Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

Nice review, but from your review 88D is much better than n9ii in most spec. And i just sold away my 88D. hmmmmmm

Back court smash - n9ii > 88d > 88s
    Mid court smash - n9ii > 88d > 88s
    Front court interception - 88d >= 88s > n9ii
    Flat Drive - 88s > 88d > n9ii
    Backhand drive - 88s > 88d > n9ii
    Clear - 88d > n9ii > 88s
    Drop shot - 88d > 88s > n9ii
    Net play - 88s >= 88d > n9ii
    Accuracy - 88s > 88d > n9ii
    Defense - 88s > n9ii >= 88d
    Stiffness - 88s >= 88d > n9ii
    Head heaviness - 88d > n9ii >= 88s
    Swing speed - 88s > 88d >= n9ii
    Recovery - 88s >= 88d > n9ii

2. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Yes, specs wise may seem that way, but I still choose my n9ii over the 88d on any day (not that the 88d isn't incredible ). For me, the n9ii feels much better in handling, and I just like how the weight of the frame is so well distributed giving the fast and light feeling. N9ii is still my main weapon . For those who already have and love the n9ii, I really don't see the need to change, since the n9ii is still such an excellent racquet. Perhaps maybe the astrox 99 would be a good competitor .

Since you are planning to get the n9ii, once you've tried it, you might not even look back at the 88d, because I feel that the n9ii is that good . But then again, choosing a racquet is a very subjective matter, so I'll leave that for you to decide .

#1082 Konquerian, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    kakashihatake likes this.
  3. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

Yea, Hope so, cause i dun really like 88D other than it smash and backhand drop. Hope n9ii will help me out on my bad day with DZS.
    Nice review u got there on 88D, my fren enjoy 88D.
    Shall wait for your review on astrox 99.

4. Number 14

Number 14 Regular Member

Hi, I'm in dilemma of buying n9ii or n90iv. Can anyone help to make a comparison for this two racket?

5. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    Li Ning N9ii
    Looks like dark side has claimed me.
    Will be trying it with my duo8xp

6. Konquerian

Welcome to the dark side ! I hope your n9ii will serve you well.

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    My ex has shifted from Manoj to Shreyas now.

Hope it serves him well indeed :rolleyes:

8. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

Brought n9ii, had 2 session with it. its much forgiving as compare to DZS.

Smash - 88D>DZS=N9ii ( still yet to get right sweet spot )
    Control / Accuracy - DZS>=N9ii > 88D
    Net - N9ii>=DZS > 88D
    Backhand drop - 88D> DZS > N9ii
    Defence - N9ii

i think it will excel as i use more. i need the the smash timing right for now.

9. Konquerian

So how's the n9ii treating you now? It's been a while since your post, so any new feedback so far ?

10. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

Hi there, so far, as compare to 88D, n9ii easier to handle, like u mention, even though it's a 3u racket, it swing like a 4u. Somehow it doesn't really feel head heavy as 88D.
    As for accuracy, DZS win it. But n9ii not far behind. DZS > n9ii > 88D. A lost of abit accuracy, in exchange for a for forgiving day. Worth it.

I still yet to get the full power of n9ii smash. Not sure why. Hmmm. Once smash and accuracy improve. N9ii for sure is one of the best racket. It has good defence, control and attack.!!

11. Konquerian

It took me a little while to get use to the difference in head weight and stiffness of the n9ii from the racquets that I was coming from, namely the mx-jjs and js10. And since you're coming from dzs, I think it's only a matter of time for adjusting your swing with the n9ii, and then I'm sure you'll unlock its full power .

Leo tan likes this.
  12. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

Yup, at times if I manage to get the timing and the sweet spot of n9ii, n9ii smash can be deadly.
    Hope I can the accuracy and smash right. Then n9ii will almost be a perfect racket.
    I tink coming from DZS is a tough road. Don't understand why my friends able to adapt to 88D. Most likely for them is a huge upgrade.

Anw, for Astrox. They have the rotational system. What about n9ii? Any thing special about n9ii that make it great?

13. ice man

ice man Regular Member

The N9-2 is great as it is thanks to it’s formidable balance between attack and defense… it is amazing close to the net too!

Too bad it did not come in 4U

14. Konquerian

The sweet spot of the n9ii seems a little more above center, so that might also be the culprit for your current lack of accuracy and power in your smashes. I took about 20 hours on the n9ii to fully tame the beast, so it definitely requires time to gel with it, which is the same switching to any new racquet.

As what ice man said, the n9ii is definitely great as it is. The rotational system is certainly a great concept, but I think in my opinion it might also be the caveat behind the slightly lack of power compare to n9ii. N9ii feels so balanced in my hand, albeit being slightly head heavy. Its perfectly concentrated head weight and aerodynamic frame give the n9ii the perfect combo of speed, control, and power in one package. IMO, so far, my n9ii still can't be replaced, although the new astrox 88 duo comes very close, but not quite there yet . If you feel great with a racquet, then it is the perfect racquet, for you.

#1094 Konquerian, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Leo tan likes this.
  15. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Did you try jetspeed 12? Was playing with N9-2 before but as I’m more comfortable with 4U I looked for a racquet close to N9-2 but available in 4U…

16. Konquerian

When I was looking for a racquet to switch from my js10, I did try out the js12, but I didn’t really like it. Somehow, I couldn’t quite gel with it. But then I stumbled upon the n9ii on yumo, I was attracted to the color scheme, so I gave it a shot as my first Li Ning racquet; I was hooked ever since .

I tried numerous racquets after bonding with my n9ii, but I couldn’t find anything that can convince me to switch from my n9ii. 88s and 88d certainly came close, but I just like the better overall handling of the n9ii. As of now, for me, the speed, control, and power combo of the n9ii is still unbeatable .

Have you find anything in 4u that you are settling on?

Leo tan likes this.
  17. Leo tan

Leo tan Regular Member

Nice, shall go for one more round of session today and brush up more. Will update again next week after 2 session. yup, agree, n9ii does pack with speed, control and power.

Astrox 99 coming soon, u can give it a try. (evil smile)

18. Konquerian

Practice makes perfect, so with time you should be able to see how the n9ii is working out for you.

You're actually not the first person to tell me about ax99, but sadly my wallet is not deep enough .

19. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Yes, I found in the JS12 4U a nearly perfect racquet to me, powerful, more maneuverable than N9-2 and more stable too, even on off center hits, something that happens quite often when playing high paced doubles. But I lost a little power maybe and control at the net for sure, JS12 is really stable but I find it « elastic » if you know what I mean, which can be deadly at front court! Aside these little drawbacks, to me JS12 is a really good racquet, what I was hoping the bravesword 12 to be

20. markho678

markho678 Regular Member

U should try new 75Drive then... from the spec its 4u N9-2 with more head heavy and stiff shaft...