Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I wear M size on Uniqlo sport wear (what I use for badminton and working out). Frankly I mostly wear this brand for my everyday outfits too so I don’t have much references. I can wear L size too if a shirt is cut on the snug side as I like them not too tight. Otherwise I’m 181 cm for 79Kg.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

*deleted

#11102 yuquall, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Then you'll probably need L or XL. I'm 1,90 and about 81kg, and I need XL or XXL usually. Some shirts are slightly bigger or smaller, but generally you'll need L, or XL to be on the safe side to avoid it being too tight. You're shorter than I am, but apparently not much lighter, so it's hard to be certain. Also try to look out whether the shirts are slim fit, in those you'll definitely need XL (I have XXL in those).

LenaicM likes this.
  4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ah, I misunderstood, thought you meant Media as in broadcasted matches, not cloudshare or sth

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Sorry, my mistake. Should have said network access. :)

6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Will go for XL then.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You're welcome. If you don't mind a slightly looser shirt, that size will definitely be okay for you.

8. Sdrqaz

Sdrqaz Regular Member

Lin Dan has quite a tough draw in the Malaysia Open this year; it'll be hard for him to successfully defend his title from last year. He'll probably encounter Shi Yuqi In the second round, Chen Long in the quarters, and Axelsen/LCW in the semis :eek:

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Indeed, one big hurdle after another from R2, at the very least, I should expect both Shi Yuqi and Chen Long, assuming he gets past them,to soften him up considerably, leaving him half-spent for the semifinal clash with VA/LCW, presumably.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Boy, the excuses start early this time :D I'll actually be surprised if he makes it past SYQ, given their respective recent form. CL, not so much, he looked dreadful at the TC compared to 2016.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Originally, I also wrote Shi Yuqi might well stop Lin Dan in R2 but thought better of making any such predictions to stir up needless arguments, and I at the same time considered the WTS1000 INA Open the week after where practically all the top guns have to compete as well so there's a need for them to pace themselves properly for the two prestigious events, except that Lin Dan has substantial ranking points to defend at the MAS Open as the reigning champion while not much for the INA Open where he exited in R1.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's certainly not controversial at this point, although I wouldnt be terribly surprised if LD manages to eke out a win vs SYQ, he basically has to keep the rallies long and run much less than SYQ, should take SYQ's pace down quite a bit, as well as his ability to get behind the shuttle. Problem with that is that SYQ actually seems to patient to feed into LD's counter attack much...well, we'll know it when we know it I guess :D

13. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I don't think LD should prolong the rallies against SYQ, as it is likely to open up more opportunities for SYQ to attack but instead should focus on dominating the net. He cannot afford to give SYQ too many smashing opportunities. SYQ does seem to get behind the shuttle pretty well for a tall player, especially on the forehand side which is dangerous for LD.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

LD strategy at this point appears to keep rallies long-ish to really push his one advantage - he runs less than almost any other player. Partly because of his technical abilities, partly because of his decision-making (shot choices) , but mostly because of his anticipation and reading of the game.
    Against SYQ LD has to watch out not give him too many high lifts, as he has shown patient yet dangerous attack, but rather keep tugging him around the court. What LD wants is opponents attacking out of position, that feeds his counter-attacking, which is still exceptional. His defensive shots alone produce points, but he also kills off a lot of flat lifts forced by opponents having to scamper the entire diagonal and being late and out of balance again.
    At least that's my take on it, I don't think he has the blistering pace on all-out attack that LCW is still showing at times (TC, most recently). With Momota returning to the scene full-time, there's another player that'll make it really hard for LD to win titles - he's quite patient within the rally, yet has great attack and net play, I don't really see how LD could beat him with the age difference being as it is. He'll have to hope someone else takes him out for him, I guess :D

Sdrqaz likes this.
  15. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Never Count Lin Dan out, says Indonesian Great Hendrawan

“If we look at Lin Dan condition right now, he is in good shape as he just won the New Zealand Open early May. He will also be playing in the US Open (next week). So, this shows that he really wants to improve his ranking because only two players from each country can play in the Asian Games.”

“Lin Dan will definitely go all out at the Malaysian Open, besides, he is also the defending champion,” added Hendrawan.

In last year’s edition, Lin Dan lifted his first ever Malaysian Open title after hr defeated Lee Chong Wei in the final match in Kuching, Sarawak.

Meanwhile, Hendrawan said although Lee was handed a tough draw, but it’s going to be a good test for him before he plays at the World Championship in Nanjing, China (July 30 to August 5) and the Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia (Aug 18 to Sep 2).

“It’s hard because the world’s best 32 players will play at the Malaysia Open, and if he can win the Malaysia Open, it’s going to boost his confidence before the World Championships and Asian Games,” said Hendrawan.

http://www.badmintonplanet.com/badminton-news/12246-never-count-lin-dan-malaysia-open.html

Justin L likes this.
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If Lin Dan is to be one of the two CHN MS players entered for the Asian Games, he cannot afford to lose too many ranking points at the MAS Open where he's the defending champion.

The main worry is the draw where all five, namely, Viktor Axelsen, LCW, Shi Yuqi, Chen Long and Lin Dan are in the top half,with VA and LCW in the same first quadrant and SYQ, LD and CL in the second quadrant.

At the same time, Kento Momota looks good for a finalist in the second half of the draw. On the whole, a top heavy draw, in my opinion.

17. Nine Tailed Fox

So, the battle towards supremacy starts...

18. Nine Tailed Fox

@j4ckie Is this rally the proof that Lin Dan is the Greatest of ALL Time?

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

With that draw I just dont see LD making it. One of the other 4 is bound to have a good tournament, and currently I'd say except for CL, they're all stronger than LD right now. Thats not to say he can't beat them, but either he needs an exceptional day or they need to have a (somewhat) bad one. That being said, he can always get into LCWs head if LCW doesn't smash him 2-0, so in case of a third game in that match I'd say it's a coin toss regardless of Form on the day.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Apparently, Hendrawan disagreed with you though I myself think he's a bit too optimistic.

As it is, of the three CHN MS in the running for the two AG spots, SYQ, CL and LD, the last named is currently ranked 10 in the BWF WR, that tells us what Lin Dan needs to do at the US Open, the MAS Open WTS750 and the INA Open WTS1000, to edge out one of the two CHN teammates, most likely CL, for the AG ticket.