Nozomi Okuhara ( 奥原希望 )

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Gjcly

Gjcly Regular Member

So she’s playing in Denmark open. How is her knee injury holding up? How severe is the injur?

2. Master

Master Regular Member

I don't think she will playing there, or else she just attending the match for preventing the penalty. But remember that she already had withdrawn from next French SS.

Let's invite @kurako for her proper translation of this:

From my understanding, she's arrived in Denmark already. She saw a tournament banner within Victor Axelsen's photo there. She was cooking herself for the first day using hot pot. She saying thank for all the support and worrying her. Some statement because of penalty if you don't stand with the rules on court. She likes to standing over that rules for the time being. Don't react over and please trust in her.

#262 Master, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    the penalty is waived for a legitimate documented injury.

4. Master

Master Regular Member

@samkool I know that injury will make exemption. But then I need to know the exact translation from that tweet since she mention about injury and the question also about her withdrawing from French SS.

If there wasn't any injury, she should be able to continue playing at French SS.

5. kurako

kurako Regular Member

If it is any help, the bottom paragraph of the tweet reads something like, "Thank you for your support. According to the rules, there will be a penalty if I do not stand on court and, therefore, I will appear on court. I won't overdo it, so please don't worry."

It looks like she is going hit the shuttle,...at least a little.

Incidentally, I am female.

Quentin11, stanleyfm, Master and 2 others like this.
  6. Master

Master Regular Member

@kurako Thanks and I'm sorry for the mistake :cool:
    So, my prediction about she's playing there to avoid the penalty is correct and we can assume that she will do her best with carefully prevent any further injury. It could be understandable if she forcing to play here at Denmark since any points here giving additional point for her Destination Dubai Ranking. She's No.4 at the moment. I believe she's able to reach at least QF and getting 6050 points after all.

Then she could maintain the healing of her injury with her absent in French SS. Grabs some fresh energy for China SSP and Hong Kong SS.

stanleyfm likes this.
  7. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

@kurako your skill in Japanese has been a treasure for all of us. arigato gozaimashita :D

Quentin11 likes this.
  8. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

But in the end she withdraws. Her name has been erased from the TS draw
    https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=F8280BD3-001D-467E-A3F7-40DF248A495C&draw=4

9. Master

Master Regular Member

@stanleyfm After all, the progression could happened after she's done practice session I guess.

Since in the beginning I'm not so sure she will play at Denmark SSP after her withdrawing from French SS 2 weeks ago.
    But she'd just arrived in Denmark when I check her official twitter. And I didn't find her name here (official Denmark SSP website) that mentioning some players have withdrawn before TS website updated.

10. kurako

kurako Regular Member

In a revised list of players issued by the NBA on October 25, Okuhara has been removed from the Hong Kong Open 2017. She is still up for the China Open, although this may change.

According to media reports, her focus has shifted to the Dubai World Superseries Finals, and being in optimum condition for that event is her immediate priority.

stanleyfm likes this.
  11. raymond8

raymond8 Regular Member

Manager
    so sad to hear that! I missed last year's Hong Kong Open. Her fans in HK will be very disapointed......

12. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Here's the link to the document: https://www.badminton.or.jp/news/2017/20171114_chn_hk.pdf.

On the bright side, you will see some players in Hong Kong, who are not usually given permission to feature in SS tournaments, such as Tsuneyama Kanta, Ohori Aya, and Takahashi Sayaka (all National Team B).

Quentin11 likes this.
  13. raymond8

raymond8 Regular Member

Manager
    Thanks! I like Aya Ohori very much, haha! Many B team players come to HK Open for the last year, may be HK is near by Japan. I hope can see Enrico Hirose this year, now she is the coach of the B team since she retired few years ago.

14. Master

Master Regular Member

At least Nozomi had already sealed the slot in Dubai SSF since she's automatically qualified as world champion.

So far, Akane will have a greater chance to accompany her in Dubai SSF

15. Aventus

Aventus New Member

There is no penalty if you're injured. You won't be penalized if you don't play.

BWF can require you to come to the event for photos, autographs, and interviews however. That's why Nozomi went to Denmark.

16. Master

Master Regular Member

I know that injury will make exemption. My statement have relation with her tweet that's why I mention wording penalty.

My posting above gives more explanation with some pretty translation help from @kurako also mentioning Nozomi's reason "there will be a penalty".

Failure to fulfill media obligations gives you US$ 500 penalty.

And from my perspective, Nozomi also have plan to try playing on-court too so there isn't her name in early withdrawal list published at the official website. But then she decided to pull-off.

17. Aventus

Aventus New Member

Or maybe she just wanted to travel to Denmark and do some sightseeing :D:p

18. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

I wholly understand Nozomi's focus on the Dubai Finals. It was such a pivotal and emotional moment in her career, she came in as the lowest seed following great success in Japan Open (winning her first superseries title) and Hong Kong (final) and only lost ONE game in the whole competition in the final, after beating the then-unbeatable Carolina Marin twice in a row, and went on to take the crown against all expectations.

Not to mention that because of her injuries after the all england year (knee) and throughout the season she could not even qualify for the 2016 Dubai Finals. Understandable that she wants to maximize her chance this year to take back the crown :) Back to back tournaments have not worked so well for her fitness-wise

19. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

@kurako

Is she going to be playing in All Japan? And what about this S/J league?

20. kurako

kurako Regular Member

The players list for the All Japan Championships has not been made public yet. Whatever the case, I am guessing that Okuhara will have secured a (discretionary) place on National Team A, anyway.

As far as the S/J League is concerned: The action started yesterday, and the women's team of Nihon Unisys played against San-in Godo Bank (result: 3-0). Two doubles and one single match took place, but Okuhara did not make an appearance. In her stead, 19-year-old newcomer Ebihara Shiori played, and won (2-1)! Incidentally, the Taka-Matsu pair did not show up either. It obviously was not necessary.

stanleyfm and Quentin11 like this.