Victor CHINA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (18-23 September)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 17, 2018.

1. super-g

super-g Regular Member

He did not invent tumbling server as at least Lee Yong Dae already used it before him. Can you elaborate what did Sukamuljo invent? He was the first to pretend hitting shuttles going out?

2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Majority of those people likes to claim everything. Next time you hear, they will claim they invent sliced bread.

stanleyfm likes this.
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Not both minions, only one of them. And some great players before them like LYD/YYS Ahsan etc. They were never faulted as often as they should have. Probably they wouldn't have won as many tittles back them with the service faults either:p

melon94 likes this.
  4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

He didn't even invent that air swinging either. He invented may weird shots like smashing slam dunk while his body facing the back, blocking the shuttle while jumping and pirouette, round the head shot behind his head on shoulder level etc etc
    Things that shouldn't be tried at home :D

stanleyfm and melon94 like this.
  5. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...l-18-23-september.178008/page-74#post-2677920
    he hasn't invented any shot. he just so happens to be doing them on the internet for fans to see.

#1485 samkool, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  6. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I am sure I do. I just knew that everyone was going to opt for Lin Dan, and wanted to add a little variety. ;)

Quentin11 likes this.
  7. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    ask me when/after momota has reached his peak. until then we will never know.

#1487 samkool, Sep 22, 2018
  8. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    anyone could create the same effect w/ the phone on your camera. line 2 objects up then keep tilting your phone camera while keeping the 2 objects lined up. pretty easy.

a human sitting in a chair with could not tilt their head like you could with your phone camera and see the field of vision these photos did.

note: take a closer look at the bottom of the 2 pics. the black lines are not lined up exactly the same as the top pic. the bottom pic is shot at more of an upward angle than the top pic, as evidenced by the 2nd black line being higher on the right side. this indicates the camera position was lower in the 2nd pic. very slight, but it explains the placement variable of the black banner.

#1488 samkool, Sep 22, 2018
  9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well the point is HanZhou can beat Minions because they are always faulted. Truly you dont need to do that to break 17 years egg. Win like a man. My guess is everyhing is just politics :)

There is no proof that they serve higher than 115cm. and if there is, LiLiu served higher than 115 all the time. Fuhaifeng serves high all the time in his career, his serving motion is even worst than Gideon but did he cheat to earn points? I dont think so, the serves make no difference in an outcome of a point even if conrad were to be serving at 130cm.

Otherwise Li/Liu will have already beaten them at AE2017 or Conrad/Kolding wouldnt have lost so many times in 2017 to them. All those players serve at 130cm or so. So dont use stupid excuses that they won titles because they served high.

#1489 Yoji, Sep 22, 2018
    azerez likes this.
  10. wahchai305

wahchai305 Regular Member

At the nanjing WC, when she beat TZY in three games, her coach congratulated her with a motion of ruffling up her hair. WRONG.
    You do that with a kid. She may be still young, but already a young adult. Treat her as one, and seek to drum some sense of responsibility into her.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

HanZhou and AstrupRasmusen celebrated like they won Olympics it will be funny if 1 of them didnt win the title today.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If you think Fu served worse than Gideon you are mentally ill.
    The only ones in recent years that served as badly were Ahsan and Yoo. Shin came close but was significantly lower.

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Maybe you are the one ill, you should see how Fu serve pushing his body frontward
    and high.

and yeah his motion is worse than Gideon. I didnt say he cheat just because he serves high so dont get me wrong. I am not like people who will say they win this or win that , because of this or that. That is not the reason that cause them WR1 anyway. I am saying judges have to have common sense. MD is so competitive , adrenaline is so high.

14. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    Very classic LYD/YYS match with BOE/MOG where Boe kept crying about it being a double hit

Also in the same match YYS consistently serving chest high and never getting called

#1494 offbad, Sep 22, 2018
  15. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

I also remember kss used to complain about lyd's tumbling serve when they playing each other at indonesia open 2016, and now he use that kind of serve too lol :D

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yupe, he is being smart haha

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He was borderline with his racket and sometimes it didn't point downwards. The height was mostly okay, especially compared to other pros. Gideon served with his arms parallel to the freaking floor and everyone pretended they didn't see. In no way, shape or form was Fu worse with his serve. As I said, only Yoo or Ahsan could compare to Gideon.

18. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

you don't think kss serve pretty high too?

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Eh, mostly it seems okay. Some of his flicks were borderline high imop, but not bad compared to most other players. There's others who were way worse. Judging has gotten more consistent though

20. fanyy

fanyy Regular Member

Are we still talking about the MD match? :D
    Feels like the Chinese pair are not getting enough credit for their performance. They did their homework and executed the plans well. In fact, they should've finished the first set much faster.
    I know it must be hard for the Minion fans to see the lose but it wasn't just the obvious faulty serves that cost them the game. Just didn't play well enough to win this time.