Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

I mentioned Liu Liang as a reasonably good potential in an earlier post. He won the U17 boys' category. He took part in AJC 2018 in Indonesia but lost in the first round in two closely contested sets to an Indonesian who managed to reach the 1/4 finals or 1/2 finals. Liu liang is born in March 2002. You can see him play here. scroll to 2 hrs and 25 mins,

#1741 tbgoh288, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Banuka and Justin L like this.
  2. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    I thought Ren Chengming is the star junior player. He was sent out as a 15 yo to play in Germany, Holland and India recently. In fact, he made his debut as a 13 yo in the China Int Challenge in 2016. I don’t think China ever give debut for players that young.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good, a fast attacking player, positive and proactive, still only 16 years old. Btw, you meant 2hr 25mins mark.

I was about to say CHN WS are in good hands with the emergence of potential young talents now and then, very heartening indeed, but not so the Chinese boys who are lagging far behind their female counterparts. Let's hope Liu Liang or some others can fill the void quickly as the CHN U19 junior boys have been rather disappointing so far.

4. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Yes, sorry.

5. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Maybe the coaches saw her talent and improvement and decided to put her in the tournament. Well done H.Quanxi. Again I make the point why can't they have a MS player doing well at junior tournaments. More difficult to coach boys?

6. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Yes, I know of Ren Chengming, but his given name frightens me. LOL.

#1746 tbgoh288, Aug 18, 2018
    djake likes this.
  7. antssantss

Retired
    Yes. Been looking out for him , but nothing. He is a potential. But when can we see him again?

djake likes this.
  8. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Like her player called yang ruiwen played in pembeguanan jaya tournment and reacaced the semi final & lost to wang zhiyai.In that all semi finalists were from china.That was her first tournment but she wasn't in asian junior championship

9. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

He lost in the first round in most of the tournaments

10. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

It was his first inernational tournament. That indonesian managed to reach the quaterfinals

11. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Agree with u.Except boys singles china performing well in all other disciplines.li shifeng & bai yunpeng still unable to defeat kunvaluat viturdarsan

12. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    And there’s Chen Nianzu. She won last year Malaysian junior challenge. Still only 17 but didn’t make the AJC squad this year either.
    Perhaps some of them could be channeled to play doubles instead.

13. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Problem seem to be with boys singles. No youngsters except li shifeng & bai yunpeng. These 2 are eligible to play in junior level this year only

14. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

About kunvalut viturdrsan & lakshya sen they perform well in junior level because not only their talent but also their experience & internationala exposure.lakshya sen play so many senior tournments

15. antssantss

Retired
    Yes. And now there is Lakshya Sen who beat KV. The China MS do not have a Killer smash which all good MS have like L.Din, LCW and T.Hidayat. L. Sen and KV also have a great attacking game which scores easy points. Most of the China MS players lack this stroke. LG and SYQ sometimes display a devastating smash but its not something they can use frequently. The other skill which they lack is deception and taking the shuttle early. K.M has this ability and uses it a lot. If you get to the shuttle early you can do many things. KM also has great anticipation and its difficult to pass him even with good smashes. Lets hope the CBA will start developing a team of young MS players to counter the players from Japan,Indonesia,Taiwan and Thailand who have a few promising juniors.

16. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

China needs to go home from the Asian Games without any badminton Gold then only BCA will wake up and start grooming the youngsters by giving them more international exposures. What a shame that Han Qianxi played the finals today without a coach. Btw Liu Shuming and Ren Chengming played in the under 19 category in the 2018 national junior championship and both reached the 1/4 finals.

#1756 tbgoh288, Aug 18, 2018
  17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No problem, no need to apologize, always greatly appreciate your input and feedback.

I've been waiting anxiously for one or other of the CHN WS to make a big breakthrough and re-establish their former status, just wondering who among them will attain the pinnacle first.

Chen Yufei is good but I doubt she can reach the top, at most consistently near there; He Bingjiao is undeniably the most talented of the lot but must improve on her physique and develop mental toughness; Chen Xiaoxin, I'm still not too sure what to make of her or how far she can really go but I do like her on-court demeanour, always so positive and appearing brimming with confidence regardless the score; Gao Fangjie, has the physical attributes, gifted but not very steady and consistent yet; Cai Yanyan, she's beginning to impress me more and more,and, I supposed, Xia Xuanze too, as she was picked to replace Li Xuerui for the upcoming Asian Games; Wang Zhiyi, an intelligent stroke player, virtually dominating the junior circuit, and has shown potential at the senior level, another one of my favourite picks; Zhou Meng,her winning the just-concluded China National Championships beating Sun Yu, Wang Zhiyi and Hui Xirui, convinced me she is yet another possible future star.

As of now, of the seven above, I think the most likely to make a breakthrough to success soon or in the near future are He BJ, Gao FJ, Cai YY, Wang ZY and, hopefully, Zhou M, not in any order. Actually, at the moment, He BJ is on the verge of doing so, the only drawback is her fitness or stamina issue, and to a lesser extent, her occasional lack of focus affecting her consistency.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Without a coach ? I didn't know that, what a surprise. Her province couldn't afford one ? For someone so young, age 16, to be left to her own devices, she'd have to use her brains and compose herself whenever she faced a problem on court.

Glad to know she trounced her final opponent, 21-12, 21-11 in just 27 mins. Remarkable.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Lakshya Sen has anything but a great attacking game, man :D

20. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    So who won the under 19 nationals in China in MS and WS?