Zhang Nan ( 张楠 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Sep 6, 2016.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    No, I don't think he has

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Happy Birthday Zhang Nan...

[​IMG]

renbo and ghooga like this.
  3. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

ZN played well today to clinch the XD title, especially at the first game comeback. And the deception at his final, match-winning shot... Hot damn.

4. Severus Bolton

Severus Bolton Regular Member

Programmer/Developer
    He is one of the few guys who has the capability to defeat Kevin/Gideon. The MVP of doubles.

5. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Liu Cheng makes so many mistakes. He doesnt deserve to be ZN partner.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hard to find anyone to fill Fu Haifeng's shoes. It takes time to build mutual understanding and rapport to a high level.

Who might be a better partner for Zhang Nan in MD ?

7. GingerCorslette

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Zhang Nan glory days in MD are all but over.

Liu Cheng gifting 11 out of 21 points to the opponent with errors doesn't help ZN either. Not to mention the tactical disaster he is. Serve is probably the worst in the whole Chinese badminton.

Lu Kai? Poor... Very Poor in MD

Liu Yuchen would be my choice. He is very intelligent and has power in his smash too. Plus tactically very sound.

9. GingerCorslette

Well that was my bad, I thought Liu Cheng and Liu Yuchen were the same player (those names). Still, he's settling with Junhui now so ZN has only his current partner.

I do however vote for a ZN-BYX combo in XD.

10. Lioe

Lioe New Member

i would love to see Zhang Nan with Bao Yixin also.

Li Yinhui and Huang Dongping are not good enough.

poor Bao Yixin. She deserved a good partner in WD and XD. But she was given error prone Liu Cheng in XD. and unused player Yu Xiaohan for WD. Now she must quit XD. If only she partnered with Tang Yuanting until Olympic, China would have a better chance to win the Gold medal.

11. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

If I were LYB, I'd pair Zhang Nan with Yu XiaoHan. Zhang Nan needs a full court killer for a partner. Yu XiaoHan fits the bill. Yu XiaoHan doesn't move too well, but Zhang Nan is the ultimate cover guy. He did that for Zhao YunLei when she was slowed down by injuries late in her career.

Bao YiXin is good at creating chances that Zhang Nan can't finish. Bao YiXin should go back with Liu Cheng for XD.

12. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Zhang Nan/Yu Xiaohan will result in Zhang Nan playing the same role in both MD and XD. That might make training easier for him...lol

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the ongoing SIN Open SS 2017, I think Zhang Nan is showing signs of strain, going out tamely in both XD and MD in R1. Constantly doing double duty tournament after tournament may be taking a toll on him finally, added to the fact that he hasn't won any SS level tournaments with his new partners in either discipline for quite some time. He is mentally and physically tired, I suppose.

14. Nine Tailed Fox

Someone said Zhang Nan wants to date Bao Yixin.

That's why his results with Liu Cheng have deteriorated. There may be tension between the two.

Can Chinese fans confirm this?

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Liu Cheng is dating BaoYiXin.

I think LC performance is more caused by his XD separation with yixin. He always makes a lot of errors even playing with zhengsiwei last year , from his attitude he wasnt much interested.

but if ZN really wants to date yixin then there could be explosive fire

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Liu Cheng and Bao Yixin are dating, so what ? Are they married ? Even if they are, can't Bao YX partner anyone she likes in XD or if assigned by the coaches ? She is a person in her own right, she can think for herself, she has her human rights.

You talk as if she belongs to Liu Cheng who owns her, his property, chattel, and therefore he has every right not to allow her to partner anyone in XD unless he permits it ? Ridiculous. Puerile.

If Liu Cheng has no confidence in Bao YX's feelings for him, it's equivalent to having no confidence in himself, that's his own problem; he has no right to control BYX's life and behave with extreme jealousy and possessiveness over her. If that's the unhealthy state of their relationship, it won't last, and I'd say Bao YX is better off without him.

Love is not about possession, it's about putting her happiness above yours, wishing her the very best, and seeing her happy makes you happy. Life is short, uncertain, nothing is permanent, nothing lasts forever. Cherish it and make the most of it. When it's time to let go, just go with the flow of nature.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  17. Nine Tailed Fox

A lot of tension among these love-birds. Someone in the CBA sort this out please.

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LC dating BYX?

I thought the sports ministry banned badminton players from having a relationship after ZN/ZYL/TQ triangle.

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

You know its not possible that baoyixin is without liucheng or vice versa they are still going out with each other. of course if she is assigned with another man in XD, well she will not just perform well. both LC and Yixin has been adversely affected by the events. they have been treated like stepdaughter and stepson.

It's the dissapointment that they still have when they are separated because they are not chosen for olympic and even so the feelings that they should be china no 1 XD after olympics. bao yixin has been played victim twice, in WD&XD.

20. GingerCorslette

Liu Cheng is not as sharp as Bao Yixin on court. Whenever they're on the big matches, e.g. WC 2015, it's always Liu who cannot keep up with the pace with the other three.

I'm suggesting ZN and BYX because it in my opinion is her best chance of getting deep in tournaments (conversely, Li partnering with ZN isn't working out currently). In WD, she had best results with Tang Yuanting, but she's out. The partnership with Yu Xiaohan is not doing well lately.