DUBAI World Superseries Finals 2016 - DAY-5 : FINAL (18th December)

Discussion in 'BWF Superseries Finals 2016' started by CLELY, Dec 17, 2016.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]
    Category
    : BWF Superseries Premier

Venue : Hamdan Sports Complex, Dubai-UAE

Total Prize-Money : US$1,000,000

Tournament Website : http://bwfworldsuperseries.com/destination-dubai/

Tournament Prospectus : http://system.bwfbadminton.com/uplo...erseries Finals 2016 - Players Prospectus.pdf

Dubai time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=6765&forma=Find Time

Live Streaming : - http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f
    -

FINAL ORDER OF PLAY (01.00pm) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...94939C-80B9-42B5-9BCB-97B1F842B8F1&d=20161218

Seven different nations have final representative with China has three slots and followed by Japan with two places, interesting fact for badminton development. The talented Chen Qingchen has opportunity to create double double in her first Dubai appearance and we'll see new Superseries champion through men's singles discipline.

WD, Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (JPN) v Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan (CHN)
    H-2-H stats : 1-1 / WR : 1 v 8
    China rising pairs Chen /Jia made great comeback to deny rubber games and seal the match in tight battle against recent China Premier winner Chang YN/Lee SH, trailed behind with big margin 5-14 then 17-20, the high spirited young duo saved three game points and seal the match, 22-20. It will be challenging task to face current best women's double combination Matsutomo/Takahashi who powered past world number two Juhl/Pedersen, 21-12 / 21-11 that indicating the Olympic Champion in formidable form. Chen/Jia defeated mighty Japanese pair in last meeting in thrilling match of French Superseries semifinal.

MS, Tian Houwei (CHN) v Viktor Axelsen (DEN)
    H-2-H : 0-1 / WR : 7 v 4
    The battle of left-handed player saw Jan O Jorgensen was stunned by his younger opponent yesterday despite he had good leading in opening game 9-4 then 13-8, Tian slowly catched up and changed tactic to step up the pace. In deciding game, it was close at early stages but after mid-game interval Jorgensen produced some mistakes and couldn't follow Tian rhythm, the Chinese was unstoppable to secure final berth, 21-13. Second Premier final for 24 years old Tian who has slow improvement in his career. Once he awed badminton fans when beat Lee Chong Wei in AUS GP Gold 2013 then nothing more significant breakthrough until early this year, he stormed into All England Final. Second Dubai Finals for Viktor Axelsen after lost to Kento Momota last year, Danish ace reversed group match outcome to overcome Son Wan Ho with steady performance throughout the match. A new Superseries champion will emerge today as Tian and Axelsen will seek their maiden crown.

WS, Sung Ji Hyun (KOR) v Tai Tzu Ying (TPE)
    H-2-H : 8-9 / WR : 5 v 1
    A repeat of 2014 Dubai Final edition when Tai outwitted Sung at that time to win big prize-money. High possibility close contest prospect according to their head to head stats. Tai ended Sun Yu remarkable run in this event with identical scoreline, 21-19 and finally scored first ever win over the tall Chinese in six meetings. Sung demonstrated her patience play to block Sindhu explosive style with long rally, cross court smashes and drop shot at front area. It's back to back final for the Korean after she won Korea Masters last week in Jeju. Both Tai and Sung have displayed a positive trend lately to regain their best form in the most competitive category nowadays.

XD, Chris Adcock/Gabrielle Adcock (ENG) v Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-3 / WR : 8 v 3
    Mixed doubles final should be the best chance for China to top podium here, the sensational combo Zheng/Chen overcame former champion Fischer/Pedersen, a revenge mission was accomplished yesterday as the young Chinese lost in two previous meetings. The Adcocks continue victory over reigning All England Champion, Jordan/Susanto practically lost focus at decider, confused with their nemesis game plan that ended with lop-side game, 21-9. The Indonesians couldn't maintain their consistency along this high-level tournament despite showed excellent start in group-stage match.

MD, Takeshi Kamura/Keigo Sonoda (JPN) v Goh V Shem/Tan Wee Kiong (MAS)
    H-2-H : 2-1 / WR : 5 v 1
    Two in-form pairs meet in finale, top-two seeds in Destination Dubai ranking. Rio silver medalists Goh/Tan knocked out once again Chinese number one Chai/Hong in two quick games while Japanese combination reversed the outcome of group stage match to knock out Conrad/Kolding, the Danish failed to take first set as Kamura/Sonoda grabbed 6 consecutive point after trailed behind 15-17. The world number five manage tremendous run lately as they bagged maiden Superseries title in Hong Kong three weeks ago and bright prospect for them to surpass their seniors Endo/Hayakawa. It's second final of Superseries tournament for Malaysian duo after DEN Premier, Rio OG stellar performance certainly boost their self-belief to be one of formidable pair.

2. Vijay P.

Vijay P. Regular Member

My predictions:
    1. WD MM/AT
    2. MS VA
    3. WS TTY
    4. XD ZS/CQC
    5. MD TK/KS.
    What do you think?

nilesh123, Maurice MJC and gelopisan like this.
  3. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

My thoughts exactly. Though my heart want to see THW and SJH end up as champs.

Vijay P. likes this.
  4. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    One title for CQC, if not 2. WD should be the best match of the day.

5. Vijay P.

Vijay P. Regular Member

I expect fireworks at the MD as well. The adrenaline pumped Kamura & Sonada will be at their attacking best. Shem Goh & Tan W.K would have a battle royal in their hands.

6. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan
    Tian Houwei
    Tai Tzu Ying
    Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen
    Goh V Shem/Tan Wee Kiong

EdwardChoi and Helix99 like this.
  7. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

I was in the stadium for the past 2 days. All matches are superb so far. Today will be a cracking final again. Unfortunate I will be not in the stadium today because of work. :(

Go GVS/TWK !! #MalaysiaBOleh!

Cheung likes this.
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    All matches are very interesting!

9. Helix99

Helix99 Regular Member

I have a feeling that Goh/Tan can take the win today. Go, Malaysia!

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Realistically speaking, for CHN, I think only XD Chen Qingchen/Zheng Siwei , has a little more than 50% prospect of winning, the other two , esp MS, are at most 50-50.

The CHN WD comprising the two 19-year-olds, are still relatively young, inexperienced, developing as a pair, with some rough edges to round off, considerable room for improvement before they can become a truly formidable pair.

Tian Houwei,age 24 pushing 25, has been around long enough to make his mark but still missing it, only a handful of appearances in the finals and I've difficulty recalling which, if any, he's won, discounting GPG. Today is without doubt a golden opportunity for Tian HW except that Viktor for beating LCW the first time ever is on song, a tricky proposition, indeed.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good thing Zheng Siwei isn't doing double duty here, only Chen Qingchen.

12. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I hope THW can take his first SS win today.

Btw I Think CHN have started to study the DEN MS to find there weakness now, I draw that conclusion from THWs double victory over Jorgensen.

13. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    If THW wins he will be my new BC profile pic.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My worry is Tian Houwei may be too eager to win or suffer anxiety trying too hard for a breakthrough seeing as his junior teammates are already snapping at his heels what with Shi Yuqi already touted by Li Yongbo as CHN MS' next rising star.

15. Helix99

Helix99 Regular Member

Matsutomo/Takahashi vs Chen/Jia is about to start now. One of the exciting match ups to come.

16. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Just to words for the kids, please win.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To me,it's just the kind of really tough , testing matches that the young CHN upstarts need to learn, grow and mature from to get better and better, win or lose.

18. Helix99

Helix99 Regular Member

The Japanese pair playing tightly and keep making mistakes.

19. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Misaki not in form? they keep targetting her.

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Pan Li talks so fast.. It was like 10 words per second....