Yonex FRENCH Open 2016 : QUARTERFINALS (28th October)

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2016' started by CLELY, Oct 27, 2016.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]
    Category : BWF World Superseries

Venue : Stade Pierre de Coubertin, Paris-FRA

Total Prize-money : US$300,000

Tournament website : http://yonexifb.com/en/uk-home

Tournament time-table : http://yonexifb.com/en/tournament/schedule

Paris time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=6409&forma=Find Time

Live Streaming : - http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f
    -

QUARTERFINAL ORDER OF PLAY
    (05.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...92F62C-6537-425B-BE6E-925A82CB86BE&d=20161028

*Match Highlights :
    - Shi Yuqi (CHN) v Jonatan Christie (INA)
    - Chou Tien Chen (TPE) v Lee Hyun Il (KOR)
    - Sung Ji Hyun (KOR) v Tai Tzu Ying (TPE)
    - Isara/Phuangphuapet (THA) v Ivanov/Sozonov (RUS)
    - Kamura/Sonoda (JPN) v Boe/Mogensen (DEN)
    - Juhl/Pedersen (DEN) v Chen QC/Jia YF (CHN)
    - Fischer/Pedersen (DEN) v Yoo YS/Chang YN (KOR)
    - Zheng SW/Chen QC (CHN) v Jordan/Susanto (INA)

Two consecutive defeats at back to back Superseries second round for Viktor Axelsen, the world number four was sent packing once again by dangerous veteran Lee Hyun Il. The unemotional left-handed Lee stayed calm to save two game points and sealed crucial first set, 22-20. It's a gone case for Rio bronze medalist in second game as the Korean controlled the match to win 21-12. Next, Lee will take on former champion Chou Tien Chen. Two future stars of badminton juggernauts will cross sword this evening, 20 years old Chinese player Shi Yuqi v 19 years old Indonesian Jonatan Christie. 2014 Youth Olympic Games gold medalist Shi downed his older teammate, Tian Houwei while Christie demolished Englishman Rajiv Ouseph yesterday. The rivalry of these promising talents started at junior stage as head to head stats display 2-0 favours to Christie. Title contenders, Jan O Jorgensen is scheduled to meet Hong Kong resilient player Angus Ng Ka Long. At top-half draw, the in-form Son Wan Ho has bright prospect to enter semifinal against TPE second-ranked Hsu Jen Hao.

A Sung Ji Hyun-Tai Tzu Ying rematch will be on the way in today's quarterfinal, the Korean should redeem her losing last week in Denmark as Tai looked struggling to defeat her preliminary round opponents. He Bingjiao did her homework this time to eliminate Rio silver medalist P.V. Sindhu after suffered first round exit in Odense. The winner of last two Superseries tournaments, Akane Yamaguchi continue her consistent performance and will be challenged by US player Zhang Beiwen. One remaining quarterfinal tie will pit Sun Yu against Thailand's Busanan Ongbamrungphan after both of them dumped Japanese opponents in last sixteen.

All England Champion Ivanov/Sozonov will up against Denmark Premier runner-up Isara/Phuangphupet, an intriguing clash of these two fast attacking pairs. The winner of this tie will face Indonesian rival, either Ahsan/Angriawan or Pratama/Suwardi. On lower-half of draw, two Danish combinations book quarterfinal spot, second seed Boe/Mogensen will be tested by Japanese duo Kamura/Sonoda while Astrup/Rasmussen have Taiwanese pair Lee JH/Lee Y who stunned 5th seed Gideon/Sukamuljo in second round.

A big upset highlighted WD category yesterday, the unseeded Haris/Sari disposed Rio bronze medalist Jung KE/Shin SC in three games, the Indonesians will see another Korean pair, Chang YN/Lee SH to chase semifinal spot. The Olympic Champion Matsutomo/Takahashi are favoured to advance to next round in all Japanese affairs, also fourth seed Maheswari/Polii as well should overcome the inexperienced Chinese youngsters Huang DP/Li YH. A challenging test for third seed Juhl/Pedersen, they get reigning World Junior Champion Chen QC/Jia YF who toppled their senior Luo twin sisters at previous round.

After tough opening round defending champion Ko SH/Kim HN passed secound round comfortably, they should have no serious trouble to face Japanese duo Kazuno/Kurihara. Danish top pair, Fischer/Pedersen will find tricky quarterfinal test against Yoo YS/Chang YN. A close battle is expected at bottom half draw, recent All England winner will seek revenge over their twice previous defeats to China phenomenal young guns Zheng SW/Chen QC. The Olympic Champion Zhang Nan with his new partner Li Yinhui will take on the rising Thailand combo Isara/Amitrapai.

LIVE TV COVERAGE (Court 1, 05.00pm) :

1) Kamilla Rytter Juhl/Christinna Pedersen (DEN) v Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan (CHN)
    2) Angus Ng Ka Long (HKG) v Jan O Jorgensen (DEN)
    3) Bodin Isara/Nipitphon Phuangphuapet (THA) v Vladimir Ivanov/Ivan Sozonov (RUS)
    4) Sung Ji Hyun (KOR) v Tai Tzu Ying (TPE)
    5) Shi Yuqi (CHN) v Jonatan Christie (INA)

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Not enough footages of Lee Hyun Il for Axelsen to feed on ? Not even a set despite being in his prime.

Okk !!!

The_Perfect_Assassin_by_Cascador.jpg

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    All of CHN opponents today are dangerous. There may be some CHN casualties.

4. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    rooting for bodin all the way , MD and also XD .... this guy has improved a lot ....

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Will he beat his opponent to death ?

6. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Looking forward Jonathan vs Shi Yuqi, battle of the young rising stars.

7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

@Nine Tailed Fox: This is the worst tournament streaming I've ever witnessed. That awful angle from above showing almost three courts at once, the glare on the floor and now the official BWF YouTube stream is even asynchronous! Can it get any worse?!

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  8. MidCourtMediocrity

MidCourtMediocrity Regular Member

I dont understand the rules for viewing games on bwf youtube. I live in the UK and I havent been able to stream a single tournament because 'uploader has not enabled this in your country'

9. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Tell me about it! If I wouldn't use proxys/VPNs I couldn't watch a single stream. It makes no sense as I'm pretty sure that not a single tv station in Germany broadcasts this. So why the restriction?!

10. MidCourtMediocrity

the shouting by the chinese doubles pair is honestly abrasive

11. MidCourtMediocrity

I'm trying to figure out which country would be eligible for it... and I can't. Possibly the US, where BWF are trying to expand, and in Asia where it's worshipped but why not in Europe? Who knows. I might send them an email because I'm curious more than anything

12. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

They should show CTC vs LHI instead of WD... Nobody wants to see WD. :p

13. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, probably. I'm using Hotspot Shield with an IP from the US and it works.

14. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Watching this Chinese girl celebrate every point like they won the Olympics is so funny... :D

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il is at it again, using his wizardry to bamboozle Chou Tien Chen's power game in the 2nd set to race to a 8-3 lead...

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If not for Lee HI's masterful stroke play, he'll be at the mercy of Chou TC's barrage of missiles.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I wonder if Lee HI has the stamina to cope with CTC's supreme fitness and athleticism to the end.

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Slowly but surely LHI is getting the nemesis of many youngsters and young professionals. :D

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What an amazing series of saves from the CHN WD youngsters, finally winning the point as Kamila hits it wide in the end.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Fantastic, Lee Hyun Il's master class stroke play besting Chou Tien Chen in two straight sets.