Adidas Badminton returns - interview and information

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Cheung, Jan 24, 2018.

1. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    @s_mair Where did you even have the contact of Adidas Badminton in Germany? And how did you get hands on their rackets? I mean.. i am more than happy to write reviews and such. :)

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I was contacted by the Adidas badminton divison (located in HK) directly and have been in contact with them eversince. Good thing is that I immediately got the impression that they really care and know about badminton. And more important, they seem to have an open ear to the needs and requests from normal players - and I know for sure that they are following BC and other user forums closely.

3. phihag

phihag Regular Member

4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Just checked how to pronounce “wucht” in german by curiosity and definitely not what I expected... Correct me if I’m wrong but it goes like: “vurt”. Would have pronounce it like “woocht” at first sight.

5. phihag

phihag Regular Member

That's most of the fun: The German ch sound does not exist in the mainline of most languages except for Arabic, Dutch, Danish and Spanish. Its IPA rendering here is [X]. Wikipedia's English examples are not helpful since they only occur in specific dialects. It does list the r in proche for French, but my impression with limited French skills is that the sound is rather rare in French.

Given that Adidas seems intent on marketing their badminton gear everywhere except in Germany (no hits on the German site), I think this naming is rather questionable. At least use the first character in the name - why not Wucht W8? After all, that's what the car companies which want to stress their German image do.

In contrast, every European and Asian can pronounce Duora, Ultramate, and X Feel without any trouble, especially if they can speak some English.

Fidget and LenaicM like this.
  6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I agree. That’s also one of the big question for Adidas badminton in the European market. There isn’t much information, if not at all, about their upcoming products. Same in France.

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

from what I know it is planned to enter the European market this July. There will also be a whole new racket series called "Kalkül".
    If you want a good teaser, @DuckFeet has posted a very, very, very detailed review of the Kalkül A5 in the Adidas rackets 2018 thread.

phihag, LenaicM and DuckFeet like this.
  8. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Great review and it looks like Adidas did fairly well.

9. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Thanks! I did not expect to make direct comparisons to Li Ning build quality, so I'd say that's an understatement.

LenaicM likes this.
  10. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Will this include badminton shoes? I for one am not interested in rackets from any brand, since I only break one or two per year on average, and can easily get used to another racket. With shoes on the other hand are very hard to find for a flatfoot such as myself; most shoes outright hurt within minutes of stepping on court.

11. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Sounds like you could invest into custom soles

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I don't know for sure, but it would only make sense. As far as I've understood, the shoes are designed at Adidas AG in house and not by their racket partner in HK. But I know what you mean - I have my eyes fixed on those Wucht P8 Boost shoes for months now (weird that the shoes is called exactly three same as the racket...)! Must be a killer shoe regarding cushioning.

July is not that far, so let's just wait and see what happens.

13. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Yes, in many shoes I play with custom-built soles.

However, my sole builder only allows me to chose between standard, sports, and performance sports. Performance sports is meant for serious runners and too thick for my taste, but even with normal sports soles most shoes don't feel right and start to hurt after a couple of rallies. I loved the old Adidas badminton shoes, but unfortunately I neglected to buy enough in advance, and am basically on my last pair (maybe a little bit more with some recycling of different components which wore out faster or slower).

14. lostLore

lostLore Regular Member

Anyone tried this pair of adidas shoes before? The Adidas Uebershall f7? Looks sick

[​IMG]e Adidas Uebershall f7? Looks sick

15. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

No, but it looks more or less the same as Adizero Feather...known for the lightest badmintonshoes on market. I liked them alot!

16. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

Do you think there will be new adidas strings or the old string references will be back ?

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I know that they are currently developing a line up of new strings. I have no information about the planned release date though.

18. tburna

tburna New Member

nothing adidas badminton in europe... its a shame i need new shoes hahahah

19. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You don't get a nice buy through Han?;)

20. tburna

tburna New Member

yeah i wanted to check the new babolat they look similar to the adidas bt feather which i played since 5 or 6 years... but now i cant get any of them :( 3 years ago i bought on the adidas shop 5 pair but the last pair died this time... i ordered some salming hawk to test... i will see...