Blibli INDONESIA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (03-08 July)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

This is where the problem lies, we see things differently. You think Kevin's behaviors are too much and such but Conrad's are acceptable and you defend and give excuses for every one of his behavior. I think Conrad's gesture or behavior did somehow trigger the scenes that happened afterwards. He obviously doesn't like Kevin and shows it plainly and as Kevin noticed that he tries to annoy Conrad as much as he could. And you also mentioned about Kevin should not kill the shuttle downward but to the other half of the court. That I think is ridiculous and also for Conrad to confront Kevin directly for hitting it deliberately. Conrad made the fault, the shuttle hit the floor before Conrad made the return shot at the back court. Things happened so quickly. Kevin and Kolding both didn't know there was a fault. To Kevin there was the shuttle being returned loosely, so he hit it down. And the fault was called after Kevin had swung his racket. It happened many many times with any players, there were players even got hit in right the head but neither they or their partner confronted the opponents. That was intimidation.

You only see everything Kevin does is bad and unnecessary, and everyone else's has reasons and can't be helped. That's what I called biased. What Kevin did after the match wasn't pleasant at all and I didn't approve it either, but think of the situation he was for the whole match I am sure it was a spur of the moment thing. He snapped and he couldn't see things clearly. And he almost lost the match in front of the home crowds because of it.
    You clearly didn't bother to complain much about that Malaysian player doing the cut throat gesture or whatever. And also other European players who definitely behave or celebrate overly after the match. For some of you their celebration or behavior could be funny but for some of others we see those as a disrespectful and insulting.

Just because he is a top player doesn't mean he has to change himself to be a saint. You just have to respect every player has their own character, agreeable or not. I don't think Boe or other top players had the best attitude themselves either when they were on the top of the the world.

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

As I said, spineless.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

who are you to judge he is not bitter? if he is bitter, he is bitter. his sentences are already personal to minions.

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I complained a lot about the cut throat gesture, I thought it just as unnecessary and out of place as Kevin's gesture. Go look it up, and don't you dare accuse me of bias and back it up with faulty claims.
    I will readily admit that I don't have a positive opinion of Kevin, but that has not formed randomly or because of any pre-existing bias against anything he stands for, but solely because of his behavior, which is consistently and frequently intolerable to me. I have often complained about other players that exhibit similar traits, such as Marin or Boe.
    There are quite a few occasions where I absolutely didn't like Mads Conrad's behavior either, although I'm not sure whether I commented on those on this forum, and I think in other matches vs Kevin he was unnecessarily antagonistic.
    In this match, I did not see any really faulty behavior by him. That may be because of cultural differences or similarities (Danish culture is much more similar to German culture than the Indonesian culture is), but many of his reactions are very very understandable to me and I've both reacted the same way and witnessed many others doing so. To adress the example you gave, it is considered extremely bad manners to smash the shuttle at someone's face here. I'll ask you like everybody to not misrepresent my comments, I had and have absolutely no problem whatsoever with Kevin killing the shuttle despite that fault call, I even mentioned before that I didn't even notice the call when watching the match. The issue at hand is that he smashed the shuttle right next to a defenseless player's head (defenseless as he was ducking behind the net, trying to minimize chances of being hit, and not interfering or trying to block the shot at all), risking serious injury if he hit him in the face. Mads' reaction was very understandable to me, from the gestures it appeared to me he told KSS to calm down and NOT go for the head, which is very much common around here when someone does it. Although in less regulated environments there may be the odd personal comment or questioning of one's intelligence or sanity :D
    Maybe that was a bit overboard in how he addressed it, but I will give him some leeway there, as I do to Kevin as well - he overreacted in a lot of situations as well, yet I only criticize him for the gestures and the absolute tantrum after the whole fault/challenge thing. That he got emotional in that scene is very understandable, and getting a bit too heated in his claims that it was a fault too, but stepping to the other side of the court and making gestures is just intolerable behavior. It also shows a certain arrogance - he absolutely refuses for any second that he might possibly be wrong. Before you mistake that as criticism, it's not, just an observation, but the results of this character trait are often critique-worthy, in this case his behavior to the umpire, who had no clear line of sight, and thus couldn't possibly have called a fault in Kevin's favor.
    Anyhow. This isn't supposed to be a tirade against anyone, so I'll stop there, and I also think the issue has been talked to absolute death here, but I wanted to reply to your misrepresentation of my comments and some claims you made that have no factual base.
    No hard feelings, just thought it bears correcting or elaborating. Cheers

#1384 j4ckie, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    stanleyfm likes this.
  5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Who are you to judge? You don't know me at all. All you have to go on is my posts here, none of which have shown 'bitterness' or whatever, nowhere have I claimed that the victory wasn't deserved or anything alike. I have problems with some of the behavior exhibited in (or immediately after) that match, if you think that makes someone bitter, then you'll find the world is full of bitter people :D
    Anyhow, have a nice day. :)

6. chandler_k04

chandler_k04 Regular Member

Drama on court..drama on forum.... .And I love dramas....especially those with happy ending...can you guys make one?

7. KRRacing

KRRacing New Member

In German culture, would calling other person c**t out in the public be considered an acceptable behaviour?

Attached Files:

8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

On a lighter note- Sleep well.
    My goodness. How come you have patience to write something of this length!

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

j4ckie likes this.
  9. chandler_k04

chandler_k04 Regular Member

... Time to move to Thailand open... Sleep well everyone. ..

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Maybe in friendly matches (or in Germany wherever), you try your best not to hit anyone defenseless. I don't understand what you mean by defenseless by the way. Every player on the court is defenseless so to speak. If you want to be a gentleman and try to avoid hitting 'defenseless' players then be my guest. But as you witness yourself in many matches, even kill shots could be returned by reflexes if not hit as steep as possible or to the opponent's body. As a common sense, no one would deliberately hit the opponent's face if they could help it. But who would have thought that someone's face would be right under your nose? And in this case, Kolding bent his head down toward the path of Kevin's shuttle and if it hit Kolding's head that wasn't something that Kevin intended. In fact, sometimes when you play and get too focused, the shuttle is the only thing you can see.

It could be viewed too in different perspective that it was Conrad's fault to return the fallen shuttle loosely that he endangered his defenseless partner who happened to be standing in front of Kevin's who was too ready to pounce anything coming to his way.

Kevin immediately apologized because he himself was surprised by how close his shuttle was to hit Kolding's head and you even made a cynical comment such why would Kevin apologized if he didn't do anything wrong. So pretty much if you reviewed your comments previously the last few days you kind of sounded like you have personal grudges against Kevin.

When I said that you didn't complain much about that cut throat gesture it was true. You only made 1 or two comments and you shrugged it off easily not without unnecessarily mentioned Kevin's name among others in that comment. So all my claims were not really without factual base. :)

Cheers

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

So now me complaining about it is somehow not enough, I have to post about it several times? The length some people go to twist things, unbelievable....

12. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Cultural differences seem to have an enormous influence on all these questions about who is doing something inappropriate and who is not. If someone in here seems to be blind to one's "own" players' behaviour, or downplays it, and only sees the misbehaving of the "other" part, or appears to exaggerate it, I have a feeling that it is actually more a result of cultural differences than actual plain bias.

I don't know if this is an example of it, but if someone put together this sentence where I come from, people would just laugh at the underlined part, as it literally sounds like a joke.

13. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

I know right..

Even this was way more ridiculous...

After Boe and Mogensen dispatched another home pair Fajar Alfian/Muhammad Rian Ardianto in the semifinal round of INA Open 2017, Boe celebrated with a dance as a mocking gesture.

Later in the next tournament, CHN Open 2017, Kevin reacted with the same exact sarcastic dance move after a victory against them.

[​IMG]

Moral of the story: it's like trying to mess with Batman by hurting Robin or Alfred, you're asking for trouble! Always gonna backfire, just don't! :D

This mads duo also somehow sealed their fate while they against minions in IND Open 2017 to begin with ..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now, they reap what they sow.

[​IMG]

So moral of the story is don’t mess with Minions cause if you do, everything will backfire sooner or later! :D:D:D

#1393 RoarRa, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Amlite, indrg, BojepJoe and 1 other person like this.
  14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Sigh.. do you even understand what I said..
    That was why I intentionally said "MUCH" as to refer to the quantity. Who is twisting things.. whatever it's useless to debate anyway.

15. Akim1

Akim1 Regular Member

Coach
    Lets see if Kevin/Markus can get hold of their nerves when push comes to shove. Last time they couldn't.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I understand quite clearly that your argument is simply invalid. There was no discussion there. Everybody agreed that the gesture was unnecessary and laughable, that was it. And he's not a constantly problematic figure either.

17. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

@RoarRa I find your post ridiculous for two reasons:

1: The INA open incidence with Boe and the fans is a perfect example of the cultural differences I mentioned in my previous post spiced up and disguised as the classic "chicken or the egg" dilemma. And it had nothing to do with Kevin by the way. I can hardly imagine that dance having any impact on their next match and if Kevin did the same dance after beating them the next week, it was clever and funny move and I have heard no one complain about it.

2: Including the thumbs down picture from Instagram is just plain stupid. Thumbs down for being out of the tournament. End of story.

And the whole backfire / reap as sow / karma aspect in your post.. well.. cultural differences :)

yuquall and j4ckie like this.
  18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yes, unfortunately somehow many don't see it that way. So much for the battles between players stay between the players on court.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That depends. Especially on who the person is (i.e. whether you know them), whether that person is being a c**t, or what context it's said in. And whether anyone present even speaks English. :p

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Look I am not trying to cause any debate or argument here. But you asked how could anybody think or judge you were bitter or have anything against Kevin, and I told you why. I don't have any problem with your complains or anything, but many other people would. You didn't want anyone to misinterpret your comments or whatever, so I was trying to let you know what actually could invite the misunderstanding or misinterpretation. And if you take my comments as a twisting things or criticism toward you, it's up to you.
    And I haven't been around here for long to know all your complains or comments posted in any threads towards other players so I could only say from what I have seen or heard after I joined this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.