Russia Open Grand Prix 2016

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Russian Open / Chinese Taipei Mast' started by Baddyforall, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Date: 4th October to 9th October
    Place : Vladivosk ,Russia
    Tomorrow is the day for finals. Host country dominates the show by confirming two titles , WD and MD respectively.

Except MS , Russia has entries in all the finals.

India has sent few players who played really well in this tournament to reach the finals.
    Ruthvika Shivani and Siril Verma entered the finals of WS and MS respectively.
    This is 16 year old Siril Verma's first Grand Prix finals. Good to see his improvement lately.
    He is going to face Malaysia's Zulfaldi Zulkiffli. Nice to see zulfaldi reaching finals of Grand Prix level. He is favourite to win the title.

Mixed Double pair of Pranav Jerry Chopra and Sikki reddy reached their second Grand Prix finals after their triumph at Brazil open Grand Prix. They have to tackle Giant Vladimir Ivanov combo in order to lift the title .

WD and MD titles will go to Russia.

2. zatoino

zatoino Regular Member

well, ZZ did go win the title by defeating IND youngster Siril Verma ins 3 games...

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Extremely happy for our young guns, esp Siril. I didn't expected him to reach all the way to the finals, and what's cherry on the top is he played exceptionally well today as well. I mean it's really difficult to shut the butterflies inside when you are playing your first ever Sr level final against a much more experienced opp.
    Both Ruth and Siril also showed impressive improvement in their stamina, which according to me was the biggest hurdle by far.

Also PJC/NSR did pretty well, 2 GP titles. The sooner their ranking improves the sooner we'll have our much needed permanent XD pair in high-end tourneys.