Blibli INDONESIA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (03-08 July)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah that was Natsir/Ahmad playing better than ZN/ZYL no doubt.

ZN/ZYL had not been as strong after ZN did double duties. And not to mention personal conflict between them.
    But no excuses, Natsir/Ahmad outplayed them so Ahmad/Natsir deserved the Gold.

Amlite and Master like this.
  2. Master

Master Regular Member

Natsir's first World Champion's title in 2005 (when her age is 20) and still playing in 2018. It's a wow 13 years journey in my opinion.

SpursIndonesia, melon94 and Amlite like this.
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Indeed. She is one of a kind.

Can't help but wonder how would it be if she was paired with Zhang Nan.

4. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    I should have brought ear plugs yesterday. I thought I was gonna have temporary hearing impairment.

5. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

The fact that you can even come up with this scenario makes me wonder where in the world you come from o_O

6. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

And, sorry if I am late to the party.. Regarding this incident where Conrad perhaps touched the shuttle and tried to "cheat", Kamilla Juhl put it nicely in an interview on Danish TV after AE where she also touched the shuttle slightly with her shirt but still got the point, and thus "cheated". What she said was basically that 1, often you are not really sure yourself whether you touch it or not (in that particular case she couldn't feel it), and 2, if you are going to give your opponent(s) the point, you cannot help but think "Would my opponent(s) do the same for me?" Unless your gut feeling is a solid "Yes" to both these questions, giving your opponent(s) the point would seem ridiculous. I did not watch the match, so I don't know what Conrad's answer would be to the first question but I am pretty sure I know what he thinks of question 2.

stanleyfm and j4ckie like this.
  7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

sports are all about making memories.. lets make as many memories as possible.

8. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Exactly what happened ;)

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well to be fair, more like Ahmad/Natsir made them choked :)

melon94, Cheung and visor like this.
  10. visor

visor Regular Member

They were on fiiiiire!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Nah.. it shouldn't matter. Things just went hectic and both parties especially Kevin got carried away with his emotion. Can't blame him nor Conrad for what they did. I think Kevin was more pissed with the umpire's decision that he thought he was favoring the Danes. And to make things worse, Conrad when confronted by Kevin, made this mocking expression like "What?" "What?" with his hand behind his ear pretending that he could not hear Kevin. That kinda sealed his own fate, in my opinion:D

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

home advantage summore, anyway CPS/GLY got their good run to final round as it is very rare for them to get pass round 16 or QF in any tournaments they played...

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

On that ugly incident between Conrad and Kevin, I should think that the Indonesians would want to play the good host and make the guests feel welcome and at home with world-class hospitality as it'd earn the respect, admiration and raise the status of the country in the eyes of the world.

So some give and take based on mutual respect and goodwill, esp from the host, and letting the umpire and tournament referee do the job as best they could is the wise thing to do. I mean, that one point won or lost is not decisive, why create a scene and end up losing more than you gain on the whole.

In life, you don't always win, you win some and lose some. Turn the issue into a small problem, and make the small problem, no problem, as the Chinese saying goes.

DanNguyen and chandler_k04 like this.
  14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What are you talking about, since when the Indonesians play good hosts and make the guests feel welcome? Especially if their favorite home players were involved? The host is the king is their philosophy. :p

Strangely enough, many players seem to think this is the best venue to play in.

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

This is indeed the best tournament said BWF.

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I haven't been but heard that Indonesian Open raises standards.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That's what's so annoying too, how can you be so good at this sport yet so freaking stupid at the same time....the umpire had no line of sight on the shuttle, yet he expected him to a) not only see it clearly by some means but he also b) agree with him all the time. As soon as the umpire makes one decision that isn't in his favor, he throws a tantrum, obviously lacking the analytical capability to think the situation through just the tiniest bit.
    Also I didn't perceive Conrad's gesture as mocking at all, his facial expression was quite clearly indicating that he was annoyed with Kevin but genuinely couldn't understand him. As I said before, most likely due to the combination of the very loud crowd and Kevin's broken English, which is hard to understand at the best of times but gets even worse when emotions are running high...
    Still, I believe if BWF doesn't fine him for the gesturing after the match they're a spineless bunch of hypocritical pansies. The emotional scene in the match aside, making this kind of gesture in this environment should not be tolerated, and not be punishable only by the chair umpire - they should immediately red card players for it at the first offense, and Black card on the second, but there's always a chance for the umpire to miss something like this, so the BWF should absolutely be able and willing to sanction it afterwards. Similar to football or any other sport that has embraced the incredibly new and modern technique of looking at a freaking video.

stanleyfm likes this.
  18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

BWF didn't fine Boe when he touched an official in protest so I doubt there is going to be a fine here.

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

sounds like you are even more bitter than Conrad even though he is the one playing lol. anti minions that still cant accept the truth.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Nope. J4ckie is not bitter at all. No need to try making an argument into something personal

stanleyfm, j4ckie and chandler_k04 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.