Mizuno Wave Fang RX2

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by pcll99, Dec 21, 2016.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  2. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

:D

Just recently got it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DarthHowie likes this.
  3. clawhammers

This is the inner side and insole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. clawhammers

and finally.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DarthHowie likes this.
  5. Esteban

Esteban Regular Member

Can you please describe how they fit?
    I ordered a pair of RX(1) from Shuttle House in my usual 24.5cm and they were *way* too small length-wise. I *really* wanted them to work out as the rubber is the best I've used....but I had to scrunch my toes up and my feet got numb.
    Whereas all my other 24.5's from Lin-Ning, Adidas, Yonex actually fit, historically.

6. clawhammers

Hi Esteban

My size is 27.5 cm for Yonex/Victor shoes.

But for Mizuno I get 28.0 cm (increase 0.5 cm). It fits well with my feet.
    Mizuno 27.5 cm is too tight for my toes.

Esteban likes this.
  7. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Oh that's really nice!! I currently have rx1 and will definitely buy this for an upgrade :) find the new lock laces features quite interesting (didnt know it has). Is that mean that you can control the tightness and it will not come loose?

8. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Oh wait sorry didn't look carefully at the first picture haha. You changed the shoe laces. Does that comes with the shoes from mizuno or something completely different?

9. clawhammers

Hi Jason,

Source Link =
    http://www.locklaces.com/store/original

I purchase it from Ebay. It is aftermarket laces replacing the original of RX2.

Standard laces are semi-oval style

I prefer to replace with lock laces, which is snug and can be set its tightness comfortably.

Further details of this product can be found from the link above.

10. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Thank for the information :) I did a search and we can buy something like that. Quite interesting coz never actually knew about it.

Anyways how do you feel about wearing the shoe? Is it similar to RX1? Would like to know some impression :) Thanks.

11. clawhammers

In my opinion, Wave Fang RX2 is aimed for those looking for a quality shoe that offers a excellent combination of stability, suppport and durability. This shoe offers moderate cushion for those whose weight is below 70kg, but for others who weight above might want to consider replacement (thicker) insole for better cushion. I personally buy DSIS Sorbo Tennis as replacement to original insole.

Reference can be found from https://www.sorbo-japan.com/en/products/detail.php?id=30

There are some noticeable update from original Mizuno Wave Fang RX (2015) especially on radical changes made to its upper design, but the foundation of this models remain the same. The weight is 355g (size 28.0 cm) which is similar to Wave Fang RX (2015). This shoe does not require any break in period. I can directly use and enjoy it features straight out of the box.

The wave system applied by Mizuno intended to delivers energy upon impact and spreads it evenly out to wider area. It also promotes a long life usage of the shoe and its stability. The outsole is the same, Mizuno applies XG Rubber that provides better traction and high grade of stickiness to the surface (no slipping). Further I would like to emphasize that Mizuno’s sole and wave design offers some unique feeling like some kind of firm connection to the surface of the mat/floor.

The width of Wave Fang RX2 is categorized as 3E (japanese standard) which is 6 mm wider than 2E width. There is more room in the toe box area of the Wave Fang RX2 compared to its predecessor (2015). The breathable sock-like upper is snug yet flexible serving comfortable feel. The heel is sturdy and keeps you locked in, it has bigger unit compared to yonex / victor models I had used in the past. Mizuno has done great job with its slip-free heel fit.

Mizuno measurement is slightly smaller compared to yonex / victor shoes. I use size 27.5 cm for yonex / victor shoes. However, I use size 28.0 cm for mizuno. Therefore, it is advisable to choose size increase of 0.5 cm for Mizuno.

As regards pricing, its MSRP is 13,800 JPYen, which is equal with Wave Fang RX (2015). So there is no raise in term of pricing at Japan domestic market. If you buy it online from rakuten or shuttle house, u can enjoy additional discount of 20%-25%, subject to retailers policy.

Mizuno Japan Sources

2017 – Mizuno Wave Fang RX2
    http://products.mizuno.jp/c/item/71GA170501/017007

2015 – Mizuno Wave Fang RX
    http://products.mizuno.jp/c/item/71GA150562/017007001

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dolbydog, DarthHowie, pcll99 and 2 others like this.
  12. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Thank you very much clawhammers, that is very informative!! Makes me even more excited to get this shoe :D

13. clawhammers

Your welcome Jason.
    I am glad to help. :)

14. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Reference can be found from https://www.sorbo-japan.com/en/products/detail.php?id=30 for this does it comes in a pair?

15. nibbler

nibbler Regular Member

@clawhammer, do you have any opinion on which is better, the mizuno wave tech or power cushion? which one is more cushiony?

more specifically im wanting to compare it to yonex shb-02

16. clawhammers

Hi Poohpooh, Yes. It comes in a pair.

If you ask which would be more cushiony ? then my answer would be YY Power Cushion.
    The standard insole and midsole provided by Wave Fang is less cushiony compared to YY Power Cushion.

I personally consider that Mizuno Wave Tech is better for me.
    The idea is that the wave tech will absorb impact and disperse it throughout the length of the plate.

In addition, it also provides inherent stability. I am thinking the wave tech as a strip of cardboard, which bends and folds very easily in one direction, but is very difficult to twist side-to-side (lateral)

However, the above are my personal preferences, and it may be different with others.

visor likes this.
  17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    strange, it doesn't say "RX2" on the shoe itself.. just "RX".

But Mizuno webpage does say RX2...

very strange..

18. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

My RX2 have arrived. Gone for the same colour. Feels more cushioned than RX, but I'm not sure because I'm comparing old shoes to new ones. Support wise also seems a bit better. I'm feeling more resistance to rolling my foot.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

19. Vinman

Vinman Regular Member

Nutritionist
    I just looked up the Shuttle House and this store is in Osaka Japan, I also live in Canada, with the exchange rate and shipping the price must be quite expensive?

20. Esteban

Esteban Regular Member

Yes, expensive. The shoes were 11,774 JPY with 3,300 JPY shipping = about 172 CAD.
    It sucks that they are too small but they are *really* nice shoes.
    I actually don't even regret that I can't use them as I now know how Mizuno's fit(will order again) and I'll recoup some of the cost by selling them.

visor and Vinman like this.