie award at the highly prestigious BCYEA 2018.

I would also like to congratulate @kurako for winning the best Kento Momota fan by a quarter of a vote :eek: ~ thank you for voting for me. Thanks to others who also voted for me @Justin L @Nine Tailed Fox @BeeKi

Thank you to Kento Momota for being such an awesome human and player since last year and allowing me to be one of the strong contenders in the best fan.

Thank you to @Nine Tailed Fox for his contribution on the forum and organisation of the BCYEA.

Looking forward to a commentful 2019 with you all!

Merry kurisumasu and akemashite omedetou!

BeeKi, Nine Tailed Fox and Anks like this.
  2. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Me: CLAPS CLAPS
    Congratulations !

Quentin11 likes this.
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't know what to say.

Firstly, I am overwhelmed. I don't know how I won an award that I wasn't even nominated to begin with.

Secondly, I am very much disappointed that I didn't win Best KSS/MSG fan award considering I have been here much longer than @minions and have showed so much loyalty and support by standing up for them all year long. I sense a lot of biased opinions over this nominations. This new user with the same name as Kevin/Marcus nickname suddenly appeared out of nowhere and snatched the award away:( I will work much harder to prove that I am a more worthy recipient of this particular award despite having a more detached username and avatar altogether. I will follow @s_mair advise to invest more in shoes, kit (I thought I have made a lot of contribution in this), hairstyle and many others.

Lastly, let me thank @Nine Tailed Fox for his effort to entertain many of us with his creative ideas.

:D

BeeKi, Nine Tailed Fox and Quentin11 like this.
  4. minions

minions Regular Member

Lol, you dispute my award? :D
    Just to let you know, I am not coming out of nowhere. I was just a visitor since last year. I don't know how I win it and honestly, don't care much about it. I think we are all agree that the best minions fans is Simly Ng. Weng Chi, from Macau. She tries every way possible to support her idols.

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

yuquall
    minions

She's not a BC user, she doesn't count. Though I envy her youth, energy and resources.:p

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I thought I've expressed what the toughest debater should be about based on the kind of qualities and characteristics s/he ought to possess. But it seems to me some people view, mistakenly or otherwise, that toughest equal nastiest, in which case I fail to understand why nastiness deserves an award. What's the world coming to ?:p:D:)

Anyway, it's all in good fun, and congrats to all the deserving winners. Cheers.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  7. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I am so, so deeply touched. What can I say....

First of all, it is an enormous honour to receive an award for "best fan" of the hottest commodity in the history of the male singles department. What greater accolade can there be! I am mildly surprised that I managed to win in the midst of such ferocious competition, ... but only mildly. :D

Whilst I pick myself up from the floor after watching yesterday's rout, let me take this opportunity wish everyone the warmest and fluffiest of festive seasons and, on behalf of Momota, to vow revenge in 2019!

Finally, thanks to everyone for a really entertaining year!

BeeKi and Quentin11 like this.
  8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Well, it's too bad!, that award went to a wrong poster.

IMO, if I was a sole judge, I would have given it to you or j4ckie. Probably you were the most deserving winner but the silly brainwashing in the Momota thread has reached a point where the voice of reason like yours is no longer heard.

Commiserations, my friend!

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nah, don't take it too seriously (I don't care about the award, only don't wish to see it misused or abused, and lose credibility), it was an interesting exercise, should've stretched it longer for more people to take part and make it more representative , thereby , hopefully, minimise the bias and subjectivity part, which was why I hesitated for so long to take part.

Btw, for the best male or female players awards, I consider only the singles players as doubles is more of a teamwork where the pair is as strong as the weaker of the two, so much so it's difficult to answer the question, for example, 'Who is stronger, Tai Tzu Ying or Huang Yaqiong?' as the don't play each other, apart from the fact that singles and doubles are two different disciplines, a different kettle of fish, so to speak. Also I'm more into singles than doubles.

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Count me on, thanks to @Nine Tailed Fox to make this forum more alive, BC Year End Awards, fresh idea that never did before ;)