Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Li/Liu did play well yesterday at least they are regaining their good form. But it was the weakest pair from Japan, and from what I know Li/Liu shouldn't have had any problem disposing them in normal days. I don't see anything different with the CHN pair play than usual. They are good in attacking when they are in the advantage position. The problem always starts when the opponent started to get the upper hand. Anyway, I am glad they are more or less back to their usual standard.

2. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Watching CY playing AY, its very clear she doesn't have the variety of strokes to trouble her opponent. Players like her need a lot of stamina which she doesn't have and speed which AY has. I am afraid there is a limit to her progress. And she makes so many simple unforced errors!!

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's why I'm not too impressed by Chen Yufei though I like her.

In my opinion, He Bingjiao is the most talented, and then there are another three CHN WS that I think are more gifted than CYF, namely, Gao Fangjie, Cai Yanyan, and Wang Zhiyi.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well let's just let her do her best. Not every player she plays will be like AY.

5. antssantss

Retired
    CYY and WZ are my picks for the future. GF I am not so sure.
    I am looking forward to the Vietnamese Open to see whether GZZ will be playing.

6. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Some what agree with u but chen yu fei has improved a lot.She attacks much better than before.she can beat any player if she can reduce so simple unforced errors

7. antssantss

Retired
    what a shame HBJ. She was too eager to score and made mistakes which ate into her confidence. Her future is bright though.
    On another issue , its a shame that ZN 's partner is not a natural doubles player. I hope that after the WC the CBA will give him a new partner so that they can be ready for 2020. Similarly I hope that the CBA will let Z. Siwei and W. Yilwu establish a new doubles pair as they can be formidable. They have a natural bond which is important foe MD.They can, if all goes well be ready for 2020 as well. My 2 cents worth.

8. Mate

Mate Regular Member

With current talents, China can fill 5 out of top 10 in WS but not a single of them will win big title. The problem is their mentality. technique and physicality are not enough to produce a champion.

9. super-g

super-g Regular Member

I agree. She is only 21 years old. She reminds me of Carolina Marin and Tai Tzu Ying who raised their game to completely new level after losing some weight. In 2 years time she will be in top-3 permanently.

10. Zhierl

Zhierl Regular Member

Unfortunately, CBA (& coach) has tendency to make many ridiculous and stupid decision 5/6 years lately.
    Some medals chance wasted in stupid ways, some good talent retired early, other just disappear, etc etc.
    So, my confidence for future or at least Tokyo, still low (for now).

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Whats the point of being WC if you cant win some titles? you can say you just fight for WC and thats it your career.

12. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Apart from chinese top 2 mens doubles pairs china has 3 young rising pairs.hope to see more of them in near future

13. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

CBA should give new partners to lu kai who disapears from major tournments after breaking the partnership

Cheung likes this.
  14. antssantss

Retired
    Yes I agree. In the recent tournaments L.Kai seems to be a different doubles player, Granted it was XD but his front court play was impressive.
    On the whole China didn't do badly in the WC ,winning two golds,a silver in MS and a semi final in the WS. I can see the WS improving soon but the WD is lacking badly.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It's wierd the way Lu Kai has almost totally disappeared.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Two golds,and two silvers from MS and WD as it was an all-CHN WD affair, as well as two bronzes. Zhang Jun , the Head Coach for Doubles, outachieved Xia Xuanze, who managed only one silver and two bronzes, one from MS and one from WS.

17. antssantss

Retired
    What a vast improvement Liu Yuchen showed in the MD final. He used to be the weak link but here he was superb in attack and defence. He has become a natural doubles player and enjoys the game. He used to be at sixes and seven during the match. Well done the coaches to turn around a clumsy doubles player into a thoroughly effective one. Fu Haifeng was another example.

18. antssantss

Retired
    Thanks Justin for the correction.Lets hope the CBA will learn that the other countries are fast catching up. I hope they will start showcasing the juniors in the upcoming tournaments.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yup, Liu Yuchen played so well that he and his partner complement each other perfectly to beat the fast and furious JPN, Kamura/Sonoda, who are in top form, having disposed of the INA top seed and clear favourite, Marcus/Kevin.

20. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Chinese juniors are performing well except boys singles