Badminton In Seoul

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by Oldhand, Aug 19, 2007.

1. SuPeRmOtO

SuPeRmOtO New Member

Hi event,

I am staying at namdaemun Seoul till 13/12 Sunday.

Need your recommendation on where to play for high intermediate level nearby my hotel?

2. event

event Regular Member

There is very little I can help you with. As I have said, I have essentially never played in Seoul. The key would be to find a public gym and I don't believe there is any near Namdaemun. Since most of those on this list are schools, you can't guess when they will be open on a Sunday. Therefore, I would take the subway and try to get out to Magok, Gyenam, or maybe Wah-uu (Wow?) near Shinchon Stn. They are public and should be open all day on Sunday. I have no idea about the level or about how crowded they would be.

3. Herdy

Herdy New Member

Hi, I am currently studying in Seoul for a month and looking for a game but I do not bring my racquets :(. Do you know where can I play even though I do not have racquets?

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@Herdy

Wait for my reply today. I will suggest nice places for you to play in Seoul and also send the maps that can lead you to different badminton clubs in Seoul to play.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@Herdy

You can visit this website to find out more about places to play in Seoul. There is a Hongje Badminton Club there. Maps is also provided at the website to direct you to Hongje Badminton Club at the website. I think you can borrow rackets from the players at the club to play as well.

http://theseoulstop.com/pages/sports-parks-and-rec/badminton/spots/hongje-badminton.php

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@Herdy

There is also a park named Waoo Park that you can play badminton too.

The link of the website is listed below. A map is also given at the end of the website to direct you to the park.

http://theseoulstop.com/pages/sports-parks-and-rec/badminton/badminton-index.php

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@Herdy

I hope that all the information given above can help you to find places to play badminton in Seoul.

9. Iffara

Iffara Regular Member

Serving Shuttlecocks
    Hello I'm on holiday in Seoul, Itaewon Area. Any groups playing on Friday evening. I would like to join. Just a leisure player.

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@Iffara Please refer to all the messages that I have posted above. You can easily find a club to play. The easiest way is to just hop in to any badminton clubs that is near Itaewon area. You will surely be able to find groups that play on Friday evening. Hope you enjoy your stay in Korea. :)

11. event

event Regular Member

I gave some suggestions on this area in another thread. Unfortunately, the link for Yongsan-gu on Badminton Times does not always work. Boseong Girls' Middle School still apparently has an evening club. No idea what it's like or how welcoming they are to one-time visitors. Perhaps Baddiefan or another member active in that other thread actually tried it but I don't recall any feedback.

12. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Does anyone know if the Magok Gym has a badminton shop or sells badminton equipment?