Victor Falcon TK / Victor TK 隼

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, May 2, 2017.

1. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

Hi, coming from a JS10 4U to the Falcon. I love the speed of the JS10 but in some cases it lacks in power. First sessions with the Falcon were OK but it feels a bit heavier the the JS10 of course.

Clear forehand and backhand is easy.
    Drop is much better. The weight in the bottom of the head performs very well.
    Drive needs to adjust a bit more. Feeling is sometimes a little slow. OK coming from JS10 ;)
    Netting is fun.
    Deception is lovely.
    Smash is still a bit difficult to use. Didn't get the right timing yet... need more sessions to fire rockets. Sometimes it shows the potential of power...

2. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    Exactly what flogge30 said, apart from the feeling thing :)

And yes every now and then you do slam a few smashes down. They don't sound any where near as powerful as my prev racquet, the tk6000 but they are definitely more effective.

So after a second session,
    Smashes still aren't quite there ('there', meaning no perceived speed increase, no loud thunderclap but a dinky pop but in reality I think more effective and probably just as fast. I had to dial the power way down for this and to prevent mishits.

All the other shots are an improvement over the tk6000. And once I start playing regularly again it should come together, especially the elusive smash.

ucantseeme likes this.
  3. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    My apologies guys for not posting my review of Thruster F yet. It's been some time since i finished testing this racket but I've simply not had the opportunity to write up my review.

The last eight months have been very wearing for us as my eldest son who is 12 has been off school sick since last September. As you can imagine, this has placed a great strain on us trying to balance work, hospital appointments and looking after him. He is still off school and i cannot see him returning for a few months.

This additional burden has meant i have not been in a position to post as often or catch up on my writing duties. I will endeavor to complete my written review over the next few days and have it live next week.

I'm getting a backlog of reviews and trying to record videos, but court time has been limited hence the longer time taken to review each racket.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Paul, please accept out thoughts of sympathy and care. Please take care of yourself and your son. Best wishes to your family.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

5. bensley

bensley New Member

Family first Paul! I’m sure we can wait!

6. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Well wishes to your son Paul. Speedy recovery so he can get back to school and enjoy his time again with himself and with you. Family first before anything else. And take care always, all of you.

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

7. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    thanks for your good wishes - they are really appreciated.

Paul

8. Godsleftsock

Godsleftsock New Member

Teacher
    Seoul, South Korea (from Honolulu, Hawaii)
    I appreciate all your amazing work. Best wishes to your son and your family!

9. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    Speedy recovery for your son Paul. I can sum up the falcon review with one word. It's an oddball. Still haven't got used to it after a few sessions but still love it lol.

Aqua and paulstewart64 like this.
  10. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    TKF took around three weeks for me to get it. Now it's my go-to racket. That's why I will not review a racket based on one session or just a few hits. I take the review rackets in my bag to every training session. They are used to feed, demonstrate with and generally have a good hit with players. This gives me so much more feedback on the racket compared to a few minutes.

I saw a subscription website for racket reviews. They tested hundreds of rackets but only appeared to have limited hits with each racket. I find that hard to gauge and maybe they only show a fraction of what they actually do. I cannot review a racket based on this and need more time. We all have those days when we pick a racket out of the bag and for some inexplicable reason, do not feel the racket is right. The following it it could be perfect.

Since understanding TKF, I can honestly say i haven't had a single day of "today isn't the day for this racket." I always look forward to getting it out of my bag.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

11. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Hopefully you can also review AX88S & AX88D☺

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Anyone have a dry bp reading on this racket in 4U? Or one with string and thin overgrip is ok too. I'm thinking it's around 305mm or so according to the slightly lowish swing power of 86 as measured by Racquet Force.

13. gavannn

gavannn Regular Member

have a situation hope someone can help me out here:

i've been using a tk9900iii 4U for close to a year now, and it's just taking me a little too long to nail it down. the extreme stiffness and head weight is a little much to handle. i'm looking to trade it in for either a AX77 or TK-F. i also recently had a few hits with my friend's ZF2 4U which was a dream to use when connected, but again worry about the stiffness and headweight.

any thoughts on whether i should move to the AX77 or TKF? any quick comparison? (i've tried to search in this thread)

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    I gave up on my tk9900iii 3u, and went back to my trusty tk6000 4u and was getting quite consistent. Got me a falcon and it's taken me ages to get used to it but after a few months I think I have it under control. At first I couldn't hit it hard consistently but now I find it superior to the tk6000 in every way possible.

If you adapt fast to a 'different' racquet or have the patience then the falcon maybe for you otherwise don't bother.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

@Ch1k0 @bazzaman
    Help?

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Uhh mine is 3U.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

17. visor

visor Regular Member

No problem. Hit me with the number anyway!

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I can't remember.. I might have actually posted it earlier.. Plus it won't be accurate now with strings and towel grip.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

19. gavannn

gavannn Regular Member

appreciate the input sir but that's going from 3U to 4U.. anyone has thoughts comparing 4Us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Just picked up a 4U yesterday.

Dry specs.
    Weight 82.9g. Head weight 37.4g. Bp 304mm.

Just had it strung right off the machine, so I didn't play much with it yet, though I had a few hits with it.

First impressions, not as aerodynamic as I'd expected especially given the sword frame up top. Quite reasonably stiff... to the point where I would say it's not exactly user friendly as you can't really depend on the shaft to generate easy power.

But surprisingly it hits quite a bit more powerful than the head weight would suggest. I wonder, is it because of the larger sweetspot due to the larger frame? Can't wait to get more play time with it on Friday.

PS. And it looks way way better than AX88S/D.

#280 visor, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    ucantseeme, Aqua and Ch1k0 like this.