Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Quite shocked by the news. Hoping he gets better soon.

2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Damn, that's sad. Get well soon, Dato'.
    Hopefully you will get to enjoy life well.

3. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    So sad. On my way to badminton then I read the shocking news. And I'm carrying the LCW colours shoebag today.
    Oh man.

Hope he recover and get his health up again

4. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

From a medical point of view, his career is over. Unless there is some miracle

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Its just so sad..

6. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I hope they can cure his cancer, if it is an early stage there is hope

melon94 likes this.
  7. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Such devastating news! No bothering about career, let’s just hope he gets back in good health soon. The man never gives up, as we a know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcll99 and stanleyfm like this.
  8. mohans

mohans Regular Member

All my fellow members here, let’s all refrain from worrying about his career here please. He has something more important to take care

pcll99 likes this.
  9. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I read something saying Stage 3, which is.. bad.. to say the least. I don't know if radiotherapy is enough. It's ultimately his and his medical professional's call.

We're on a badminton forum, of course we're concerned about his career. It could mean we don't see him playing again.

10. mohans

mohans Regular Member

True mate. But now his priorities would be different. It is diagnosed in the early stage as mentioned in articles. As far as I know, nasal cancer has a quick recovery

pcll99 and melon94 like this.
  11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Life is more important. Now he should fight for his life, not for tournaments/ Olympics anymore. He will give up all his title for long and healthy life.

I think he already played for too long for Malaysia and being their only sole hope , is stressful in some way

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Health first. No need money or glory at 36yo. Ego? What is he trying to prove at this age? Enjoy family life. No point aggravating.

I think when momota retired... he will say i let him win his last Mo2018.

13. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, sure...

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    wish him a speedy recovery. get the best treatment available!

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Wish Lee ChongWei get well soon. He brought excitement and joy to a lot of badminton fans. He deserves better.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The Bam statement says early stage so I'd tend to believe that over random social media posts

Sundis likes this.
  17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    My ENT friend says stage 3 is when you start get symptoms. Sounds logical that this would be when most cases are discovered.

jyeung likes this.
  18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Since it is out in the open now. His condition is critical not life threatening. Dnd he sort of lose more weight than usual. As he is already skinny. Being said that, they want this issue to be private. It is added stress to the country as well as for his family. He love badminton very much. Literally it is in his blood and he enjoyed playing for his country. And those cells are taking his passion away for now. The Cancer sort of shocked his mind for now.

19. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    image:
    https://content.thestar.com.my/smg/settag/name=lotame/tags=

There’s no Wei he is giving up
    • NATION
    • Sunday, 23 Sep 201
    • Rajes Paul
    • KUALA LUMPUR: Badminton icon Datuk Lee Chong Wei, who is battling nose cancer, says he is determined to make a return to the court.

While many sportsmen would have given up hope of making a comeback under such circumstances, the 35-year-old wants to go on playing competitively again.

“Wait for me. I’ll return to the court. Don’t forget me yet, I’m still here,” he said in an encouraging voice message from Taiwan where he is seeking medical treatment.

The three-time Olympic silver medallist and 12-time Malaysian Open champion is expected to come home to Malaysia at the end of the month.

He has been in Taiwan with wife Datin Wong Mew Choo and sons Kingston and Terrance since July.

“I’ll return soon. Thank you for all the concern and care shown to me during my two-month recovery.

“I’ll ... say more when I come back.”

The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) confirmed Chong Wei’s ailment in a statement yesterday.

This followed a false posting on social media, which went viral on Friday, claiming that Chong Wei was suffering from third stage nose cancer.

BAM president Datuk Seri Norza Zakaria asked for Chong Wei to be given space and peace of mind to recover.

Norza, who has been aware of Chong Wei’s condition from the beginning, said in a statement: “In response to recent reports concerning Chong Wei, BAM confirms that the player has been diagnosed with early stage nose cancer.

“Chong Wei is now in Taiwan seeking treatment and I’m pleased to inform you that he is responding well to treatment and is resting and recuperating among family and close friends.

“On behalf of Chong Wei, I would like to thank all Malaysians for your prayers and concern. Your support has been his source of strength and courage.

“We urge everyone to respect his privacy and that of his family. BAM is in constant contact with Chong Wei and we will offer any support we can to our legend.”

Two months ago, BAM announced that Chong Wei had taken a break from badminton after being diagnosed with a respiratory-related disorder.

He withdrew from two major competitions – the World Championships in Nanjing, China, in August and the Asian Games in Indonesia last month.
      [​IMG]
      Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nat...be-back-on-the-court-soon/#SSvA8hybRb1jzFHp.9
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

We all here in Malaysia will pray that hopefully Dato will get well quickly and continue to play as long as you can bcoz its been quite without your presence in this past two tournaments that you have skipped and I have not been watching badminton anymore but just occupying myself watching with this National Geographic programs about birds matting......pls do come back to play quickly.

LenaicM, Cheung and Justin L like this.
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, LCW, come back soon, I'm waiting to see you on the badminton court.

Despite his shocking,threatening illness, I believe badminton is his first love and returning to competition is the greatest motivation in his life at the moment, just what he needs to fight depression, stay positive and look on the bright side.

Personally,I'm all for him resuming where he left off. I'm pretty sure he's still good enough to give the two most talked-about MS , Momota and Ginting, a run for their money.

Cheers, all the very best, LCW !

LenaicM and melon94 like this.