Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

What tension have you guys been stringing them at? I've been struggling mine 28/29lbs since I've got them and I haven't had any issues. I change the overlapping grommets which have a string over them to help me restring but other from that I haven't changed the first set from when I got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. eiji

eiji Regular Member

New products showcase video by e78

ucantseeme likes this.
  3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Victor and it's distributors have absolutely no way to tell if a racket broke through misadventure or QC issues, so they largely just not honor their warranty. I'm a completely middle-of-the road player and somehow managed to break a TK9000 - the only racket I've ever broken - and Victor AU didn't warranty it.

A really simple solution to not piss off their customers, would be to offer a new racket for wholesale price or something like that. They're making major hits to their loyalists and if they keep this up, people will jump-ship to other brands.

It's easier to keep a customer than it is to get a new one.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Just having a racket which don't have the defect, don't mean that this issues don't exist. A lot people here have these issues, regardless which tension. I could name a half douzen of fellow forumers who experienced this on several and various rackets from Victor. Got a PM box full of questions which grommet strips fit on JS10. So this problem is a serious thing.

Let's imagine a user use the warant 27 lbs with Aerosonic. He has a high chance of sunken holes on a new Victor. I got a JS10 from a client. First job done by the shop with Aerosonic at 27lbs and he has this issue, too. On the first job! It's simply not the case that the grommets are poor and get cut and cut the frame, the graphite is sometimes so thin that even with the T-shaped grommets from @JJ0907 you can't prevent this issue. Never experienced this on an earlier Victor. Using their rackets since 2010. If BS10, BS12, MX80, TK8000, TK7000, TK6000 or SW35. None of them had this issues.

s_mair likes this.
  5. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

I have a few of them and I haven't had any issues, maybe I'm just lucky. My previous Victor rackets like the LHI, BS11, BS12 never encountered any of these sinking holes problems. Maybe there's been a factory change or material change since the bs range?

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

That new JS12 needed more purple on it, particularly on the hoop.
    But even before the pan got that far I thought "N9-II rip-off";).

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    We are talking here about the 2015 to present rackets which have this issues. The issue also encountered one forumer on his BS LHI. To be fair it is a normal worn out. But happening on new rackets after the first jobs is IMO something which is a no-go.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/top-grommet-holes-wearing-out.158529/

From the JS12 thread the sunken holes issues where named by Victor on an expo and fixed for the new colourway of the JS12. So Victor knows about this issue and improved. Read on this site:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/victor-jetspeed-12.162729/page-60

If the JS10Q is also improved like the new JS12, which batches of the old JS10 and JS12 are affected etc. we don't know. How Victor treat customers with broken rackets or racket which have an extreme form of this issue and need special maintenance, I try to find out. That there might been issues in the past was may also the reason of TK9900 recall and on/off with 3 versions over 2 years.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Word of caution for anyone interested in the 11R. I have held and swung it at the shop now. If you expect it to be anything like a classic bravesword. Be prepared to be disappointed. The "Sword" frame is a joke now. It's so blunt and bulky they should have just named it a Jetspeed. Granted it feels solid and properly stiff when swinging now with a good bit of head weight.

But swinging a 4U next to a 3U original BS11, it is nothing similar at all. Stiffness is different, the way the shaft flexes is different, one redeeming point to me is the use of 76 hole 2+4 pattern (like the JS12 basically), the shaft is shorter, and the handle is longer (exact same length as the HX900 and JS12 handles). All in all I'm very unimpressed by it tbh. It looks more like an attempt to revive the JS9 instead of the venerable BS11.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

9. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    what's the point to make a revival of a racket if you change every single characteristic of it ...
    i thought addind a modern stringing pattern on it was a good idea but if what you've said is confirmed, it's bad ...

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I kid you not. Even a regular HX frame has a sharper edge.

11. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    ^^^ I did suspect that but thought it was just the way the photos were taken.

If that's the case, I think Victor has missed a trick - and a big one at that!

ucantseeme likes this.
  12. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Do someone has the occasion to hold a HX990? how does it feel?

13. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

Can anyone remind me of what the Victor serial codes mean again? Some one posted it a while ago and I can’t seem to remember where I’ve seen it, thanks

14. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Is the new JP10Q 2017 same spec with the original JP10?

15. sunsaki

sunsaki Regular Member

Hi all,
    I've been playing with the BS-11 for the past few years. BS no longer produced by Victor & I was wondering if there are any alternatives similar

16. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    The BS11 is my favourite racquet as well (along with the BSLHI which is identical), but I've managed to switch to the BS12 fairly easily. It is generally not quite as stiff but as QC varies with Victor, I have a couple of examples which are close enough in stiffness.

I'm personally waiting for the JS11 to see if that bears any similarities to the BS11.

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I've stopped holding my breath for Victor anymore tbh. They just fail me at every turn in ways that's matter to me. I'm saving myself the disappointment by stocking up on the good old stuff. Just as some folks have their Ti10s. I have my pre-2013 victor rackets <3

18. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    fan club of grommet sinking machines!
    kidding
    i too own a thrusterk8000 and soon to be an owner of hx800p.
    question- is it a suitable trade in for duo10?

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Errr nope. Very different racket IMO. Hits even harder. Smaller head than the Duora10. I quite liked it but it never gelled well with me sadly.

shreyas666 likes this.
  20. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    lets see! i want something solid than duo10. HX800p should complement my tk8000 in a better way.
    moving away from compact heads, trading in zf2 for 80etune as well