Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

LOL. Good Job Papa Lin.[​IMG]

"This year's Father's day is coming soon. Father's love is like a mountain, dad to we pay too much too much, the best of blessings to a great father! Before the advent of the father's day, share with you and Lin Lin Dan Dad story. This article was written in 2012 on 6 August, lindane is the defending Olympic Gold Medal of the second day.

The Father's day special: Lindane Dad "George" Super Dan have trick]

When I was young, lindane very naughty, but as long as you hear someone say, "here's your father", he'll scare the living don't move. For Lin Dan, dad in his mind, loving, honesty, integrity, also very majestic.

Sometimes, lindane because their demands are not met, crying uproar, regarding this, dad would usually be ignored." If he cry, I'll be home the red cards, turn the radio on, he's crying voice, the voice of the radio. I will also get bigger, he cried and cried and cried, tired, don't cry." When I talk to, lin jianbin lol.

When I was young, lindane for money and not too many concepts, training for dinner every day, never touched the money. One time mom not back to work, dad is preparing to make tofu, let lin dan to buy. Lin Dan was home living very close to the market, on a corner on the dad gave Lin Dan a piece of money, got a tray.

It's been a long time, Lin Dan is back, but not buy tofu, but ice cream. Lin Dan Dad see immediately after, not mad, then asked " Lin Dan, you buy something.?"

" ice cream......"

" Dad let you buy. What?"

" Buy tofu." Know not in accordance with the requirements of dad going to do, lindane, also some guilty voice small talk.

" what are you gonna deal with this?" Dad nor angry, still good cop ask him.

In the silence after a long time, lindane thinking, ice cream in your hands or take it down. Lin Daddy also took a piece of money to Lin Dan, this time, Lin Dan, no more zuǒ gù yòu pàn. Walk straight to the alley most inside, buy-back. Tofu.

After eating dinner, daddy specialized ran out to lin dan bought two ice cream," Do any one thing, you must firmly to do, if you want to eat ice, gotta come back with mom and dad said that mom and dad will buy you, but you have to be honest." Lin Dan side eating ice cream, side nodded in yes.

Now, lindane while grown up and dad, but also maintain the relationship once was. Children's day this year, dad also give lin dan beat go phone " Dandan, happy holidays!." Lin Dan hear later, lol. Lin Jianbin said that in his mind, lindane forever not just a big kid, whether he has achieved what kind of accomplishment, and always will be.

Note: Lin Jianbin is Lin Dan's dad."

Source : LD Fans Communication Area ..FB

garra likes this.
  2. Nine Tailed Fox

The Olympic Village

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Badminton Schedule at the Olympics

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Breaking News

Asian Fans may miss the entire Olympics if they are not ready to sacrifice their sleep.

5. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

The machine translation is terrible. Anyone has another version, or the source?

6. Harish Reddy M

Harish Reddy M Regular Member

Student
  7. Harish Reddy M

Harish Reddy M Regular Member

Student
    And it seems they so kindly had a translated version too:

Father's Day is just around the corner. Father's love is as high as mountains. We want to say thank you to our father for his dedications to our family. Let's send your best regards to all the fathers in the world. Happy Father's Day!

In celebrating Father's Day, we would like to share with you some interesting stories of Lin Dan and his father, Lin Jianbin. This article was written in 06/08/2012, the day after Lin Dan defending his Olympic title in London.

《Father's Day Special: Father Lin has special way to "treat" Super Dan》

When Lin Dan was young, he was very naughty, but he would stand still, didn't dare to move when someone yelled " Your father is coming". But in Lin Dan's heart, his father is a person with mercy, honesty, dignity and integrity although he is very strict.

Sometimes, Lin Dan would throw a tantrum when his demands were not met. But mostly, Father Lin didn't give a damn. " If he cried, I would turn on the radio loudly. The louder his cries, the louder the volume I turned on. He would stop crying when he felt tired." Father Lin said with laughter.

Lin Dan had no idea of money when he was a kid. His daily routine was only eating and training, he had no chance of spending money. One day, Lin Dan's mother had not come back from work, so Father Lin needed to prepare for dinner. He decided to cook tofu. He gave Lin Dan one dollar and a tray and asked him to buy tofu at the market which was very near from their house.

After a long period of time, Lin Dan came back. To be surprised, it was not tofu on the tray but ice cream. Father Lin didn't get angry immediately, but asked, " Lin Dan, what did you buy?"

" Ice cream."

"What did I ask you to buy?"

“Tofu." Lin Dan knew that he didn't do what he was assigned to do, so he answered very softly.

" So, what are you going to do now?"

After thinking for awhile, Lin Dan threw away the ice cream. Father Lin gave him another one dollar. This time, Lin Dan ran to the market and bought what he should buy without slight hesitation.

After dinner, Father Lin went to buy two ice creams for Lin Dan and said " Be persistent and practical with work, if you want to eat ice cream, you must tell us. We will buy for you, but you must be honest." Lin Dan nodded in agreement while eating ice cream.

Now, Lin Dan has grown up. He is still having an intimate relationship with his father. During the Children's Day of 2012( 1st of June), Father Lin made a phone call to Lin Dan and greeted him " DanDan, Happy Children's Day". Lin Dan laughed happily. Lin Jianbin said " In my heart, Lin Dan is always a kid no matter what he has achieved nowadays, always a kid."

Source:搜狐体育 曾珍
    Translation: Lin Dan Fans Communication Area

Tekkai, kaki!, Justin L and 1 other person like this.
  8. Nine Tailed Fox

Will the 2016 Olympic kit be same as 2012 Olympic kit ?

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I highly doubt it!

10. Nine Tailed Fox

I hope so. 2012 Olympic Kit was awesome. Hope they avoid the pyjamas. 2014 Asian Games kit for Lin Dan was nice too.

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Re-using the old Olympic gear would be extremely bad marketing, basically an admission that they had no freaking ideas or cant afford to send out new clothes....so dont count on seeing the '12 gear again ;)

Tekkai likes this.
  12. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    wpid-856957_339152469528979_1581191043_o.jpg wpid-856681_339152146195678_356381328_o.jpg images.jpg

LD reunited with his PT team and forging his physical fitness for Rio.

13. TGuna

TGuna Regular Member

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah looks like 2012. From what I can see his tattoos look like they did during the 2012 OG, without any of the recent changes

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If I'm not mistaken, that's Lin Dan's regular physical trainer, in fact personal trainer whose services he engaged at his own expense during his one-year hiatus post-London'12 and the six-month break that followed and since then to accompany him in every tournament he goes to without using the ones provided by CBA, most of the time.

Looks like he's intensifying his physical conditioning, very important for an older athlete past 30 who wants to play an attacking game, the more aggressive, the more so. No more celebrity lifestyle and commercial activities from now until Rio, I hope.

As an aside, I hope Li Xuerui has the self-discipline and push herself harder during physical training as she has no personal trainer for one-on-one attention all the time. Most athletes tend to skive a bit or not push themselves hard when the trainer is not watching closely. A lot of CHN young athletes admit to that, eg Chen Yufei (and only realized its importance during tournaments when she felt so tired) and Wang Xin when she first joined the national team. Jiang Yanjiao even once said Li Xuerui tires easily esp when stretched to three games (if I remember correctly).

badlove likes this.
  16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Why does everyone concludehe's training harder when all thats happened is that someone posted some 2012 pictures? :D

17. Nine Tailed Fox

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

j4ckie likes this.
  18. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Cl2JBMiUYAAtUzF.jpg

LD training very hard!

19. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    CcTToCxWAAArQY0.jpg CcTTpFMWIAAaiiD.jpg

Yeap, looks like LD has been doing a lot of physical training (weight) and stamina training.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Again, these pictures are old....please stop re-posting them