2016 BCA INDONESIA Open SS Premier : FINALS (5th June)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Australian Open 2016' started by CLELY, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Congratulations, TTY.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WS is like playing musical chairs, one after another taking turns to be the most in-form player for a while. After WYH's turn, it;s now TTY's.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Wow, what a convincing and powerful display from TTY in overpowering WYH!
    Here is a strong contender for the Rio Olympics crown!

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    best match of the tournament is definitely WYH vs Marin yesterday.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, in terms of quality.

Vijay P. likes this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Too bad and too late to change anything. Anyway, wouldn't make any difference as WYH was sub par today.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    This is a remarkable performance from Tai Tzu Ying (TPE).
    She eliminated China's three top WS players, all in straight games.
    Fantastic display! :p:D:eek:

Tue 5/31/2016 Maria Febe KUSUMASTUTI 24-26, 11-21 (0:36)
    Thu 6/2/2016 LI Xuerui [3] 21-18, 21-18 (0:30)
    Fri 6/3/2016 Nozomi OKUHARA [5] 18-21, 21-13, 8-21 (0:54)
    Sat 6/4/2016 WANG Shixian [6] 21-9, 21-15 (0:35)
    Sun 6/5/2016 WANG Yihan [4] 17-21 8-21 (0:34)

Those who polled more than 3 gold medals for China in the Rio Olympics may have to reconsider. Looks like MS and WS for China is no longer a sure thing for China. So it leaves the rest of the events MD, WD and XD. Can China win all the remaining three events? :rolleyes:

Will Chen Jin be able to find the answers for his WS team's mediocre performance from now till Rio?

BTW, TTY wasn't even seeded!

#347 Loh, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    udin_udik, Maurice MJC and visor like this.
  8. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    now switching my eyes to volleyball :)

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The last match was supposed to be thrilling duel but too bad it's an anticlimax of five finals, Wang YH gave her best against Marin yesterday that affected her stamina, she had no answer to face the tricky Tai Tzu Ying. An impressive victory by this Chinese Taipei talent here to knock-out four heavyweight rivals en route to bag INA Premier crown, the Chinese trio plus recent All England winner Okuhara.

Jan O Jorgensen also Chai/Hong delivered promising start to seal first game but their higher-ranked opponent, Lee Chong Wei and Lee/Yoo respectively are still too strong for them and ended same story with previous meeting, sixth title for Lee CW while the Korean ace retain 2014 title. Jorgensen had golden opportunity when he led 19-17 but Lee showed his status as one of current best MS player to stay calm and grabbed four consecutive points to force rubber games.

Title-holder Xu/Ma repeat their last year successful, deliver the only title for China as their players failed in three remaining finals. Ko SH/Kim HN performance weren't as good as semifinal stage, too many errors this time in finale. Matsutomo/Takahashi took revenge over their MAS Premier losing, the Japanese sudden comeback in middle of third game pushed pressure to Chinese combo with their smashes then brought the world number one to nail third Superseries title in this season.

Vijay P., Maurice MJC, Loh and 3 others like this.
  10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Now I would like to speak sincerely from the bottom of my heart about Korean badminton.

Okay I felt that doing double duties are not benefiting the players but only make them extremely tired.

We all know that Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong are good MD so they can just focus playing MD only. Lee Yong Dae / Lee So Hee need not play XD. Yoo Yeon Seong / Chang Ye Na need not play XD too. That is a total waste of energy during tournament time. Anyway Lee Yong Dae and Yoo Yeon Seong won't qualify to play in the XD for Olympics 2016. So why waste energy? Then Chang Ye Na / Lee So He should just focus playing WD only.

Next is Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang already qualified to play MD for Olympics 2016. So Kim Gi Jung / Shin Seung Chan need not play in XD. It is total waste of energy. Imagine doing double duties during tournament time. Not easy. Shin Seung Chan / Jung Kyung Eun should just focus playing in WD only.

Then Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol should not be playing MD and XD in every tournaments that they participate. Total waste of energy. Again doing double duties. Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol didn't qualify to play for Olympics 2016. In my humble opinion Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na should just focus playing in XD only. Then Shin Baek Cheol / Chae Yoo Jung should just focus playing in XD only. Unfortunately due to performing double duties all the time, Shin Baek Cheol miss the chance to play in Olympics 2016 as he was ranked no 9 before the Olympics qualification ended. See if Shin Baek Cheol only focus playing in XD only and didn't play in MD, I am very sure he would have qualified to play in this Olympics 2016.

But then all this is easier said than done. It is the BKA decision and also the coaches decision to let the players do double duties so I also cannot say much. However, what I have said above are just my own humble opinion and hope it will not cause any arguments or dispute later.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    TTY won against all three Chinese girls in straight sets.

That's incredible.

Sundis, visor, blabl and 1 other person like this.
  12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I can't remember any unseeded WS player having achieved this feat before - demolishing three top China players in one tournament.
    TTY is just awesome today! :D

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I think Wong Mew Choo did a similar feat in China Open, is that right?

Loh and blabl like this.
  14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes you are certainly right about it.

Loh likes this.
  15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    And this Indonesian SSP has a prize money of $900,000, which is the highest this year.

Loh likes this.
  16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
  17. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

So happy for TTY, she's always had the potential to be number 1 if not for her propensity to try too-crazy shots/ being too creative (especially in 2015). Certainly deserves to be ranked way higher than n°9.

She showed to everyone that she was a strong contender for the Olympics with her speed delightful technical skills. I don't believe any other player on the WS tour would able to win against the Chinese trio all in straight sets and in the same tournament! That's gonna giver her a lot of confidence. She also beat Nozomi Okuhara, who had 3 of their last 4 meetings. She had been splendid.

Nice to see Carolina Marin back in good form as well, after so many subpar performances this year, this was more like the dominant Carolina Marin we saw in 2015.

Ratchanok Intanon's second first round exit was a surprise. She lacked the intensity and force of will she had showed in her three superseries wins. Seems to me that she got a bit too relaxed after doing so well. Same goes for Nozomi Okuhara, despite a fair run in this tournament, she lacked the speed, power, intensity that she showed in the Hong Kong Open, Dubai Superseries Finale, Team Championships Qualifications and All England.

WS category is definitely very hard to predict with different players being dominant every few tournaments. That's what makes it exciting as well I guess :)

ein_roboter and Loh like this.
  18. Maurice MJC

19. Maurice MJC

Double post.

20. Maurice MJC

21. Maurice MJC

22. Maurice MJC

23. Maurice MJC

Don't know why my message was posted 6 times -_-

24. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow, what a crushing by TTY! Didn't watch the match, but will watch the replay later.

Maurice MJC likes this.
  25. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Title drought for WYH and WSX continue! Will they ever win another (decent) tournament? I bet no one would have predicted they wouldn't win a title for two years and counting since 2014!

And by the way, where's Fox? Told you months ago that Djokovic would win French Open! Never wrong!