Looking for my first Li-Ning Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Shofro, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Nicholas Tam

Nicholas Tam Regular Member

Hobo Student
    Who needs women when you're in love with your own racket?

dave010 likes this.
  2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

You made the wrong choice because the N80 is like the best racket ever!

...just kidding, enjoy your N9II. ;)

3. Shofro

Shofro New Member

Well my girlfriend wants to use it all the time so I think that is a plus? :rolleyes::D

I will! And maybe I'll get the N80 too someday - sure i want to own the best racket ever :p

Rob3rt likes this.
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hard to tell without knowing your girlfriend... :p
    At least I'm a bit glad that my wife does not play badminton - else I could say good bye to the N9II in an instant.

You know, there will be a point in time when all your raving about the N80 will reach a point where I just have to get one myself to see if it's really that good. And be aware that I will make you personally responsible in case I don't like it, and also if it's really that good and I can throw away all my other rackets. So one way or the other, you will be the one to blame! :D

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

In that case, I have to tell you that it's not that different from the 80TD, which you already tried. If you didn't enjoy that one, the N80 will probably not blow your mind. I always tend to forget that one man's trash is another man's treasure. But for me the N80 is perfect!

But I gotta admit, I'm also tempted to try the Li Ning 90 III TD (290 mm) and the upcoming N90 IV. ;)

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

In that case, I will skip the N80 for good. 80TD was not a bad racket, but didn't knock me off my feet. Reminded me a lot of the old VT80 (which is not a bad thing, but still...).

N90IV... I'll wait for you to give it a try before I decide if it tickles me or not. :)

7. Nicholas Tam

Hobo Student
    Well yea? Thanks to a certain someone I feel like getting the Gosen Inferno. But hey, my racket bag is "full" and I don't like rotating too many rackets at once. My old VT80 and N80 still holding up, ZF2 is in storage, and I have a LDF and N9II now. Then again if any of my head heavy rackets go I'm picking up the Inferno next since I would like to phase out my singles' rackets for good.

8. eiji

eiji Regular Member

The solution is to buy a bigger racket bag. I have the babolat pure aero Wimbledon open 12 racket bag. Plenty of space for more rackets.

9. Nicholas Tam

Hobo Student
    walao... I say downsize your solution is to get bigger bag... unfortunately I'm still merely a student so I can't afford to make bad purchases, I do stick to my rackets and avoid having an excessive collection of various rackets. I couldn't imagine rotating so many rackets at once and hope that they play just as well out of the bag, unless you could afford to cut and restring :\

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

In that case let me give you some fair advice. If you already own an N9II, then there is no need to hurry for an Inferno. If I had to choose one of the two, I would definitely go with the N9II. There's nothing that the Inferno does significantly better.

In case you need a replacement for one of your sledgehammers, there's always the chance to get the Inferno later.

11. Nicholas Tam

Hobo Student
    That's what I meant haha, yes I actually want to rid of my LDF but I guess I do want to keep a singles' racket in my inventory. I was referring to a certain someone's raving for the Inferno that really made me want to pick one up my next visit to e78

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

And it was that certain someone that had me order my Inferno too. And the N99 before...
    Darn it, I should seriously consider blocking that guy. My wallet would thank me a lot for it.

13. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I don't know who you are talking about, but that certain guy seems to have a good taste in rackets. :D

14. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    That same person kept trying to sell me on a Z Speed, but it didn't work because he kept cursing the racket for not doing what he wanted :D

15. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Oh come on!!! Of course you have to bring up the Z-Speed when I was talking about good racket taste... :mad:

s_mair likes this.
  16. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    It was very good at making you mad?

s_mair and Rob3rt like this.