Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Congrats to Lee Chong Wei for winning his sixth Japan Open title!

2. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

I've just watched Japan Open 2016 MS Final, and then the commentator said that LCW said he would go back to Tokyo in 2020 with new scoring format. Does anyone know any official links for it? I would be interested in seeing how he perform in Tokyo 2020.

3. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    nothing is confirmed wait for further news on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Today is LCW's birthday.

racketman123 and visor like this.
  5. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Happy Birthday bro

6. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Just read an article on the fastest smashers of last year in the MS category and LCW is number one with 408 km/h.

Incidentally I watched a recent LD vs. LCW match where Steen Peterson said that if there's one thing he could add to Chong Wei's game it would be a harder smash like LD, JOJ and VA. Nothing to add there. :D

7. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    ?????
    Surely LCW's smash is his best known attribute, maybe second only to his speed.

Rob3rt likes this.
  8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think he said more dangerous, or steeper...? It's true though that on average, LCW's smash is less effective than some other players'. It' s a mix of angle and placement, I guess.

9. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

I agree with j4ckie. I also remembered that Steen said that LCW smash should be steeper, and cause more troubles to his opponent.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Back in the days of the height of LD vs LCW rivalry, you can probably see the difference in the penetrating effect of either player's smash. LCW doesn't smash as steeply. Against the rest of the world it didn't matter.

alien9113 and j4ckie like this.
  11. racketman123

Dentist in training...
  12. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
  13. badrutm

badrutm Regular Member

blogger
    but can't watch (?)

14. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Obviously LCW was injured and in crap form in Dubai. He probably only showed up and played for the WR Points so he could maintain WR no 1 easier. He gained 6050 pts for going there only.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

16. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

he can change to XD lol.. easy for his body a lilttle bit compare to MS... Age catching him up..

17. racketman123

Dentist in training...
  18. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Felt sad for our Datuk LCW. Sustained a MCL on his left knee at his current age of 34 will indeed be a another addition to the list of previous injuries that can be a career threatening. Hopefully he can heal in an optimal and best physical condition so that he can continue to play competitively and remain physically fit in his remaining competitive age to come.

Injury at his current competitive age can be sometimes unavoided. Sometimes it is just a matter when and what's the nature of that injury will be. You can have the discipline and commitment to do all the routine preventive approach against injury but miracely if it happens....... It will happen.

The frustrating scenario about DLCW injury is that it happened during training because the the court mate was slippery. DLCW did informed BAM officials about it earlier and even in today's Star newspaper he was very vocal about it. With the current advancement in medical treatment , no doubt that he can recover as the state of his MCL injury from the MRI imaging done was not that serious and having not participating in this year AE is actually IMHO has it's own hidden blessing......a reminder........an as usual....... not to the badminton hall cleaner...... or to the badminton hall security guards ....or to the manufacturer that made the mate....... But..... it is non other than to...... BAM..... that is......... at this present moment you should have already produced a pack of reliable players in the MS dept and not to heavily depending to the eventually or sooner going to be geriatric Lee chong wei.

By having superdan present in this year AE....things would be more interesting if DLCW were to play......no hardcore badminton fanatic fan on earth would want to miss to see them battle out for that few remaining last time before them retiring....... if I were there and DLCW is designated to meet him and concurrently their match happened at the same day for the grand opening of the avengers infinity war movie or Justice league movie or suddenly Star Wars episode 8 also came out out of nowhere ........i still will refrain to myself not to watch any of those movies....

Well...hopefully DLCW can heal optimally well and I believe all of your supporter do pray for your smooth recovery

SS

19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

dunno DLCW can make it recover before Sudirman Cup and World Championship...

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Mighty Lee Chong Wei has Spoken http://sports.qq.com/a/20170206/003286.htm

Forget about finding the next Lee CW, the MAS No.1 Lee CW pointed out, BAM's top priority should be to raise the overall strength of the Men's Singles team.

Lee CW who's pushing 35 this year said:" I believe we all know (MAS) Men's Singles is at a critical stage."

"In my opinion, it will take at least 20 to 30 years to find another me or Lin Dan (China), even to have such high caliber players as Taufik (Indonesia) or Gade(Denmark). I'm not being arrogant, but this is a fact. Even the current cohort of young players during training still find it difficult to take me on."

As a result, the three-time Olympic silver medallist hoped that BAM would set down more realistic goals, take a view to foster players such as the 2003 world championship silver medallist Wong Choon Han, the All England winner Hafiz Hashim.

Iskandar needed to be more ambitious.

" It's a similar state of affairs in China, Indonesia and Denmark, they remain unable to find successors to Lin Dan, Taufik and Gade."

"Therefore, BAM should aim to nurture players like Wong Choon Han and Hashim, their achievements are also not bad but of course not up to our standards."

"People don't understand how hard it is to maintain at the peak for long periods of time, winning one or two championships is quite easy, but to do it continually, even to occupy the world number one position for seven consecutive years, attaining so many Superseries titles, in addition three Olympic silvers, just not the least bit easy."

" In my opinion, players like Iskandar have to have more intense desire and be in no way satisfied with the current situation."

Since Last December's Dubai Superseries Finals Lee CW has been resting, his first battle this year is fixed on the All England (from Mar 7 to 12) [Obviously wriiten before he sustained a knee injury - Justin].