Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. lippro

lippro Regular Member

LD having fun, fans going ballistic saying he's slacking off--typical BC stuff. Cut him some slack guys. He's done it all in badminton. If he decides he wants to goof off a little, who are we to judge?

Abu Tanki, TheNotorious and skhai91 like this.
  2. skhai91

skhai91 Regular Member

Engineer
    So this is from the contest show. From the way LD said it, it's really no surprise that he's lost a lot of his hunger after winning pretty much every title there is to win. Can we really blame him for wanting to kick back and relax after more than a decade of relentless commitment to the sport?[​IMG]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

tbgoh288, Abu Tanki, visor and 4 others like this.
  3. lippro

lippro Regular Member

A sign of a man already content with what he has when he can just acknowledge it bluntly and nonchalantly like that

skhai91, Justin L and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe Xia Xuanze doesn't pin any hopes on Lin Dan to deliver the goods or shoulder the heavy burden of CHN MS, it's Chen Long that he places hopes in. So I doubt XXZ will give Lin Dan a dressing down for failing to live up to expectations except for the team majors where he knows LD will take it very seriously with a sense of duty and mission.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol... he has so many he couldn't keep track how many world titles he has... "17, 18, 19"...

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For sure next year he will as usual just concentrate on one or two major events, WC and Thomas Cup, the rest of the time he would only play the necessary tournaments to earn enough qualification ranking points as required.

We Lin Dan fans should be convinced by now and come to terms with it, he is thoroughly enjoying life outside badminton apart from putting his family first, so don't expect him to live and breathe badminton anymore which has taken a backseat , what with so many other distractions, eg going into business, living a celebrity lifestyle, doing all sorts of product endorsements, taking part in both official and unofficial activities unrelated to badminton to support and promote certain social causes, and now taking up singing, apart from his contractual obligations with Yonex, including the Legends Vision.

Indeed, there should be life outside any professional sport for any athlete, the more so for one who has won it all, with nothing more to prove and, practically, no more heights to conquer, except perhaps a third Olympic gold in Tokyo 2020 having failed to do so in Rio'16; but , honestly, that's too far-fetched if you ask me.

Realistically, we have to settle for Lin Dan appearing in fewer international tournaments and at most winning a couple of titles going forward until his eventual retirement. Personally, I really hope he just give his one last final best shot next year either at the Nanjing World Championships or the Asian Games 2018 or both, go out with a bang and then announces his official retirement; after that, play the professional leagues for a while more, if he likes or start a professional league of his own as he once said he would consider.

skhai91, stanleyfm and Abu Tanki like this.
  7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Why has Lin Dan removed red bull logo from his Jersey from last two tournaments?

Is he not a part of the national team?

23754988_1596662373726799_4049677197470819895_n.jpg

8. Nine Tailed Fox

9. soami

soami Regular Member

He has performed poorly in other departments. Has had only Zhao Yaqi to boot.
    Should ve some motivation in that direction. But XXF, travelling with him everywhere, is making it tough.
    She should cut him some slack after so may world titles. WTF.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What are you driving at ? Leave it to the couple, respect their privacy and their wishes, we've no right to interfere. Just give them our blessings.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

Ng Ka Long Angus pays fitting tribute to Lin Dan

[​IMG]

“I am disappointed because I wanted to do well at home like last year. In the first game, I played smoothly and I had the better side so I could play how I wanted. Then he had the better side in the second game and was very good at playing his pushes and his lifts, I didn’t get much chance to attack.

“At 16-11 in the third game, I thought I could win but then Lin Dan became more determined and again he had the better side so that was to my disadvantage. I didn’t play as quickly as in the first game and I lost focus. I think my stamina fell.

“His experience showed in the last few points. He played like a champion and, when he does that, it’s hard to beat him.”

http://bwfworldsuperseries.com/news...s-it-day-3-yonex-sunrise-hong-kong-open-2017/

Justin L likes this.
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If I'm not wrong, in the masked singing contest, that was Lin Dan's very first round performance, he'd probably qualify for the next stage, which means we will be seeing him singing again soon. I guess that's why he's not keen to try and qualify for the year-end Dubai SSF. Just saying.

13. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Another loss to Shi Yuqi :( His stamina seemed to flag in that third game, that's a concern for the future

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lin Dan's time and effort as well as his mind are split between badminton and the singing contest these past few weeks, which undoubtedly affected him. That's all for him this year.

Let's see how he fare next year. Hope for the best.

#10634 Justin L, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  15. Nine Tailed Fox

Lin Dan will drop out of Top 10 next year. and Finally retire at Nanjing WC but qualification could be a trickster!...In that case, China Level 2 Star 5 Open could be the farewell destination.

16. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Lin Dan's singing performance should be made the soundtrack of China Open

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I never thought Lin Dan can sing and sing so well until I watched that masked singing video. To be honest, if Lin Dan weren't such a great badminton player, his singing won't interest or pique my curiosity at all.

18. Nine Tailed Fox

In 2007, Lin Dan played his first ever BWF Super Series match against Taufik Hidayat winning 21-17 23-21. In 2017, Lin Dan played his last ever Super Series match against Shi Yuqi , losing 21-13 17-21 15-21.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

One more thing, when Lin Dan won the MAS Open early this year beating LCW on the latter's homeground, Xie Xingfang said something like, the Lin Dan I know is back, total concentration, no distracting thoughts.

But that wasn't the case at the China Open followed by the HK Open. The masked singing contest ,what else.

20. Nine Tailed Fox

Post Match Comments.

Lin Dan : Snubbed Media. To be fined by BWF.

Shi Yuqi : . “Against Lin, I tried not to lose too much in the first game with an aim of extending the match to three games because I knew his fitness level would drop. It worked and I was able to dig deep in the third game to pull off a victory,”

Lee Chong Wei : ''The entire Badminton Community wants to see Lee-Lin match, not only me.''