Victor CHINA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (18-23 September)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 17, 2018.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Definitely the Chinese pair was much more motivated than the INA pair, and the results showed.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

2. Metaphysician

Metaphysician Regular Member

Hope Ginting becomes the ray of hope against pure darkness that is momota.

3. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

Yea I think this defeat is important for them and show that they are not invincible, they are the most dominating MD pair right now but this defeat should humble them down and practice more for next tournaments.Consider this a wake up call for them as well since they have been on a streak since asian games.

On the other hand, it is good that Indonesia finally have something else to hope for in the MS department, regardless of today match Ginting achievement to reach final is already very amazing, considering the opponents that he got to defeat to reach final.

On the other hand Marcus posted in his IG that it has been an amazing two weeks, and he told his pregnant wife that the prize money from winning Japan open and reaching semifinal in China open should be enough to eat nice foods, I think he has a more positive attitude and feeling now that he is going to become a father hahaha :)

Amlite, badito and Yoji like this.
  4. visor

visor Regular Member

Oh yeah, especially also against the pure darkness of the Australian service judge...

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think Momota will beat Ginting ' Fair and Square '

6. Metaphysician

Yeah that too.but one darkness per day .darkness of the judge can wait.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Ahh, Mark Phelans famous picture showing his lack of understanding of high school maths.

8. Metaphysician

Ginting is a ball of energy and momota is afraid of it even if it appears otherwise.

9. Metaphysician

If other complacent players like kidambi ,CL are banned for 6 months will they also get the hunger of momota?

10. wade

wade Regular Member

yeah they're playing well han/zhou, executed their game plan very well...but I still think if there's no fault called especially in the third game, minions would win that match. but he can only blame himself for that gideon. also kevin being so inconsistent with his serve (lot of times being too loose) didn't help either. indonesian MD in general are very dependent with their serve, so if the quality are not good enough, or if it keep getting faulted, then it would be difficult.

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  11. visor

visor Regular Member

Let me ban myself for a few months and will let you know...

12. Metaphysician

Bitter medicine and all.

13. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Momota was already better than anyone before ban.

He was just a bit of a swagger.

Now he is more honest and the results are showing.

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINAL (01.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...F7CA6C-2774-46F8-8AB2-8D43429AE297&d=20180923

Host China has four representatives in three disciplines with one title has been secured, followed by arch-rival the rising Japan with three slots and clinch WD title. Indonesia, Spain, Denmark fill the remaining places.

MS, Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (INA) v Kento Momota (JPN)
    H-2-H : 2-4 / WR : 13 v 2
    Anthony Ginting maintains outstanding performance here to cruise into final for the first time in BWF top-tier tournaments, Super 1000 level. Looking his heavyweight draw, the unseeded Indonesian defies the odds that propel him to one step closer for top podium finisher. Beating series of top echelon players, two-time Olympic Champion Lin Dan, world number one Viktor Axelsen, reigning Olympic Champion Chen Long and Asian Games silver medalist Chou Tien Chen. Ginting relies on his speed, agility, mental strength and excellent net play to down all those big names. Waiting him as last hurdle is none but current king, world champion Kento Momota who demolished all his opponents on the road to last round including semifinal rival, home hopeful Shi Yuqi despite the young Chinese delivers stiff resistance and right tactic to trouble Momota at second game but it was not enough to stop near perfect Momota. Will Ginting repeat his winning touch at Asian Games third round and conquer the powerful Momota? An exciting final duel to wait.

XD, Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong (CHN) v Zhang Nan/Li Yinhui (CHN)
    H-2-H : 2-0 / WR : 1 v 11
    Mixed doubles discipline is really China trump card to pick title in almost all tournaments. A big challenge for Zhang N/Li YH to break Zheng SW/Huang YQ winning streak, they’re unbeatable since Nanjing World Championships. In semifinal, the world number one didn’t play their best at the beginning but getting better after second game interval to tackle HKG pair Tang CM/Tse YS, 21-19 / 21-15. On second session Zhang/Li stun more favoured teammates, world number two Wang YL/Huang DP who looked shaky at mid deciding game that let Zhang/Li to turn the tables and nail final ticket. We'll see whether Zheng/Huangcombination could replicate famous duo Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei stellar achievement in their journey to reach ultimate goal, Tokyo 2020.

WS, Carolina Marin (ESP) v Chen Yufei (CHN)
    H-2-H : 1-0 / WR : 5 v 6
    Three-time World Champion and Olympic Champion Carolina Marin regain her finest form to score back to back final in Japan and China. In rematch of JPN Open final, Nozomi Okuhara did well to take iniative at front area and dictating the pace in opening game as Marin committed many errors. But the Spaniard came back stronger at next two games with her superiority mode, raising the tempo, more aggressive and some excellent netshot, even in several long rallies Marin is better than her opponent. Earlier semifinal, Chen Yufei continues her winning trend against Akane Yamaguchi in three games, the Chinese has better court coverage to outmaneuver Yamaguchi who looks little bit drop of overall performance lately. On paper prediction, a slim chance for home youngster to oppose Marin as both of them met last week in Tokyo where the Spanish sensation outplayed Chen, hopefully it’ll not be an anti-climax final.

WD, Mayu Matsumoto/Wakana Nagahara (JPN) v Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (JPN)
    H-2-H : 3-1 / WR : 6 v 4
    Japan WD is back to routinity and keeps WD crown on their grip, two high profile pairs facing off, reigning World Champion Matsumoto/Nagara versus Olympic Champion Matsutomo/Takahashi. MatsuNaga trounced Bulgarian Stoeva sisters, 21-16 / 21-12 while more interesting fashion happened on evening session, TakaMatsu experienced tough times to dismiss Indonesian Polii/Rahayu. The Indonesians did well to level the scoreline even leading by narrow margin, 16-15 at the deciding game but still the Japanese regained focus and seal the match in 87 minutes of play. MatsuNaga have advantage according to head to head stats to clinch Super 1000 title after managed runner-up position in INA Open last July.

MD, Han Cheng Kai/Zhou Haodong (CHN) v Kim Astrup/Anders Skaarup Rasmussen (DEN)
    H-2-H : 0-1 / 23 v 10
    A major upset occurs on men’s doubles department, the overwhelming favourite Gideon/Sukamuljo fail to clear their opponent, Chinese second-stringers Han CK/Zhou HD in three games. The Mininons had bad start in first game but soon they found good rhythm in second game then being service faulted several times at third game disrupted Indonesians concentration, a close contest but the Chinese played better to execute the ending. 8th seed Astrup/Rasmussen perform well along this tournament, the most notable pair to be their victim are second seed Li/Liu in quarterfinal. The Danish combination did same feat to down TPE pair Chen HL/Wang CL, the latter couldn't read well their opponent game plan in first set then tight battle on next game but Chen/Wang were too rush at crucial moment. Out of prediction for MD final line-up that both finalists should capitalise this rare chance to earn huge ranking point and lucrative prize money.

It'sMeMeMe, Amlite, azerez and 2 others like this.
  15. fanyy

fanyy Regular Member

Not sure if I agree:p Gideon at the back was not much of a threat during first set. Came back at set 2 but H/Z also regained focus at set 3. Kevin made lots of errors, including serves. The Chinese pair made loads of errors too but were much more composed. I think it was the third set that Kevin was clearly very frustrated.
    Like you said, serves, especially for the Minions, are a crucial part of the game. Their faulty serves were clear as day. Just feels like some fans are using the service judge as a scapegoat. What if the Chinese pair lost and fans blamed the line judge even though they constantly smashed everything out?:confused:
    That service judge was solid! Imagine is she got to ref the Minions again:D

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I can only say the minions cant do anything if China wants this so much ( to break 17 years egg). Whether the servjudge is corrupted or not, we ll never know coz the chinese was never called faults. 4 faults lead to loose serves. Just on serves , minions give up a dozen points so obviously they lost because of their serve not because of HanZhou play well or what.

cookie.kie and badito like this.
  17. kalibrant

kalibrant Regular Member

salesman
    If Marcus is not introspective and only blames the service judge, and Kevin plays too underestimating the opponent, then they will lose from the non-superior pair. Above the sky there is another sky.

18. wade

wade Regular Member

the loose serves were mostly by kevin, and tbf he's been struggling with his serve lately.

well its not easy to be composed when one player keep getting faulted while the other know that he's a bit struggling with his serve too. again I don't blame the service judge for that lost, gideon can only blame himself, just saying that service fault called really affecting them.

19. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Why ? You have any problem ? Yes Im an Indian and I Love Chinese,Japanese players and its not like I need a reason to NOT TO

Besides Im a PVS Fan as well even though harsh at her at times and I could be so as a fan of any player cause I love them for my reasons and I dont need a Chinese,Indian,Taiwanese or Japanese passport to love my favourites.

I love many different players and its not like I hate INDIAN players or I have to love them and just keep admiring them always..I admire it when they play good however if they play bad then I wont mention reasons to justify their defeat just cause Im an Indian..that would be cheating to myself.

Btw Its not only Chinese players that i love in Present circuit

My Favourites are SYQ,AY,PVS,TTY,RI,CL,LCW
    in Doubles ( Fuku/Hirota ) Li Liu + Zhang in XD ( LN/AT )

And My Historic ALL TIME favourites who played when i was born/Too small and probably that Im a fan of just by watching their clips and shots are -:

1.Susi Susanti ( Badminton Dancer )
    1.Mia Audina ( Gymnast player )
    1.Zhang Ning ( All rounder )
    1.Wang Shixian ( Most beautiful Champion ) CL is Lucky
    1.Peter Gades ( Speechless )
    1.Prakash Padukone ( AE Champ )
    1.Taufik Hidayat ( Backhand master )
    1.LDY ( A Champ & on top of that the Most handsome Badminton player alive )

And BTW there are millions of Indians who love Marin who I cant stand now and I dont blame them they love her and they have their reasons to so be it..so I guess I will love any player who i have reason to and I think it would be really stupid for anyone to judge me or my preference of fav list based on my Nationality/Race or any other grounds of discrimination.

thank you

virusvoodoo and Justin L like this.
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nine Tailed Fox and Anks earn my deepest respect for their honesty, broad-mindedness, courage of conviction, and treating the world as one united nation, one family, above nationalism and against racism. Blind loyalty and ultra-nationalism is dangerous.

DanNguyen and Anks like this.