Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Chen Yufei, What a revelation!! WS is moving well compared to MS. Now, why can't they do the same thing for the men. It shows that something is quite wrong with the approach to MS. They shouldn't make all the juniors become replicas of CL and SY. Two years after the WJC Chen Yufei has blossomed. Quite a few WJC in the MS have been wasted. Thats a lot of talent! Time to replace some of the MS coaches or am I missing some points!!

2. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

I think shi yuqi,he bijiao,liu/li,chen/jia need a break to recover from their injuries

3. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

After university games lin guipu has gone dark again

4. minions

minions Regular Member

Wonder how much time they need to recover. SYQ, Li/Liu, Chen/Jia are going to Guangzhou for WTF. Hope they can recover the injuries in time.

5. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Isn't there any chance he/ tan can go to finals instead of li and liu??

6. minions

minions Regular Member

It depends on the final ranking table of Race to Guangzhou. China can't just choose which pairs to go to Guangzhou without looking at the table.

7. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

If they reach 9 in the list I think they have a chance

8. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

In the middle part of year among young mens doubles pairs ren xianyu & ou xuanyi perform better than han/ zhou & he/tan l. They won a super 300 event & reach a final in a super 500 event. But after that their performences have decreased.

9. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Many people are saying li shifeng is not upto with kodai naroka,kunvaluvt vitirdarsn and lakshya sen. But they have forgotten that li shifeng played only about 2 or 3 senior tournaments and other 3 have played many senior tournaments. So they are vastly experienced

10. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

China lost two of the best young shuttlers song xue & lin giupu. Other young shuttlers are not up to the mark except shi yuqi. Dissapoinment about sun feixiang

11. Zhierl

Zhierl Regular Member

Is there something in their program or training that make many chinese player very prone to injury, some serious injury?

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Just my thought:

Maybe because the level of internal competition is high within the Chinese team, the players are driven to train as hard as they could to be the better ones. Just probably like how LD, FHF or ZN (so I heard) were known to stay longer to train more than the others too when they were younger. But unfortunately not everyone has the luxury of strong physical built. FHF and ZN had been prone to injuries in their late twenties. LD could last longer than any Chinese players, even after he reached 30. The worst injury he had was not from badminton related training.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, lack of sufficient international exposure esp at the senior level for the CHN junior team is a disadvantage as opposed to most of their foreign counterparts, notably the 2015 WJC WS Goh Jin Wei (the most experienced of the lot), the 2017 WJC MS Kunlavut Vitidsarn, etc.

The CHN junior team coach, Wang Wei, also pointed out that many of their junior players were exhausted by the team event , particularly, Wang Zhiyi, who was under intense pressure to save Team CHN from near-certain defeat by Team JPN in the semifinals. Notably, in the team matchup against MAS, Wang Zhiyi beat Goh Jin Wei decisively in two straight sets. Incidentally, at the Youth Olympics earlier, WZY lost narrowly to GJW by 21-19 in the decider, but in the WJC individual event she was physically stretched and went down tamely to GJW in the semifinals.

Apparently, playing the team and individual events back-to-back, the singles events being seven rounds, was quite a test of these youngsters' fitness level if they happened to go deep in both the team and individual events, the toll of accumulated fatigue evident on many of them.

In my opinion, both Li Shifeng and, even more so, Wang Zhiyi, have good potential. I look forward to seeing them make their mark one day when they join the pro circuit, hopefully next year.

14. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Hoping that lin guipu make a comeback in next year but sadly no news about song xue

15. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

I noticed a piont. Kento momato & viktora axelsen are in same age group. Player that belongs to that group from china is song xue. But he didn't show any results like them. Like wise nozomi okuhara,rachank inatanon,tai tzu ying are in same age group. Sun yu also belongs to that group. But she wasn't able produce results like them.

antssantss likes this.
  16. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Xue Song is the saddest thing that can happen to Chinese badminton in recent time. He is the only one who can take on VA ,KM and SK. His matches with them were often very close, winning some of them. His very serious injury in his match against Kento in India may have ended his career or is he sitting out the mandatory 3 years of not representing China so that he can play for HK just LIke Deng Joy Suan?
    Lin Guipu and Ren Pengbo, both 21 years old, are both in Uni. Assuming that they entered Uni at the age of 18+ and are pursuing a 4 year course they won't be graduating until they are 22. WE may, hopefully, get to see them play sporadically next year. We also saw THW played sporadically when he was in UNi before he returned with a bang when he defeated LCW in Australia. Zheng Yu returned to professional badminton after she graduated and I hope Lin Guipu and Ren Pengbo will do the same.

Li Shifeng's father is a doctor and if he has inherited his father's intelligence he probably will go to Uni too, hopefully in China and not overseas like Qin Jingjing.We may not see him in action for the next 2 years or not at all if he too decides to become a doctor. Can we fans of Chinese badminton really blame him? How much can a badminton player in China make? LD, CL are exceptions. Incidentally I think Zhang Weiyi is a good player. I saw his match against Kodai because it was morning over where I am when they played. He is fast and,has a powerful smash which he didn't use often or could not use because Kodai didn't allow him to do so. His footwork and defense are good too. He fought Kodai point for point until deuce in G1 before losing it. The scenario is the same in Game 2 until !5 all. He kept the Japanese coaching bench on tenterhooks until Kodai finally prevailed at 21-16. A very good effort for Zhang Weiyi in view of this being his first ever international tournament. If he decides to take up professional badminton I hope he is sent out to play early. Believe me he is very good potential. The match is on court 1 on November 15. Unfortunately there is no recording available on Youtube.

#1956 tbgoh288, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Justin L likes this.
  17. Master

Master Regular Member

The 2nd "Mazu Cup" Maritime Silk Road International Badminton Challenge will be held in Putian from November 22-25. 22 countries and regions along the Maritime Silk Road have signed up for the competition, making a total of 1,526 players. World famous badminton players will also show up to the competition, including world champions Lin Dan and Chen Long. Through the event, Putian will strengthen exchanges and cooperation with countries and regions along the Maritime Silk Road, promoting Mazu culture.

[​IMG]

Justin L likes this.
  18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

No Zhang Nan?:eek:

19. Master

Master Regular Member

Yes, Liu Cheng alone I guess... I don't have any idea about the reason though.

20. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Is it open to people of Chinese origin only? First time I hear of this tourney.