Chinese National Games September 2017 Question

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by 945804, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Women's Team, R2, 31 Aug:

PLA 2:3 Guangxi

WS1 Li Yun beat Dong Wenjing, 21-13,21-19
    WD1 Xiao Jia/Zheng Yu lost to Tang Yuanting/Huang Mengmiao, 10-21,13-21
    WS2 Zhang Yiman lost to Chen Xiaoxin, 21-16,14-21,14-21
    WD2 Li Xuerui/Gao Ziyao beat Lu Lu /Liu Yanling, 21-19, 14-21,21-11
    WS3 Shen Yaying lost to Lu Yanfei, 19-21.21-15,15-21

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    [​IMG]
    Thursday, August 31, 2017

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-08/31/c_136571102.htm

Chen Long expects to play against Lin Dan at National Games
    Source: Xinhua| 2017-08-31 15:43:26|Editor: Liangyu
    [​IMG]

Video PlayerClose

TIANJIN, Aug. 31 (Xinhua) -- Olympic badminton champion Chen Long expected to play against Lin Dan at the 13th National Games, billed as China's mini Olympics.

The badminton competitions at the National Games includes men's and women's team events, singles and doubles events.

Chen, 28, representing the team of Fujian province, came from behind to beat Gao Xiangfu of Sichuan province 15-21, 21-9, 21-9 in the second round of group match in men's team event here on Thursday.

It was Chen's first match at the Games as he was absent from yesterday's first round. Chen was defeated by Axelsen in the semifinals of the World Championships last week, after which he and his national teammates came back directly from Glasgow, Scotland to Tianjin, 140 kilometers southeast of Beijing, the host city of China's 13th National Games.

"I'm still in jet leg. We stayed in Glasgow for 13 days and just got adjusted to the local time. So I didn't perform well in the first match of the National Games, but I believe I will play better afterwards," said Chen.

According to the draw, the 33-year-old Lin will have a possible clash with Chen in the semifinals of the men's singles and Chen admits this will a meeting he most expects.

"At the National Games, the shuttler I want to play against most is definitely Lin Dan," said Chen.

Lin, a two-time Olympic and five-time world champion, is always dominant in the National Games, held every four years. He has participated in four National Games since 2001 and entered all of the four men's singles finals. He won gold medals in 2005, 2009 and 2013, and will fight for a fourth consecutive crown at the Games for yet another record.

Chen never won the gold medal at the National Games. Four years ago at the National Games, Chen had a lackluster performance as he only reached the quarterfinals in the men's singles. However, this year Chen beat Lin for two consecutive times, including the victory in the final of the Badminton Asia Championships.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    [​IMG]
    Thursday, August 31, 2017

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-08/30/c_136568966.htm
    Lin Dan claims hard-fought opening victory at National Games
    Source: Xinhua| 2017-08-30 22:26:50|Editor: Song Lifang
    [​IMG]

Video PlayerClose

TIANJIN, Aug. 30 (Xinhua) -- Lin Dan were pushed to three sets before winning his first match at the 13th China's National Games here on Wednesday, only three days after his World Championships loss to Denmark's Viktor Axelsen.

The badminton competitions at the National Games, billed as China's mini Olympics, includes men's and women's team events, singles and doubles events.

Lin, representing the team of Beijing, were stretched but eventually clinched the victory over Sheng Xiaodong of Tianjin 18-21, 21-15, 21-7 in the opening round of group match in men's team event.

"Just now I'm afraid of getting asleep on the court because of the jet lag. But this is a problem facing all of my teammates of the national team who just took part in the World Championships. We have to overcome it," said Lin, who had to settle for silver after losing 20-22, 16-21 in the World Championships final to Axelsen.

After the World Championships, the 33-year-old Lin and his Chinese teammates came back directly from Glasgow, Scotland to Tianjin, 140 kilometers southeast of Beijing, the host city of China's 13th National Games. They arrived in Tianjin yesterday and most of them start to play their first match at the National Games today.

Lin is always dominant at the National Games, held every four years. He has participated in four National Games since 2001 and entered all of the four men's singles finals. He won gold medals in 2005, 2009 and 2013, and will fight for a fourth consecutive crown at the Games for yet another record.

"This should be my last National Games. I have played at the Games for 20 years," said Lin.

"I'm a bit tired now, but I will try my best in both men's team and men's singles events. However it will be very difficult as some young talents from provincial team and national team have prepared for the National Games for a long time."

The team of Beijing, also including Olympic and world champion Zhang Nan, eventually beat Tianjin 3-0.

Besides Lin, Rio Olympic gold medalists Chen Long, Fu Haifeng and Zhang Nan, newly-crowned world champion Chen Qingchen, and other shuttlers who have recently retired from international competition such as Wang Shixian and Wang Xiaoli also represent their respective home provinces or municipalities in the country's premier sporting event.

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

@Justin L

Can you review the MS draw of Chinese National Games?

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I only know the participants' names, not the draw.

Some of the names are: Chen Long, Lin Dan, Du Pengyu, Guo Kai, Hu Yun,Huang Yuxiang, Lu Guangzu, Qiao Bin, Ren Pengbo, Shi Yuqi, Sun Feixiang, Tian Houwei, Wang Zhengming, Wu Xin, Ng Kah Long, Zhao Junpeng, Zhou Zeqi, a couple others whom I don't know. Total 24 MS players.

Chen Long said he's expected to meet Lin Dan in the semifinals, apparently they are drawn in the same half, unfortunately.

Lin Dan has announced this will be his last and final CNG, after all it's a quadrennial event. How many four years does he have ?

#205 Justin L, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The individual WS event name lists (partial, only those I'm familiar with): Chen Xiaoxin, Chen Yufei, Fan Mengyan. Gao Fangjie, Han Li, He Bingjiao, Hui Xirui, Li Xuerui, Li Yun, Sun Yu, Wang Shixian, Wang Yihan, Wang Zhiyi, Yip Pui Yin, Zhang Yiman, and others, Total 24 WS participants.

Good to see Li Xuerui playing for the CNG WS title.

From HK, only Yip Pui Yin, no Cheung Ngan Yi , surprisingly.

#206 Justin L, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  7. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

To get a rough idea of the individual draws, see the second post in Page 2. The source website with the full draws is currently not available. But from the list of notables, you can get some ideas. The numbers correspond to positions in a 128 knock-out format, e.g. LD (#1) and CL (#33) will meet at the semi-final stage, if both can go that far. The other finalist will come from positions #65 and above.

8. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Nice to see Wang Yihan in the list. I hope she does well.

9. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  10. Nine Tailed Fox

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Is WSX playing?

12. Nine Tailed Fox

Playing with Chen Long's heart. Cuddling him, teasing him. Has she robbed him of all his sorrows?

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For R3 Men's Team, morning session, 1st Sep:

Fujian 3: 1 Zejiang
    MS Chen Long beat Ren Pengbo, 21-14,21-9
    MD Liu Xiaolong/Liu Cheng lost to Wang Sijie/Zheng Siwei, 7-21,21-18,13-21
    MS Tain Houwei beat Huang Yuxiang, 15-21,21-12,21-9
    MD Han Chengkai/He Jiting beat Wang Yilu/Zhou Haodong, 27-25,19-21,24-22

Hubei 3:0 Guangxi

Sichuan 3:2 PLA

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ukfbk and pcll99 like this.
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

R3 Men's Team evening session coming up:

Beijing vs Zhejiang

MS Lin Dan vs Bai Yupeng

MD Zhang Nan/Yu Xiaoyu vs Zhang Sijie/Cai Ruiqing

MS Qiao Bin vs Xu Yiming

MD Liu Yuchen/Qi Shunagshuang vs Song Ziwei/Ren Zhijun

MS Du Pengyu vs Shi Yuqi

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

HK Men's Team will be playing Hubei, I'm keen on Ng Kah Long playing Sun Feixiang, not sure if there's any livestream for it on Ct3

HK's Lee Chiuk Yiu and Wei Nan are also on duty as MS2 and MS3 against unknown opponents. HK is expected to prevail

18. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    How does Chen Long represent Fujian? I thought he was born in Hubei?

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Born in Hubei but grew up in Fujian and playing for Fujian since then.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member