Victor CHINA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (18-23 September)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 17, 2018.

1. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Jonathan really becomes an overnight sensation after winning AG gold. :D

Ginting teasing the fans by tryna emulate Jojo's style of celebration. :D

2. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Below are the 2018 BWF World Tour performances by country. Only countries who have won a title are listed:

[​IMG]

Loh and ah_lim like this.
  3. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

They have Zhang Jun as a role model. :p

And that's not bad in any means except being overweight into your 40's, he is an olympic gold medalist afterall. :)

4. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Interesting theory. You only count matches played in this tournament. Not including for example the fact that Momota played two more matches previous week in Japan and only had two days rest between tournaments. Ginting also had day off on Wednesday, Momota played 5 days in a row in China Open.

Looking further back past matches shows that Momota has played much more than Ginting this year. Tiredness simply does not reset between tournaments, meaning your theory is wrong.

5. SpursIndonesia

Both of you have equally valid points, and i think both players are equally tired at the game yesterday. In the end, the better player FOR THAT PARTICULAR NIGHT won, but Momota is still the higher ranked players with better overall achievement this year, this is undeniable.

stanleyfm likes this.
  6. SpursIndonesia

South Korea NT really has been underachieving badly this year.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I can't agree with you more.

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

South Korea has been underachieving for almost 3 years now.

Doesnt really matter i guess if its not gonna be their focus anyway. They are good at dramas and K pop.

and they won the AG football gold. Football is 1 gold but to me and people i am sure it feels like 100 golds. It is a sport that can change a nations pride. While my chinese friend always said chinese men are always so selfish thats why they cant win football gold no matter how hard they try. Even the president keeps building stadium in china just to achieve the goals.

stanleyfm and SpursIndonesia like this.
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not necessarily, it only proves that Ginting is more likely to be affected by accumulated fatigue, it depends on each individual player; young and strong players just need enough rest to recover, older and less fit players need more rest as they take longer time to recover.

10. azerez

azerez Regular Member

It's really funny before final everyone claiming Momota is in perfect condition because he won every game with straight set :p and after he lose from ginting suddenly he has fatigue from previous tournament ;)

11. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Not really. Steen was saying in Japan Open already that Momota is not fit. China Open was first time I saw him getting tired in the second game already against Ginting. During last few points he could barely move. So even if Momota had won first or second game it would have been game over anyway.

We need to wait for Denmark Open next month to see players playing again rested. Would like to see Ginting and Momota playing again.

12. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

no one can beat momota when he's 100% fit you know :cool:

13. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

There is no exact measurement for fitness, and everyone recover differently.

All we know is Ginting won that day and was the better player during that particular match
    And Momota is world number 1. So Momota is still the better player consistently.

*side note out of topic
    I remembered in Tennis was it Wozniacki who has never won a tournament but ranked 1st. She consistently get into Seminfals/Finals but never won a few years back.

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  14. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

Wozniacki won her first Grand Slam this year in Australia.

15. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

And suddenly

A wild LCW

Comes out of nowhere to pounce

16. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Even so, Jojo seems much smarter and concern much more on his career than Taufik. And in a way, shows more maturity based on how he responsed to the fans

Even with the sudden fame the he got, he might have tight schedule with ads and interviews
    But it is easier to be reduced in the future than 'addiction to night life'

He has no gossip whatsoever, and is handling his social media account rather clean and polite. And based on his religious background life, I doubt he will have any such controversy like Taufik

I am optimistic that at least by next year he can focus back fully on his future achievement in badminton. Let him has the fame and enjoy it for these few months. It is also good for badminton to be more popular anyway

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Even if Momota was 100% fit, I still think 100% Ginting would have won this particular final match here.

Not saying Momota is inferior to Ginting in anyway at all, but Momota has proven everything he has to prove after his comeback in terms of World Ranking and many major titles such like Asian and World Champion to name a few. He had nothing to prove except to redeem a bit of his pride after losing to Ginting last time.

But for Ginting, winning here was very important and necessary in order to make his first step on a path to the top. He was fearless and daring. He had to win this.

That was probably what made the difference here yesterday instead of just fitness issues by either player.

18. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

yes what actually surprised me is that he managed to get back when he was down 5 points on both sets, I honestly expected him to give up when he was down on both sets, but the way he was so calm and confident on the matches makes me believe that he is ready to go to the next level, whether this will actually happens remain to be seen but Im quite confident that he will be able to perform better in the next matches, maybe he wont finish on the podium again soon, but at least he will perform better.

Woman.in.Red and stanleyfm like this.
  19. SpursIndonesia

Agreed, Ginting was the more hungry contestant in that match, and it showed.

20. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    Oh, he had been gossiped before. Some people claimed to have his naked pictures and a video of him ma*tu*ba*ing. But he had clarified that the man in the pictures and video is not him, although they both look alike. I haven't seen the pictures & video but those who have seen it said there are allegations that the man is a Taiwanese celebrity.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

SpursIndonesia likes this.