Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe what we see in the picture is for table tennis where a structure with lighting is put up specially to cater for it. For badminton, a different structure or what's already at the ceiling with appropriate hall lights would be used and meeting the requirements of BWF-approved guidelines and specifications, such as ceiling height, I'm sure.

j4ckie likes this.
  2. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    I think they are planning to install a ceilling fan most likely

3. PilotG2

PilotG2 New Member

Are you crazy??

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I doubt so, the drift caused by the airconditioning system is already difficult to control, at most to an acceptable degree, adding a ceiling fan (above the badminton courts?) will only make it worse.

5. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    This was suppose to be a joke but suddenly the "laughing" image seems not to be working haha

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ahh, I should've known, from someone so knowledgeable about badminton.:p:D

shooting stroke likes this.
  7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Can Lin Dan replicate Beijing Olympics form in Rio?

Heart says Yes.

01-20-33-13567388_1123572631035778_5831452041797802252_n.jpg

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So far I don't see anybody can or could, not even Lin Dan himself at age 33 now.

If at Rio OG he can be at or near 95% of that level, it's fantastic already, enough to conquer all his opponents and grab gold without any trouble. A three-peat is as good as a done deal.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

While I think LD has a good chance to win, stating he's gonna win without any trouble is fairly unrealistic.

10. Nine Tailed Fox

I want Lin Dan to face Lee Chong Wei in the semi- finals not Chen Long if he makes that far. Sugiarto or Zwiebler in the Quarter finals are welcomed.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Anybody who can play 95% like the Lin Dan of Beijing'08, why not ? He won't drop a set, winning by a clear, say 5 point , margin. That's no trouble at all.

Besides, is LCW now playing his best badminton than ever before ? No, simply not though I concede, of late, he's, at least on paper, playing better than his two archrivals.

Nevertheless, I believe, Lin Dan despite his age and motivation issues, regardless his form and physical condition, will go all out in Rio . Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'm betting on Lin Dan to take gold , slightly ahead of LCW and Chen Long.

As for the rest, not putting them down, I honestly believe none of them can upset any of the Super Trio. If there's going to be any upset, I'd say at most Chen Long is susceptible but I seriously doubt so as he is going to make amends and redeem himself at Rio OG for his debacle at the Thomas Cup earlier.

Allow me to humbly say something about LCW's game at the moment. It seems to me that he's been advised by Hendrawan and Morten Frost to revert to playing an aggressive attacking game as in his younger days in the hope that it'll help him overcome his nerves by throwing the ball (shuttle) to his rival's court. Of late that strategy seems to be working but the question is how long can he last doing that,esp in a three-setter against the likes of Lin Dan and Chen Long at or near their best ? Actually, that's Gong Weijie's viewpoint basically and I agree with him fully.

In other words, by rallying less and minimizing his opponent's attacking opportunities while seizing the initiiative to attack more, he's transferring more of the pressure to his opponents. But that requires a lot of speed and energy, something more suitable for a younger man. For LCW now aged 33, it's quite demanding and strenuous,particularly when the opponent's defense is superb such as Chen Long's when he's on top of his game.

I recall in the LCW vs Chen Long's BAC Final, LCW, after coming from behind to snatch G1, was already slowing down in G2 allowing CL to equalize . If not for Chen Long - who's been playing a lot more than LCW who came to that tournament fresh, remember the week before at the CHN Masters, Chen Long faced off Lin Dan in the final - who is physically stretched in the back-to-back tournaments (he actually said he was tired in the decider), G3 might have gone Chen Long's way. No wonder Chen Long had the temerity to say he thought he could have won in two straight sets.

I daresay, at the Rio OG, Chen Long has the physical edge over his two main rivals if he can stretch it to three games against either Lin Dan or LCW. Unless Chen Long screws up, I believe he's the only one who can throw a spanner in the works of Lin Dan and LCW in their gold quest.

Of course, whatever I say here is at best a hypothesis. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Don't forget, Chen Long did beat LCW at the 2014 WC after his Thomas Cup fiasco months earlier, and he did it again to the same opponent in the 2015 WC, on both occasions it wasn't his nemesis Lin Dan who stopped LCW. How much faith you have in LCW, I leave it to you. Who says Chen Long can't do it once again come Rio after his Kunshan TC flop two months ago ? I'll prefer to leave the answer to Chen Long, it's in his hands more than anyone else's.

It's precisely human affairs are so difficult to predict that we can hold different opinions and views regarding the future. Therefore I've no right to say you're definitely wrong, only that we hold differing opinions. Just my 2 cents.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That'd be the draw outcome LCW dreaded most, more than Lin Dan.

Still, me too, a Lin Dan - LCW semifinal before a final showdown with Chen Long is preferable. Frankly, I don't wish to see Lin Dan physically stretched by Chen Long first before the gold medal playoff as he may be at a disadvantage to take on LCW, thus denying us a match of the highest quality. That's assuming they all live up to their billing.

For the younger man Chen Long at his prime, fitness is not an issue but for the 30+ Lin Dan and LCW, the luck of the draw does matter a fair bit. Being four years older and past 30 is a consideration not to be dismissed lightly. When they were both in their twenties, I don't see any problem with that esp when there's a rest day before the final.

Of course, there's also the problem of Chen Long itself, nobody would want to risk a defeat at his hands. That's why I'm waiting anxiously to see how the draw turns out. Needless to say, LCW's chances are improved if Lin Dan and Chen Long are in the same opposite half.

13. Nine Tailed Fox

Lin Dan left out of the 2017 All England Championship cover. The Chinese icon was the central figure in the 2015 and 2016 All England editions.

21-58-56-CnP5kOTWEAAR4VH.jpg

Cheung likes this.
  14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Adcock in the center? What a joke :D

Tekkai and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  15. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Sad times ahead folks, once LD and LCW retire once and for all... :(

well-son, visor, Tekkai and 2 others like this.
  16. DishuThomas

DishuThomas New Member

IT
    Can we clone them ? It's not too late !

visor likes this.
  17. Nine Tailed Fox

Lin Dan's(in his Red Olympic kit) training match with Wang Zhengming. Is Dan looking in better shape ?

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe Lin Dan will retire after Rio OG whatever the outcome, the more so if he achieves three-peat. There are no more worlds to conquer ! (in the badminton sense)

LCW might carry on for one or two years more, even if he loses as without Lin Dan around, he might want to try for next year's WC and the following year's Asian Games. Remember, the 36-year-old Lee Hyun Il is still around. Why not the 34-year-old LCW ?

To me, the greatest difference between Lin Dan and LCW now is one has won everything and more while the other has too little, what drives the two forward are somewhat different motivations and goals in life but within the realm of badminton.

19. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    As a fan of LCW if I can chose from 1. LCW wins Olympics and retires immediately after or 2. LCW loses in the Olympics and continues playing for a few years more, I dont know which one to chose.

20. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

You can choose 3, which is Lee Chong Wei loses in Rio 2016 but finally gets gold in Toyko 2020...