Yonex FRENCH Open 2016 : FINALS (30th October)

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2016' started by CLELY, Oct 29, 2016.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]
    Category
    : BWF World Superseries

Venue : Stade Pierre de Coubertin, Paris-FRA

Total Prize-money : US$300,000

Tournament website : http://yonexifb.com/en/uk-home

Paris time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=6409&forma=Find Time

Live Streaming : - http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f
    -

FINAL ORDER OF PLAY
    (01.00pm) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...92F62C-6537-425B-BE6E-925A82CB86BE&d=20161030

After unsuccessful Superseries campaign last week in Odense, China players bounce back in Paris. They have final representatives in almost all category here except MD, followed by KOR with 3 final berths while DEN, THA and minor badminton nation USA have 1 representative each.

WD, Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan (CHN) v Chang Ye Na/Lee So Hee (KOR)
    H-2-H : 3-1 / WR : 14 v 7
    Flopped and struggling performance in once domination category, China is reviving to snatch WD crown through teen stars. Two-time World Junior Champion scored big upset last night to win over current best combination, the Olympic Champion Matsutomo/Takahashi in 99 minutes marathon clash with very close battle in second set, 29-27 - the turning point for Chinese youngsters to seal deciding game. A fitness test for Chen/Jia after played such long duration match. Korean number two pair, Chang YN/Lee will be their final hurdle to bag maiden Superseries title. Chang/Lee overcame another Chinese inexperienced combo, Huang DP/Li YH in two straight-games 21-14 / 21-18 at semifinal.

WS, Zhang Beiwen (USA) v He Bingjiao (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-3 / WR : 19 v 11
    Former Singapore player now representing USA, Zhang Beiwen seizes golden opportunity to cruise into the final and no impossible to top podium today. Coming to Paris without a coach, 26 years old Zhang outmaneuvered the tall Sun Yu with her tactical game plan and another China player awaits her in last round, He Bingjiao. Second final in Superseries tournament for the left-handed He after grabbed victory in Tokyo last month. The Chinese young hopeful eliminated Korean leading lady Sung Ji Hyun in tight contest, 27-25 / 21-17.

MD, Bodin Isara/Nipitphon Phuangphuapet (THA) v Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen (DEN)
    H-2-H : 0-1 / WR : 20 v 9
    Back to back Superseries final for the sudden rising Thailand pair Isara/Phuaphuapet in Europe, they defeated world #14 Pratama/Suwardi once again after Denmark Premier last week, this time with stiff resistance by the Indonesians that ended 21-19 in thrilling third game. Next, the vast experienced and steady Danish pair will be their last challenge to snatch MD crown. Two-time champion Boe/Mogensen showed their class to dispose younger teammates, Astrup/Rasmussen two close games, 21-19 / 21-17.

XD, Ko Sung Hyun/Kim Ha Na (KOR) v Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen (CHN)
    H-2-H : 1-2 / WR : 1 v 10
    Entering final in last five Superseries from Sydney-Tokyo-Seoul-Odense to Paris, what a consistent performance by Chinese extraordinary talents in their tender age. This fact indicates they will be one of the elite pair soon. Losing in KOR Open final, Zheng/Chen will take revenge over world number one but Chen Qingchen has double duty as she will appear in Women's doubles final too, it's not easy to manage stamina against resilient and strong Korean combination. Defending champion Ko/Kim were more aggresive in semifinal against Fischer/Pedersen and thwarted another final for the Danes.

MS, Shi Yuqi (CHN) v Lee Hyun Il (KOR)
    H-2-H : 0-1 / WR : 19 v 17
    It's a beginning breakthrough for Chinese future star to book maiden final in top-tier tournament, Shi Yuqi. The Youth Olympic Champion started to grab attention post Rio Olympic Games, nailed INA Masters title and taking part regularly in Superseries tour. China is developing and grooming their new talents in the absence of their supremes Chen Long-Lin Dan, it seems their regeneration progress is running well so far. Shi defeated his older compatriot Tian Houwei, had toughest match against Indonesian heart-throb Jonatan Christie and outplayed Hsu Jen Hao in semifinal. Facing the smart player, Lee Hyun Il will be valuable experience for the Chinese newcomer. The left-handed Korean is hot favourite to clinch the title, he knocked out some notable names en route to final, Rio bronze medalist Viktor Axelsen, 2014 champion Chou Tien Chen and 8th seed Ng Ka Long, he only had trouble to pass Indian player Sai Praneeth at opening round. Talking about Lee Hyun Il, he only won 1 Superseries title, 2008 Korea Open, defeated Lin Dan in very high tension final. Lee cruised into Olympic Games bronze medal match twice, Beijing 2008 and London 2012 but unfortunately lost to Chen Jin and Chen Long respectively.

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

shiyuqi is playing his idol today. He said in an interview that Taufik and LHII are his idols. He wanted to play like them. No wonder his game is more or less like the game of LHII. He will score against Attacking players but will crumble against "retrievers" and players with patience. Soon his game will be cracked.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Indeed, that's why he never won over Son Wan Ho in four meetings.
    Yup, he loves Taufik's and Hyun Il's techniques according to The Star news article : http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/10/22/yuqi-lost-in-denmark-but-keep-an-eye-on-him/

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Another tough day for CHN youngsters except HBJ but ZBW is no pushover. I worry they will go home empty handed like last week. CQC may be drained from previous long matches.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yup, Chen Qingchen's fitness level will be tested to the limit doing double duty and being physically stretched in the semifinals. It's really remarkable if she can win either one of the two disciplines, XD or WD.

As it is, her male partner in XD is also doing double duty in most tournaments, I'd suggest her female partner Jia Yifan stick to WD only, can't afford to have both ladies doing double duty as well; it's really pushing it for them.

For this time, take it as tournament practice to gain more experience and exposure.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It'll be interesting to see how many points Shi Yuqi can get out of Master Lee Hyun Il.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

After knowing Zhang Beiwen's extraordinary performance overcoming both Akane Yamaguchi and Sun Yu en route to the final, I'm sure He Bingjiao has her work cut out for her, underestimating her opponent is the last thing on her mind, including ours.

At the same time, He Bingjiao's unpredictability and inconsistency makes it doubly hard to forecast the outcome. At pain of repeating myself, it's still her fitness concerns that worries me more.

Playing ZBW is like facing another JPN runner, a superb retriever who also can attack, a lethal combination.

8. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I hope for THA to win MD and LHI to win MS, the rest of matches any result is ok.

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    MS- Idk why, but I am expecting SYQ to win today. LHIl surely is more exp, mature and tactical but there's something the young lad has which brought me to his corner, on his back throughout this tourney.
    Here I am rooting for him again.

WS- No matter how much I want ZBW to win this (it'll be great for badminton in US), I just can't see her def the on fire HBJ. But, He can be careless at occasions let's see if the "American Oxygen" manages to pull over.

WD- I am in awe how this young girl (CQC) be so consistent and refreshing doing double duty all the way. Yes, physically it'll be a steep up hill journey, hope she can win.

XD- Ko/Kim in the absence of LN and ZYL, there's no one I'll "betray" them for.

MD- Really don't care, may be the Thais just coz I hate Boe

10. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

If LHI wins I will change my profile pic to him.

11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

CHN should start using Lin Guipu for senior tournaments also.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Patiently waiting. 9 to 10 hours to go.

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am rooting for ZBW. Poor girl has been on thr circuit for quite some time. First representing SIN which didn't "appreciated" her, so to speak and now wants her back, according to GC. A refreshing change on the podium.

14. R4yZ0r

R4yZ0r Regular Member

Student
    Is he me? :D:D
    Thank you again @CLELY for the finals thread. Hope LHI wins today

15. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

London'12 Lee Hyun Il outclassed by LD. You meant this guy ?

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That proves how great Lin Dan is in his heyday.

Cheung likes this.
  17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'll be watching for signs of Chen Qingchen showing fatigue.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No doubt the CHN youngsters are on a high but they're still relatively green, being only in their first year in the senior circuit at the highest level of competition. I'd expect their lack of experience to somehow show at certain trying moments; nonetheless,very good for them whatever the outcome, just what they needed most to grow and develop their fullest potential in the shortest possible time.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen QC has the knack of knowing where best to position herself, it seems.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm sure the CHN will want to try their level best to finish the match in two sets.