Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

What about this?

[​IMG]

samkool and visor like this.
  2. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    hilarious!! :D :D :D

3. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Didn't CY use to sport a racket with a logo other than Li-Ning's all those years ago? I think even FHF used them. It's sort of 'K'-like, the logo was.

Come to think of it, Li-Ning period of LD was the best :p

4. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Kason is different tho. :p

5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Kason.

Which Li-Ning bought over, in 2009.

http://ir.lining.com/en/media/press_popup.php?file=inside-3_1_40.html

If you watched the Iberdrola World Junior Champs last year, the entire China contingent was on Kason. LN's way of marketing I guess...

GingerCorslette likes this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I agree

7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, that was Kason. It‘s part of Li Ning, if I‘m not mistaken.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

@Nine Tailed Fox, we should count our blessings. Lin Dan's fate wasn't even half as bad as LCW's, who last year was unceremoniously booted out by Brice Leverdez in round one and this year was met with a misfortune, struck with a severe illness that ended his quest for the WC and the AG, and could even be career-ending.

Not that it's any consolation, only want Nine Tailed Fox to see things in perspective and get over it quickly and carry on entertaining us with his wit and humour.

Wish LCW a speedy recovery and comes back to resume where he left off after that resounding victory at the MAS Open.

And may Lin Dan press on and continue to delight us, his ardent fans.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That was Kason, a company Li Ning bought to start producing rackets

11. Badton2020

Badton2020 New Member

Lin Dan's losses to Shi Yuqi is not a big deal. They're both part of the national team and regularly practice with each other.
    So obviously Shi is quite familiar with LD's playstyle and knows how to counter. Plus, Shi is a 22 year old young man which gives him a stamina/speed advantage over the 34 year old LD. Back in the old days when Lin Dan was in his 20s, he was winning games against his older teammates as well. Recently in this year's All England championships Shi was able to beat Chen Long in straight sets. If Chen Long wasn't his sparring partner, I highly doubt a player of Shi's level would be able to beat CL so fast. When playing against unfamiliar players, Shi would struggle hard - his recent game vs Chou Tien Chen in the world championships is a good demonstration of this. That's Shi's current level.

#11211 Badton2020, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    ratul_kai likes this.
  12. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    After looking at the performance in WC from LD SYQ and CL, the decision to rest LD for asian games individual event makes sense

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A short exclusive interview with Taufik Hidayat which I post my translation here because of what he said about Lin Dan
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2018-08-19/doc-ihhxaafy7042778.shtml

In the badminton-crazy country where the Asian Games is held, regarding the opening ceremony yesterday evening , the author had guessed correctly that one of the main torchbearers would include the Indonesian Olympic gold medalist Susi Susanti, but one of " The Four Heavenly Kings" with extreme appeal in the arena of badminton, Taufik Hidayat, was actually nowhere to be seen from beginning to end, indeed a great surprise to us.

In less than 24 hours, the riddle in our hearts was finally resolved. The author , representing Sina Sports newsmedia, availed himself of the opportunity at the interval when the Olympic champion, Taufik, was busy with activities promoting various brands and interacting with badminton fans, to throw at Taufik a number of questions that piqued our curiosity.

Sina Sports : " Yesterday evening, the opening ceremony of the Asian Games was held in your motherland, yet you were absent, what exactly happened, why ?"

Taufik : " I'm there (Really ?), I mean I was here in Jakarta. (Laughingly), I wasn't at the opening ceremony, but I watched it on TV. Because my wife is away, so I have to stay at home and keep my son and daughter company, this is my duty now. Many of my friends were at the site, pretty good opening ceremony. I watched it and was very moved, everybody looked excited, it was a high quality Asian Games opening ceremony."

Sina Sports : " As a 2002 and 2006 Asian Games badminton men's singles gold medalist, how do you see Indonesian badminton's current situation ?"

Taufik : " Just like what you've seen, at present the Indonesian men's singles is still not very good,but for the doubles category, esp mixed doubles, we are quite strong."

Sina Sports ; " This time, your former adversary, one of 'The Four Heavenly Kings' , the Malaysian big star, was absent at the Asian Games owing to illness, have you been in contact with him ?"

Taufik : " Not yet. But I heard he's now in a Taiwan hospital undergoing treatment. Next month I will be going to Taiwan, to attend a badminton-related activity, so when that moment comes I will look for an opportunity to visit him. I will get in touch, see about it."

Sina Sports : " Another one of 'The Four Heavenly Kings', Lin Dan, is still persevering at badminton, how do you look at it? "

Taufik : " Lin Dan is just too crazy ! What's more, he is still very strong on court, also his mentality. Truly, the one and only in the world. Already he has reaped the Asian Games, the Olympic Games gold, and suchlike. And he's still at it. Just unimaginable ! "

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah must be unimaginable to someone who rested on his laurels that others would continue to grind :D

15. Badton2020

Badton2020 New Member

#11215 Badton2020, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    ratul_kai and skhai91 like this.
  16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

17. Master

Master Regular Member

If he want to as well...

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't think he does haha it's only Japan Open.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah why care about a superb tournament when you haven't done sh*t in a year or so :D