Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    is it not morten frost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. lurker

lurker Regular Member

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Since the poster (@CIA-99) made a claim, I went to look at that particular match of 2014 and also reviewed the first game of this year's semifinal to verify his information. What's wrong with asking for confirmation? If he can back up his claim, all well and good. We can patiently wait for the reply. I think that's pretty fair and I did write 'please'. You have to note I didn't condemn that poster as a fanboy. I suppose if the evidence is not forthcoming, then I could gloat but that's not my style.

At least I backed up my observation with proper screenshots which is more than a lot of people do. It's not as if they are secret pictures. They came from public domain.

If that were the case, a lot more posts in the past would have been deleted.

Making that sort of prediction also brings up the speculation that he has been advised to change behaviour. You know, become more like Lin Dan's swagger. However, there is a difference between assertiveness with confidence on court and going past the limit.

I think you are right about the BWF thing. Umpires show a lot of inconsistencies in discipline which is certainly irritating and bad for the game. I would like BWF umpires be a lot more consistent in applying code of conduct. I was aghast when a certain Danish player touched an official in protesting a decision. That should have been clamped down on by BWF.

j4ckie likes this.
  4. swunk

swunk Regular Member

Don't you guys think LCW looks terrible - throwing a shitstorm at MF in the media after supposedly serious injury, week later back to training, 3 weeks later winning the AE ? Was the injury even there? I lost all respect for LCW. I also think he was very lucky with the draw at the AE.

5. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Are you really sane. I swear these haters will do anything to say bad things about LCW.
    1. His injury was confirmed by the government's sport ministry.
    2. His draw was hard but because "saving much energy for next event" Chen Long and Lin Dan lost like tame player to Tanongsak and Shi Yuqi.
    3. I don't think you even respect him in the first place.
    4. Shitstorm because he asked to change the mat because it was slippery but no, it wasn't changed. So he get injured and maybe miss AE.

indrg and visor like this.
  6. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

He's lucky because his regenation skill is like Wolverine, he can play well in AE even though his knee is heavily strap.

indrg likes this.
  7. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

It is a shitstorm because it concern LCW's health. What if he was supposed to retire after the injury? Will you be happy if anyone say "well, his career is over." to you in the face. No, I imagine.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

It is not even possible for a Superhuman really. At the age of 36, to not just beat but completely annihilate a 15 year younger opponent in his prime.

Even with a broken knee, LCW was no match for anyone in the Yonex All England 2017. People ignore how much he has improved physically from his 2014 days. Much more muscular and even leaner to my eyes. I hope he keeps on improving physically and even surpass The Great Chen Long.

Helix99 likes this.
  9. esppy

esppy Regular Member

I lost all respect for you on the other hand.

You have an injury in your head that nothing sane this side of the planet can heal.

10. swunk

swunk Regular Member

Good too see LCW fanboys scribbling ferociously )

A teared ligament that takes a week to heal and then get back to intense training - that really is wolverine type regeneration.
    About the draw - meeting Wei Nan instead of Wang Tzu Wei could have been a problem, just for starters.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

You don't need to be Wolverine when you can get stem cell injections...

12. jole73

jole73 Regular Member

Let's enjoy it as long as we can. I know for a fact that he had been 34 before he left for the All Englands. Over the week he must have turned 35, as I've read about a 35-year-old in several posts. I'm quite shocked that he's 36 now. Well, happy birthday then, but at as quick as he is ageing...the WC seem quite an impossible goal. ;)

samkool likes this.
  13. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    He's 34, going 35 this year but in Chinese year he's actually 36 this year. Impossible as it seems as a badminton fan I'd rather watch him and LD in WC than any younger players with all the younger physical advantage but seems to still pose no threat to beat someone on their way out.

14. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Morten Frost shameful attempt to get rid of LCW has backfired unbelievably.

It's like Cao Cao's battle at Chibi in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, now he can never do anything about LCW again as he made his intentions crystal clear that he will be back next year unless somehow MF gets Lcw's knees properly damaged :D:D

15. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

WTF are you talking about?

Cheers,
    FB

16. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

Wei Nan who played in Malaysia purple league, and got steam rolled by... Kenichi Tage.

He would never have posed a threat to LCW in this form.

LCW enjoyed the draw of the top seed, and then got the best of it, by demolishing his opponents this week.

Fan of him or not, you have to acknowledge great such performances when he deliver.

---

That knee injury on the other hand - obviously was never anywhere close to severe. It was just part of his "game" with MF, and perhaps a way to ease some of the pressure and expectations in the final build up.

It doesn't take anything away from his play though.

Cheers,
    FB

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The bad faith display here is quite astonishing!

Anyway, in all the discussion about the clash between LCW and Frost, there was never a doubt about LCW's talent and results. His win in the All England is no surprise (except for the knee injury miraculous heal) and it does not change anything about what happened in the clash.

LCW is of course still far above every one else in the Malaysian team and that is precisely the problem!

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Do you think he was misdiagnosed? He did have a MRI though.

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Which planet are you on? :)

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

In the past, badminton players and especially singles players tended to retire by the time of their early thirties. That he (and Peter Gade) can / could still go strong is good for the game. Hu Yun is another who keeps going. Personally, I think it is good for the game, maintains interest and keeps people talking.