Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

CTC has done it many times before. Do you even remember French Open 2014 vs Wang Zhenming? Every important points he get, he will shout and pump up his fist. It's normal to celebrate after a long rally. Everyone can do it, why not LCW?

#13021 CIA-99, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Anything LCW, everyone will make an issue about it. Cut him some slack, monsieur. It's probably, his last ever All England Championship.

#13022 CIA-99, Mar 12, 2017
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Please show a screenshot of CTC directly facing Wang ZhengMing and doing the shouting and pumping the fist. Most times when pumping the fist (I say most because I haven't reviewed all the match), CTC immediately turns his back towards Wang (CTC doesn't have eyes at the back of his head).

Again, I repeat, I have no issue if not facing the opponent directly.

#13023 Cheung, Mar 12, 2017
  4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Exactly, I would not want him to spoil his image and go out leaving a bad taste in the mouth.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol, what he did was nothing. There was no yelling, not much emotion on his face, just two raised arms. He's not even shaking them at his opponent. Sure it may seem to be much for a non match point, but it was a hard fought point and it shows just how important this last AE outing is to him.

It's nothing compared to the constant verbal and fist assault we get from a certain WS player...

soulpx and Sundis like this.
  6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Definitely agree with you on that one!

j4ckie likes this.
  7. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    I would love a DLCW - lin dan match but what to do.... new blood and changing guards happens in all sports. Prediction..... DLCW should win and lift the 2017 All England MS title. How?... straight set ........Difficulty?....... Medium with under 15 points given in both set. Wil he celebrate after he wins?....... Damn sure he will because it is his last AE......How he will he celebrate it?..... I recommend he tear his shirt off since he rarely does this and throw it to the nearest female supporter and hug her first despite should be hugging Hendrawan at the first place....Outcome from such celebration?......i guarantee Datin WMC will wait at the KLIA arrival hall with a shot gun :):):)

visor, Cheung and Helix99 like this.
  8. esppy

esppy Regular Member

As befitting of your nick, die die must insert something related to shooting. HAHA!

shooting stroke likes this.
  9. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Because LCW isn't sliced bread? Hahahaha i'm like lol'ing now... epic comments from you sir :D

CIA-99 likes this.
  10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

@Ginsan95
    I think this part of the message is addressing what I wrote in a previous message about LCW's show of agression was looking fake to me :

"P.S. as for the "fake personality" talk, I must say I totally disagree, human is not as one dimensional as you'd like to make them out to be, reaction is situational. Just because he hasn't done it a lot early in his career doesn't make it any less legit. Besides, if you think closely about it, the "fake" part has to be how he doesn't celebrate early in his career but then do it now, right? Let's dissect this argument for a second,
    Past - fake because he doesn't celebrate, meaning he's holding it back
    Present - real because he celebrated, meaning he held back in the past
    Issue - The fact that he's held back in the past doesn't make him look bad, "fake" in itself isn't an "insult" per se.
    So I don't get what point you're trying to get across with the "fake" comment."

If this comment is really about what I said, I cannot agree. I did not say anything about fake personality. I said the reactions we talked about - which are very few and overall insignificant - are fake, or more precisely, look fake to me. It is very different then what you assumes.
    Of course I know personalities are complex, who doesn't? That does not stop me of having impressions when I see somebody acting.
    Beside, I never mentioned anything about LCW acting fake in the past because he was holding back.

I am sorry you feel wronged or upset because there are some comments on LCW's behaviour. But I think you are too sensitive here, little was said against him.
    Regarding what happens in LD's thread, I agree with you, but it has little to do with our discussion here. If we could stop comparing LD and LCW all the time it would be a good start to the air cleaning you mentioned

11. lurker

lurker Regular Member

coming true soon!!!! *gasp*

12. esppy

esppy Regular Member

So with LCW on the verge of his 4th AE win...

Whatever he wanted, he got.

AND, unlike chan peng soon/goh liu ying, he DELIVERED. A win.

indrg likes this.
  13. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
  14. mrdeception

mrdeception New Member

Surprise! He will be back to defend the MS title next year.

Cheung likes this.
  15. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Actually the news was outed yesterday, but the man himself confirms it again today because there's something to defend now lol

16. lurker

lurker Regular Member

do you think badminton players are paid to join certain competitions like tennis and golf?
    appearance fees perhaps?

17. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    they are paid by their respective association i guess, they do pay to take part i think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    LCW should thank MF for being an ass to him. That kind of ignited the fire in him.

It's a well played mental game by MF.

indrg likes this.
  19. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Really? That's a world class strategy by Martin Frost.

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Are you serious? You write like you are a judge. Does it matter whether you have an issue or not? Perhaps you could write to BWF your standards of player behaviour?

Are you aware of the amount of junk posts strewn around this forum? You ve got this soami poster who's just having a fun time fooling around. You ve got this Justin poster who behaves like he owns the real estate here promoting the greatness of Chinese badminton in every thread he treads.

It s not easy being a mod but for a start you can be less biased. You are a LD fan and it shows, in case you are not aware. Don t take this personally.
    And please, don't take your opinion too seriously. There is no right or wrong opinion. Most people will see what they want to see and then form an opinion. I don't write to have people agree with me. It s just to let another light in so they may have a different view, different angle, different colour.

And if you and the bunch of Malaysians are still concerned about LCW s bad boy attitude, better feedback to BWF early, LCW is going to get worse from now on, with even more shocking emotional release.

rogerv2 likes this.