2016 XiamenAir AUSTRALIAN Open Superseries : Qualifying & R/32 (7th & 8th June)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Australian Open 2016' started by CLELY, Jun 6, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Congratulations to Sun Yu too for winning her tough fought game over Nozomi Okuhara. I am really impressed by her. Sun Yu has certainly improved a lot. Keep up the good work. I believe that you can go far.

nilesh123 likes this.
  2. Vijay P.

Vijay P. Regular Member

GJW 's next opponent is Saina . This match should be interesting. As an underdog she can go all out to upset the applecart. Even a narrow loss would be no mean feat.

ah_lim, krishan123456 and blabl like this.
  3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Me too I am absolutely very happy with Sun Yu great achievement and great win today.

4. krishan123456

krishan123456 Regular Member

student
    as i checked i finded out last time saina lost to a junior like u 19 player was in all england 2013 to ratchanok intanon saina is the most experienced player in the circuit after yihan she has almost 10 years of experience playing at elite level i dont think goh jin wei can upset her.

Vijay P. likes this.
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Pardon me for saying this, since you worship the Buddha, I'd expect you not to take worldly affairs too seriously, and also understand the Buddha's teaching of a non-discriminating mind (admittedly very hard to do for ordinary mortals like us).

Really, the way you keep trying to defend LCW's position, stretching your argument to the limit,almost razor thin, and pushing it , elevating the value and importance of winning PSS/SS to the fore and diminishing the significance of WC and OG which also happened carry higher BWF ranking points, denying there's such a thing as The All Time Greatest which some of the greats like Peter Gade, Lee HI, Xiong Guobao, even LCW himself acknowledged apply to Lin Dan - simply means you are in the tiny minority, that's also why you've to be so vocal, I suppose. Be careful, it doesn't backfire on you.

To put it another way, reality is harsh, being in denial only hurts oneself; otherwise, why do you think LCW until today refuses to give up and still want to try again for the umpteenth time for a WC or OG title despite repeated failures. Don't you think we should admire his unyielding spirit, dogged determination , continuous motivation , drive, hunger, persistent effort, perseverance, instead ? Besides, hardly anybody is denying LCW's greatness, he has his place in history,just that he is unlucky to be born in Lin Dan's, The GOAT's, era; whether you like it or not, it's a fact.

AlanY and badlove like this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Denmark is having more and more promising MD players, Christiansen/Daugard pushing Li Jinhui/Liu YTuchen hard, and Astrup/Rasmussen beating the prospective SIN pair Terry Hee/Loh Kean Hean.

nilesh123 and blabl like this.
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

From the score, it seemed Sayaka Sato gave Tai TY a tough fight, going the full distance, 21-12, 19-21, 21-19 in 56 minutes (I missed the match).

8. Vijay P.

Vijay P. Regular Member

Perhaps the Thomas cup win has given the Denmark men's team a big boost.

blabl likes this.
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Is this the second time Tantowi/Natsir is upset by the relatively new Danish pair, Rasmussen/Fruergaard ?

10. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    LCW fans in this forum even came up with the lamest excuses I've heard like Olympics is not important, LCW don't need to prove anything, bla bla bla and so on and so forth. If everyone's saying Olympics is the most important tournament, it doesn't work the other way around just because your idol haven't won it. It only sound as the lamest excuses.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, that huge success apparently rubs off and uplifts the rest of the teammates.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I don't know why some people don't consider the silver medal as an olympic medal. LCW has two of them. OLY is not like SS, there is no "runner up", there is a silver medal.

blabl likes this.
  14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry. The best thing to do as for now is to maintain peace in the forum and stop arguing. This is my just my advice. If you still want to keep arguing nobody will stop you.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry. The best thing to do as for now is to maintain peace in the forum and stop arguing. This is my just my advice. If you still want to keep arguing nobody will stop you.

16. Vijay P.

Vijay P. Regular Member

No . In the Indonesia open they lost to a scratch Danish pair of Kim Astrup and Line Kjaersfeldt.

blabl likes this.
  17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the reply, thinking man. Btw, I respect and like talking to thinking people, thinkers generally, they tend to be more sensible, rational and balanced in their views and opinions.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Very true, silver medal at the Olympics (unlike bronze owing to the new ruling) should never be underrated, the more so when you have two of them. But of course, Olympic performance alone is not enough, we have to look at the macro view of things,the whole spectrum, the overall performance of an athlete in his entire career, including H2H with rivals.

nilesh123, blabl and Vijay P. like this.