Denmark Open SSP

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2016' started by CantSmashThis, Aug 23, 2016.

1. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to take a trip out to watch the Denmark Open SSP and had a few questions. I was trying to buy the everyday package plan online but I'm guessing it is sold out? :( Do they sell this plan at the stadium? Will there be good seats available for this plan? Do they take card or is it cash only? I am coming all the way from the US and am planning to spend a week in Denmark and will sightsee a few days and go watch the tournament as well. Maybe I should only go Fri-Sunday? (Not sure if I will have time to watch much of Finals though as I would have to catch a flight back to Amsterdam to go back to the States).

Any information would be greatly appreciated! If anyone is planning to go, I have lots of questions to ask that I hope you can help me with.

Thanks!

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I was checking the MS draw and realized both Kidambi Srikanth and Tommy Sugiarto have withdrawn and in their place Qiao Bin and Shi Yuqi are promoted to the main draw.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Also Tang Jinhua has withdrawn affecting both her WD partner, Huang Yaqiong, and XD partner,Liu Yuchen.

Tang Jinhua's recent circumstances are not looking good for her.

4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

As usual, China brings in huge contingent.
    MS : 3
    WS : 2
    MD : 6 pairs
    WD : 6 pairs
    XD : 5 pairs
    Totally 39 players.

i wish every country has the system like China . They are spending so much money on players by sending them to international tournaments. lucky people.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You call that a huge contingent, esp in MS and WS ? For doubles, it's because,owing to retirements, CHN needs to quickly form new pairings and test them out well before the TUC next year.

6. MidCourtMediocrity

MidCourtMediocrity Regular Member

Right... you mean the arguably unethical sport camps that leave athletes uneducated with no future? Ok, so those who make it to the top level do well for themselves, but in any system there are winners and losers and the problem with the chinese sport system is that it leaves more losers than winners and the losers really have nothing.

Simply put, the players from europe who dont quite make the top still have an education, can still get a job. Those from China find it much harder because they did nothing but train since they were young

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Why are you so defensive?. I said it in different context. For eg. Players from india , who took part in Olympics and also having Commonwealth games Gold in their kitty, have to beg for Sponsors to take part in tournaments. Still some people come out of these struggles to prove their extraordinary talent to the world. Consider if they have a system like china, they don't need to care about all other things . They can concentrate more on badminton, badminton and badminton. Badminton is all about experience and money. With money, you gain Experience (participating in tournaments). But without Money, they will go wasted. But if you see tournaments, you may find China sending large contingent to participate in the Superseries tournaments, more than any other country(except for some Host countries ). Because of their system, they have same kind of training for everybody , which makes them easier to defeat other country players who underwent more struggle to come to that level. Still they find a way to stand on top of the podium. That's what i meant. Is it not a player's need to participate in tournaments, a perfect way to gain BWF ranking points? .
    I am not blaming China. I am asking all other Country heads (Badminton associations) ,who are reading this to look after this . Otherwise, a beautiful Sport like Badminton will lose so many talents disappear in the dust.

8. Akin44

Akin44 Regular Member

Techie
  9. Akachi20

Akachi20 New Member

I buy your ideal,am a Nigerian but I live here in turkey,I have played badminton for more than 10years but have not participated in any serious tournament as a result sponsorship for more exposure,I watch the chinese players play in most international competition but I see nothing much different from my capability and skills in badminton but they are opportune to be exposed,if anyone interested in badminton who lives in turkey should invest on me,I will make you proud in the global scene with my skillful ways of playing badminton.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Do you have a video or something to show the sponsors your potential?

11. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

No need for other countries to take a look-- the downside of government/national industries dominating everything (including sports) in China, is that they don't actually have that big of a private industry... In terms of badminton, it means no really sustainable private sports league in China (the Chinese badminton super league is just a few months off-season exercise for the national team)-- athletes from most other nations/sports can usually have a career in commercial sports league outside of the national team.

Any government can do it if they have the resources and the will-- but elected governments must continually answer their electorate as to why pour $ into this sport/event/entity and not another? That's why Chinese sports fan have the greatest reactions when their national teams succeeds or fails-- because the whole nation is literally paying for them....

What I'm saying is just follow the $-- each sport and each sports association has their own reasons for having their own structures.

12. Akachi20

Akachi20 New Member

I don't have
    I don't have any video at the moment,am back to my country Nigeria(Africa).. If your interested on me,I will have to make a video for you to see my skills or maybe you could just email so I can be sending as many videos as you wish..I know my potentials and I have spend so much time learning this game with full love and commitment,just hoping I get the chance to show the world how skillful I am..emeka_a.k4real@yahoo.com.