Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I guess Lee Chong Wei is training very hard, unlike others, who just try to avoid injury it seems. Hehe.

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

It's not like Lin Dan is playing marbles in the training. He has a world class training partner in Rio and I am sure some work has been done on fitness in Chengdu.

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Who's talking about LD? :D

But seriously, you're not talking about THW as a training partner?

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Lin Dan and Chen Long has been training together in Rio....THW is not in Rio.

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Are you sure? They used to train separately because even LYB acknowledged that CL is now a big threat to LD.

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Actually,the training has been completed in Chengdu....Now,it's just a small 7 day training camp in Sao Paulo to keep them Razor Sharp....They were training separately in Chengdu but together in Rio.

7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

This changes everything.

visor likes this.
  8. Nine Tailed Fox

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

A mere 7 days?
    CL can scan all LD s shots into his computer in just 3 games. Unless LD fakes a lot in the mere 7 days.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

11. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

His statement is making me worried. The match with Lin Dan in Semi means there is a possibility of LCW to end up with bronze:(:(:( All the best LCW and do the best. Regardless of the result, we will always support you;)

#12511 xsakurax, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  12. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

That's the difference between the two. One says he feels the pressure, the other says he's very likely to win again and even names the other to further increase the psychological pressure.

13. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Agreed. Lin Dan has a clever strategy & confidence that LCW is always lack of in Major tournament. He is also good with the media play to transfer the psychological pressure to his opponent. Regardless of the draw, Super Dan is the hurdle for LCW if he wants to win Gold.

It has been a long journey for LCW to win Gold since 2008. It always seems so near yet so far. I do hope he gets it right this year to compensate his hard work & dedication.

#12513 xsakurax, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

First, let s line up some facts.
    1) Since China Open 2015, LCW met LD twice and defeated him twice, both times coming from behind and in China.
    2) Since China Open 2015, LCW met CL 4x and outclassed him 4x.
    3) In China Open 2015 and Asia Championship 2016, both held in China, LCW defeated LD in semi and CL in finals. Which is incredible mental strength , considering their earlier H2H advantage over him. That cannot be due to luck. That cannot be due to LD and CL playing to disappoint the home crowd. So what can it be? The big change in him has to be due to:
    4) His new coaches Hendrawan and Morten Frost. They have prepared LCW more comprehensively against the CHN MS, different tactics, surprising them by changing his syllabus, infusing him with the confidence and belief to win. LCW should consider himself lucky he has the best coaches to guide him in Rio and have trust and faith in them.
    5) Ultimately, LCW gotta ask himself. Has he put in the best preparation efforts? Has he the best coaches? Have they been comprehensive in their coaching programme? Hasn't he defeated his CHN opponents in all the most recent times they met and in front of their home crowd? There is no guarantee but if the answer is yes to all these questions, he has put himself in the best position possible for the best possible outcome.

And if you are still worried after this fact check, you gotta ask yourself should I worry when I have no control over the outcome? Or rather, can someone guarantee a gold when I spend time and effort worrying? If the answer is no, then have faith in LCW and his coaches. Enjoy the game!

Licin, soulpx, Loh and 3 others like this.
  15. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

[​IMG]
    Isn't that THW in the top right?

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  17. visor

visor Regular Member

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I agree with what Josiah said about the MAS athletes' mental strength.

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I disagree with what Josiah said. MAS athletes' mental strength is a reflection of how comprehensive their preparation is. Working hard does not mean Working overtime. Working hard has to do with focusing on what areas make the greatest difference and give you the edge in winning. That means comprehensive diligence, covering every aspect that matters.

For example, video homework is standard procedure in China coaching. With BAM, they can tape all the videos and the players don't even look at them. (Chou Tien Chen suddenly improved enough to win titles and he said he watched a lot of badminton videos! That s how, perhaps, he won a title without any coach ) If you ask BAM players to watch a lot of badminton videos, they will probably laugh and say, what for or, where to have the time. ( I remember once observing Li Xue Rui seriously watching matches courtside whereas an MAS MS was busy with his laptop.)

Someone told me it s the coach s job to analyse match videos. But if the coach is not doing it, shouldn't the player do it for his own good. If CTC depends on his coach alone, would he have won a title. BAM players depend on NSI match analysis which will probably consist of winners, errors ,etc which has no meaning when analysing LD. An important component of LD s game is energy management. Which means actually watching the LD match video first hand, from start to finish. And if LCW had watched more videos of how he defeats CHN MS, he will realize how much LD and CL fear him.

MAS players don't win not because they are mentally weak; they are not prepared as comprehensively as, say CHN players. MAS players should know their coaches are unlikely to analyse videos, so if they want to increase their success rate, they should learn from CTC, don t wait for the coach, do it yourself.

edvine, nokh88 and visor like this.
  20. MeisterTim

MeisterTim Regular Member

I think LCW just was unlucky. He could have won both world 2011 and OG 2012. I do not agree when people say he choked in those 2 competitions. When it comes down to 19-19, there is a lot of luck involved. And I fear these 2 lost finals left a huge scar in LCW mental :/. I see him breaking down these OG sooner or later. I hope he will prove me wrong :).