Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

mak hee chun is now a Hong Kong Player?

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Where is Tan Aik Huang, AE and TC champion.

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I saw his name too, playing mix double,

i think he was with chinese taipei then come abck to msia, then now go to HK.

4. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

if its him .. i hope he does well. good luck to him

5. SibugiChai

YAB
    Wednesday, 9 November 2016 | MYT 6:46 PM

Coach Tat Meng leaves BAM for Scotland job
    BY RAJES PAUL
    [​IMG]
    Wong Tat Meng is expected to start work with Badminton Scotland on Jan 9.

PETALING JAYA: National singles coach Wong Tat Meng has left the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) to become the head coach of Badminton Scotland.

The 49-year-old will prepare the Scottish team for next year’s World Championships, to be held in Glasgow in August. He is expected to start work on Jan 9.

This is Tat Meng’s second overseas stint, having coached the Indonesian women’s team for a year in 2011.

He is the second coach from BAM to work with a foreign team.

Last year, Tan Kim Her left for India to handle the doubles department.

Tat Meng, who was just moved from the women’s singles department to handle the men’s singles, admitted that the package offered by Scotland “was too good to refuse”.

“I’ve been coaching for more than 10 years, so it’s time to try something new,” said Tat Meng, who chanced upon the Scotland job online and attended an interview last month.

“It will be more challenging because my job scope is bigger ... I’ll be managing players and coaches and there are other responsibilities.

“This stint will surely help me grow as a coach. I’m looking forward to it. The best part is that I’m able to bring my family along.”

He thanked BAM for their support.

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/11/09/wong-tat-meng-resigns-from-bam/

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Employed by HK as a sparring partner. Think of his employment as more like he is there to help develop the HK doubles players.

7. SibugiChai

YAB
    at least he got to play a bit, i seen him in some international tournament

8. SibugiChai

YAB
    Wednesday, 9 November 2016 | MYT 10:24 PM

Coach extraordinaire Kim Hock on course to produce another champ
    BY RAJES PAUL

[​IMG]
    Chen Tang Jie (front) and Man Wei Chong in action during the World Junior Championships in Spain.

KUALA LUMPUR: Former international Yap Kim Hock has produced three world junior boys’ doubles champions during his time as a coach with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM).

As coach at Bukit Jalil Sports School from 2008-2012, he produced three world junior champions – Chooi Kah Ming-Ow Yao Han (2009), Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng (2010) and Nelson Heg Wei Keat-Teo Ee Yi (2011).

Now, he stands a chance of becoming the first coach to produce a world junior champion from the club level.

His charges – Chen Tang Jie-Man Wei Chong – from the Petaling Badminton Club (PBC) have been riding high in their maiden World Junior Championships in Bilbao, Spain.

In the mixed team competition which ended on Sunday, the pair clinched the winning point against Indonesia in the quarter-finals on Friday and in the semi-finals against Thailand on Sunday.

In the ongoing individual competition, the 12th seeds received a first-round bye and should cruise past Italy’s Fabio Coponio-Giovanni Toti.

The Malaysians have a good chance of going far based on their strong performances in the team event.

Kim Hock was full of praise for the duo, who are only playing in their third international tournament.

“They have the potential to go far. I’m proud of their performances in their world junior meet so far,” said Olympic silver medallist Kim Hock, who has been the head coach of PBC for the last two years.

“They have gained experience and confidence by playing in the Junior Purple League. This season, they will play in the Malaysia Purple League (MPL) too,” added Kim Hock after his team signed sponsorship deals with Platinum and XOX for the MPL on Wednesday.

In women’s singles, defending champion Goh Jin Wei checked into the fourth round with a 21-8, 21-4 win over Ella Soderstrom of Sweden on Wednesday.

It was also a good day for Malaysia in the boys’ singles when all three shuttlers – Leong Jun Hao, Sim Fong Hau and Lee Zii Jia – made it to the fourth round.

In mixed doubles, only Tang Jie-Toh Ee Wei made it to the third round.

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...k-on-the-verge-of-producing-another-champion/

Loh likes this.
  9. SibugiChai

YAB
    Sunday, 4 December 2016

Soon Huat-Shevon make third straight final
    [​IMG]
    Goh Soon Huat and Shevon Lai Jemie aim for a good start in mixed doubles.

PETALING JAYA: Goh Soon Huat-Shevon Lai Jemie (pic) continued their good run on the international stage by reaching their third straight final in the Welsh International Challenge.

The unseeded mixed doubles pair trounced second seeds Pranaav Jerry Chopra-Reddy N. Sikki of India 21-16, 21-14 in a 39-minute semi-final clash in Cardiff yesterday.

The Malaysian shuttlers will face top seeds and world No. 16 Robert Mateusiak-Nadiezda Zieba of Poland in the final as they seek a third international title.

Last month, Soon Huat-Shevon lifted two titles – the Malaysia International Challenge on their debut and the Scottish Grand Prix.

Said a delighted Shevon, who is only playing in her third international tournament with Soon Huat:

“It’s amazing to be in the final again. Soon Huat and I did not expect this,” said Shevon. “Our opponents in the final are far superior. It will be a great learning experience.”

Lim Yin Loo-Yap Cheng Wen’s run came to an end yesterday when they lost 20-22, 15-21 to top seeds Anastasia Chervyakova-Olga Morozova of Russia in the women’s doubles semi-finals.

Yin Loo-Cheng Wen have also done well recently, winning two international titles – the Victor International Challenge in Indonesia and the Scottish Grand Prix last month.

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/12/04/soon-huatshevon-make-third-straight-final/

10. SibugiChai

YAB
    Sunday, 11 December 2016

Frost says player must be more consistent to go far
    BY RAJES PAUL

[​IMG]
    Soo Teck Zhi is one of the members getting ready for the Thomas Cup qualifiers.

KUALA LUMPUR: Former Asian junior champion Soo Teck Zhi (pic) must learn to take the bull by the horns.

“I believe that Teck Zhi has been given plenty of chances to come good in this sport ... it’s up to him to take his chances well,” said the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) technical director Morten Frost.

“He has pointed out some reasons why he has not been doing well. I don’t think it’s anybody fault. He just has to take his chances, utilise it and make the best of it.”

A day before crashing out of the National Grand Prix Finals at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara on Friday, the 21-year-old Teck Zhi had listed several reasons for the drop in his world ranking – from No. 50 to No. 94.

[​IMG]
    ADVERTISEMENT

Among them were the lack of a proper training programme and how his coach, Tey Seu Bock, was more focused on world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei most of the times.

Besides Teck Zhi, Seu Bock is also in charge of Lim Chi Wing and Soong Joo Ven.

At the national meet, Chi Wing put up a stunning show to upset defending champion Chong Wei Feng to reach the men’s singles semi-finals.

Frost defended Seu Bock, saying “he has done well as a coach”.

“Seu Bock has only four players under him. It shouldn’t be too difficult to focus on each of them. He is an experienced coach and has done well so far,” said Frost.

“I agree that some of the coaches gave their best for Chong Wei ahead of his preparation for the Olympics. It’s back to normal now.”

On Teck Zhi’s potential, Frost believes that the youngster could go far “if he cuts down on his inconsistency.”

“He has this peculiarity in his game. On a good day, he can be a very fast and aggressive player. He can be dangerous to play against. But, when he’s not at his best, it’s horrible to watch him play,” said Frost.

“We will talk to him and look into his needs. Ultimately, we want him to be consistent and become an awfully good player.”
    http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...ays-player-must-be-more-consistent-to-go-far/

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Where is Hendrawan?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

12. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Felt for LCW when he still wants to carry his nation in front of home crowd in this Malaysia Open.

The rest of other discipline crashed one by one even the rising XD, MD, WD that has nothing to do whatsoever with MS. So as a technical director for BAM, MF been doing his job right? Asking LCW to retire is one big poor decision making when the rest of other discipline that has nothing to do with LCW couldn't even pull through a quarterfinal. Big homework for MF here lah.

Haters excuses here gonna be like, it was because LCW asked Goh Vee Shem to feed hims shuttles, Goh Liu Ying to massage him when he's tired, Vivian Hoo to fetch him water, Tan Ken Miang to wipe his sweat off court? :D

#2212 badlove, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  13. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Looks like MF is in hot water following some local fans couldn't help to react as their players were crumbled like Danish cookies and stunned out even before quarterfinals right in front of their eyes.

Even a few of my Malaysian friends posted on IG and lambasted the disapointing result.

volcom likes this.
  14. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Complete destruction of all sectors at MAS Open. Not even one player managed to pass R2 except for LCW.
    Morten Frost should be fixing this up properly or he will in a very hot water.

15. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

It was a outrageously weak outing by MAS players even by Top 10 players like Goh/Tan, Chan/Goh and Tan/Lai. They can't even pass R1 properly.
    WD pairs are problematic and choke so hard that they even lost after leading so much.

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

it will be worse when LCW decided to retired from badminton career...

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

One have to look at all year's result. If most of the players did not perform well at the MAS open, it is unfortunate, but it is only one tournament. It is not because it is at home that all progress should be judge upon it. Mas open is not the OLY.
    Moreover, one has to look much more broadly to see if BAM is doing right. To look at today's tournament's result is like looking at two years ago's efforts.
    For example, I think Peter Gade is doing a good job because this year the French team won the European Team Championship for juniors. The team performed well also individually. But among the seniors, there are only a little improvement to show for Gade. That is understandable.
    So to judge if BAM is doing OK, we need much more data then "everyone but LCW crashed before round 2".

18. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Okay then. We can see if 2017 is the year for juniors and seniors to prove their worth.
    Anyway in recent Indonesia Junior, seed No.1/No.4 Leong Jun Hao and Sim Fong Hau lost before SF. Actually most top seed of MAS doesn't even get to reach SF.
    This must be addressed properly on how juniors failed to perform as expected.

19. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Msia has produced many potential juniors however when it comes into translating them to be world beaters when entering the senior circuit, the hiccups starts. Sometines one or two of them in a rare or unexpected occasion can produce excellent results but then.... It is just like a one off scenario which unlikely be consistent.

Years after years pasti bythe state of poor performance of this juniors when competing in any of the senior circuits will still be like that. It comes to a point that i even dont mind if they dont progress or produce good results as long as DLCW progress coz it is so used to know that none that most likely will. If anyone does manage to progress then i am very happy but then for certainly again i will know that is just temporary.

If DLCW decide to retire today then for this coming many years, it is certainly and very likely that you will not hear the word Malaysia be present frequently in any MS competition beyond quaterfinal stages...... unless this is a SEA or Commonwealth individualis games (that also i have some scepticals). Even with the recent elected top head in BAM has pledge to improve how juniors perform.....at the end, it still themselves, the juniors, need to realize that changes can only comes from within themselves.

20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

If this failure by good juniors to perform once senior is a recurrent pattern, then there must be an objective reason behind it. It should be analysed and addressed, though I suppose it is far from easy!